What's new

Musk and Twitter

That's because they use Bing search results, they just claim to anonymize them before they send them to Bing.

Aaron Z
Duckduckgo can kiss my ass now.

Somebody posted a while back that Duckduckgo was going to filter positive Russian results out and it appears to be true.

DuckDuckGo to Down-Rank Sites Associated With Russian Disinformation

DuckDuckGo to Down-Rank Sites Associated With Russian Disinformation​

The move is in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. However, some users are complaining the action goes against DuckDuckGo's goal of unbiased search results.
DuckDuckGo is now down-ranking sites associated with Russian disinformation in response to the Kremlin’s invasion of Ukraine, but some critics say the change amounts to censorship.

DuckDuckGo CEO Gabriel Weinberg announced the down-ranking on Twitter(Opens in a new window). “Like so many others I am sickened by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and the gigantic humanitarian crisis it continues to create,” he wrote in the tweet, which included the hashtag StandWithUkraine.

“At DuckDuckGo, we've been rolling out search updates that down-rank sites associated with Russian disinformation,” he added.
Weinberg didn’t elaborate on the decision, or how the down-ranking will work. But his tweet comes more than a week after the European Union announced it would ban the “Kremlin’s media machine” for spreading propaganda justifying Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Since then, the internet industry has responded by blocking access to Russian state-sponsored media outlets such as RT and Sputnik News for users in the EU. In addition, Twitter has placed warning labels on tweets linking to Russian state media. (Google News decided to de-rank RT and Sputnik News back in 2017 for allegedly circulating propaganda.)

Still, not everyone is a fan of DuckDuckGo’s decision. On Twitter, some users equated the down-ranking to censorship. Others referenced(Opens in a new window) DuckDuckGo’s commitment to “unbiased search.”

“So you are censoring your users? DDG now decides what is or isn't misinformation? This decision should be left to the user,” wrote(Opens in a new window) one user.

“You've got that magic ‘disinformation finder’ eh?” wrote(Opens in a new window) another user. “You're just sure you're going to only downrank things that are wrong?”

DuckDuckGo didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. But on Twitter, Weinberg was quick to defend the decision, saying it was necessary to provide relevant search results over disinformation.

He was a Fed wanting people to take out other people's light bulbs that were on too long and too bright! :lmao:
Yeah that was his big brave act of defiance, getting on someone elses porch to unscrew an annoying lightbulb. Wasn't there some bit about it being near a copshop too?:laughing:

I wasn't convinced he was a fed until I read this.
Yeah that was his big brave act of defiance, getting on someone elses porch to unscrew an annoying lightbulb. Wasn't there some bit about it being near a copshop too?:laughing:

I wasn't convinced he was a fed until I read this.
Its also worthy to consider he was from Michigan.

Same place all the fed instigating occurred with the govna'.

Not convinced he was a fed. But he certainly had an agenda. And attempted to whip into a frenzy with the "its almost too late!!!!!" Bullshit. Then poof, was gone.

Weird shit's been going on behind the scenes in this country for a while and kicked into overdrive during corona and keeps accelerating.

Even weirder shit in Michigan.

If someone doesn't have a build thread, or post anything in tech, then why the heck are they here anyway?
the-simpsons-homer.gif

Ask Michael Gonzalez.

Or they get their marching orders of where and what to post from shareblue. :homer:
You might not believe it, but Gonzalez actually did/does wheel. We have mutual wheeling friends from San Luis Obispo. He found me on instagram a while back because my profile name says "Harry Johnson" and we both commented on a friend's picture.

You might not believe it, but Gonzalez actually did/does wheel. We have mutual wheeling friends from San Luis Obispo. He found me on instagram a while back because my profile name says "Harry Johnson" and we both commented on a friend's picture.
No shit. Maybe the problem is California then :flipoff2:

I thought progressive was the code for kook?
Traditional liberal is right wing in their world view.

I thought progressive was the code for kook?
Traditional liberal is right wing in their world view.
I dunno. With some conservatives I know, "Liberal" almost comes out as a slur/swear word, so I'm guessing that one can't be used on nice/normal people anymore.. Which sucks because "liberal" was a pretty apt descriptor for people who supported individuals rights, secularism, economic and political freedom, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, etc.

Top Back Refresh