What's new

Musk and Twitter

ThePanzerFuhrer

The Rock Breaker God
Member Number
Loc
Wi
Musk bought a 9.8% share in Twitter over the weekend, making him the largest single shareholder. Is that crazy bastard actually gonna make some changes with Twitter?

I’m starting to like this guy.

i dont do social media, but doesnt Trump have his own?
He does, not sure it even works at the moment.

I get he bought a massive amount of shares, but how does that equal out to him having any real say in what the company does?

Do we know what the outcome of the poll was?

Billionaire business tycoon Elon Musk posted a Twitter poll on Friday asking people whether they think that the social media platform upholds the principle that free speech is vital to a democracy.

"Free speech is essential to a functioning democracy. Do you believe Twitter rigorously adheres to this principle?" he tweeted.

Out of the more than 1.8 million votes that have been cast so far, more than 70% of the responses have been "no."

Musk then followed up the post with a mysterious tweet declaring that, "The consequences of this poll will be important. Please vote carefully."

Of course. But again at 9.8% can he effect any actual change?
I won't pretend to know but at as the largest single share holder that vote would seem to be important as a whole.
Don't forget he has the $$$ to buy more and it is very cheap right now.

He reportedly bought 73.5 million @ $39 = $2.8 billion from a guy who is worth $287 billion.
So what I am saying is he doesn't really have to stop buying.

he will have some control over maybe the best way to influence opinions in the world. Some will be concerned because he has appeared to be erratic at times. he cancelled his electric truck this weekend too, which was more interesting to me.

I get he bought a massive amount of shares, but how does that equal out to him having any real say in what the company does?
Froom the article:

"In a demonstration of the power that can be wielded by Twitter investors, Dorsey stepped down as Twitter’s CEO in 2021 following a heated activist campaign from shareholder Elliott Management. Elliott held around 4% of Twitter shares at the time — less than half of Musk’s current stake. "

he will have some control over maybe the best way to influence opinions in the world. Some will be concerned because he has appeared to be erratic at times. he cancelled his electric truck this weekend too, which was more interesting to me.

Confirmed. Tesla cancelled the E-Truck. Elon specifically cited high development costs and that the project was way over budget. No longer economically viable. So Golden boy gets a bloody nose but is still in the game.

Confirmed. Tesla cancelled the E-Truck. Elon specifically cited high development costs and that the project was way over budget. No longer economically viable. So Golden boy gets a bloody nose but is still in the game.
Source?

Froom the article:

"In a demonstration of the power that can be wielded by Twitter investors, Dorsey stepped down as Twitter’s CEO in 2021 following a heated activist campaign from shareholder Elliott Management. Elliott held around 4% of Twitter shares at the time — less than half of Musk’s current stake. "

I caught that and I understand how that can make Musk have an even better position. Maybe I should pay more attention to that type of stuff, but since I habe no vested interest, its hard.

April Fools

Pretty sure that article was a April fools joke.

Although it is delayed indefinitely, not on the tesla sight any more.

Top Back Refresh