What's new

Musk and Twitter

Since I never intend to participate in Twitter BS other than reading something someone links once in a while, IMO even if the deal doesn't go through it's a win overall because this just proves that everything Twitter management says and does is a LIE.
It's only a win if the lying stops. Otherwise it will just keep spinning.

Couldnt he just resume buying shares on the open market and up his stake if he really wanted to do something? I thought he had around 9% already. With the current drop in price it seems like he could scoop up another 10% before having to announce the buying and the price jumping again. At that point he would have significant sway and would probably be the largest shareholder.

He would still have a fight ahead of him, but assuming that 30-40% is everyday people who choose not to vote in board elections it seems like it would be relatively easy to do what he wanted.

Couldnt he just resume buying shares on the open market and up his stake if he really wanted to do something? I thought he had around 9% already. With the current drop in price it seems like he could scoop up another 10% before having to announce the buying and the price jumping again. At that point he would have significant sway and would probably be the largest shareholder.

He would still have a fight ahead of him, but assuming that 30-40% is everyday people who choose not to vote in board elections it seems like it would be relatively easy to do what he wanted.
What if he still thinks its ridiculously over priced? He could buy it and find out that its 90% bots and nobody actually uses it. Its userbase is the value, without that its just a domain name and some office space.

He isn't discovering anything he didn't know long ago. He is just showing the rest of us. To what end is the question.

What if he still thinks its ridiculously over priced? He could buy it and find out that its 90% bots and nobody actually uses it. Its userbase is the value, without that its just a domain name and some office space.

He isn't discovering anything he didn't know long ago. He is just showing the rest of us. To what end is the question.
EMPTY INTERNET THEORY

wait... you guys are all bots? crazy.

((They)) likely wouldn't waste the time on this little corner of the internet.
Seems everyone is real here. Prob got some flunky level tranny brigade super spies sleuthing around on here.

But most of social media? Ecspecially with deep fake technology?
Yeah, I'm going with most of social media, 4chan, reddit, etc is fake and gay. Super gay. And really fake.

Idk, as this place becomes more popular, I could see it getting fake and gay, kinda like the pee place did. Hope it doesn't.

Seems everyone is real here. Prob got some flunky level tranny brigade super spies sleuthing around on here.

Yeah, I'm going with most of social media, 4chan, reddit, etc is fake and gay. Super gay. And really fake.

Idk, as this place becomes more popular, I could see it getting fake and gay, kinda like the pee place did. Hope it doesn't.
They wouldn’t invest time on a counterculture site. We almost certainly are in direct conflict of their goal

The board initiated a "poison pill" clause. That if any one person owns a set percentage of the stock, every other share holder has the option to buy new shares at a lower price. Thus devaluing the stock by creating more shares, but also adding shares so that the original person that bought 15% (or whatever the % was) now has a lower percentage.

But it does attract a demographic that they would be fools to not consider.
Propaganda doesn't work on people that can think for themselves and value personal freedom. Car, motorcycle, boat, gun, pretty much anything with a hobby attached aren't going to be swayed into giving up their hobby "for the greater good"

Propaganda doesn't work on people that can think for themselves and value personal freedom. Car, motorcycle, boat, gun, pretty much anything with a hobby attached aren't going to be swayed into giving up their hobby "for the greater good"

so.... doesn't work on 3%-10% of the population?

The board initiated a "poison pill" clause. That if any one person owns a set percentage of the stock, every other share holder has the option to buy new shares at a lower price. Thus devaluing the stock by creating more shares, but also adding shares so that the original person that bought 15% (or whatever the % was) now has a lower percentage.

I did not know this, but Elon also has billions and likes attention. He could push it to that point just to tank it all. If they kept doing that some people would jump off the sinking boat. If enough jump it would sink faster.

Also, im sure he has a number of shell companies that could also buy up that stock at the newly lowered percent. When you have billions, and are friends with billionaires, you probably do some stupid stuff with your money to get some headlines.

Think this site would be a good target for agent provocateurs?
:vader2:
not really,
on the chins you got a real small percentage of really broken people, but here? we got PAE and he's too old to be of use to the glowies
I think there are a lot more 4chan type sites they would hit first
you'd be surprised at how well they filter out the propagandists
Well, not "filter out" but more like "ignore and ridicule"

like when the fuckin' ukraine war took over /k/ for a few months, there were still a few threads up with actual people in them
you aren't thinking deep enough into how propaganda can be used
it can also be used to radicalize and stir up shit where it wouldn't have been, see the current massive divide for an example of that

not just feeding bullshit statistics to try and change someone's vote, if anything that's the least effective sort

evernoob was clearly a fed to anyone with eyes
I called him out on it a few times and instantly he'd stop posting lol

he was a fun fed though, miss that guy
Dumb question: Why would a fed want an account on irate? If they're attempting to surveil someone, why not just lurk as a guest?

Just what ((they)) [you] want us to think:stirthepot:

I can't quite picture what he could have been trying to accomplish with his posts if that was the case.
1st, he wasn’t a fed. He was weird and insightful about the condition of the country. Not a fed.

2nd, if he was a fed, he would be looking for people on the forum that were considering breaking the law in some violent way. He would then team up with them and encourage them to take some action that they could then be arrested for and paraded on the tv as armed racists/terrorists/insurrectionit’s/etc to prove the government is here to keep us safe.

the plot to kidnap the Michigan governor was mostly created by feds, for example. The KKK at one pout was mostly FBI. There have been Muslim extremists caught In similar traps.

Top Back Refresh