What's new

Motortrend!

Is burnouts on MotorTrend some kind of drinking game? I just watched today’s Roadkill episode and I’ve never been more bored by a burn out. They did 20 in the first half of the video. They didn’t do shit else with that car. It was terribly boring.

this.

The '41 Ford on the new Roadkill Garage made me smile, much like it did for Dave & Steve...that just struck me as a cool little build. Maybe it's because it couldn't do a burnout so we didn't have to sit through that :laughing: but just a neat car, some old school engine tech, and cruise it down the road. I'd like to see more of this one and hope they don't ruin it. Nice bit of history as well.

Is burnouts on MotorTrend some kind of drinking game? I just watched today’s Roadkill episode and I’ve never been more bored by a burn out. They did 20 in the first half of the video. They didn’t do shit else with that car. It was terribly boring.

Finnegan said the only thing the car does well is burnouts so they went to Vegas instead of going autocrossing. 🤷

Anyone else notice the last two RKG’s, Steve looks like he’s got Parkinson’s? Or years of possible alcohol abuse?

Not sure if it's actually MT, but I just watched James May's "cars of the people, and really liked it. He does a really good job with balancing interesting info and humor in his documentary stuff.

Man in Japan or something like that on prime is pretty good. He is a very odd dude but he manages to pull most if what he does off.

Clarksons farm is still one of the best programs they as a group have put out in years.

I tried the Man in Japan. Couldn't do it. Loved the Clarkson farm series. I haven't watched anything from the short fella.

Engine masters consistently delivers interesting content. I'm a fan of "here's an internet theory/old wives tale, let's see if there's any truth to it"

I tried the Man in Japan. Couldn't do it. Loved the Clarkson farm series. I haven't watched anything from the short fella.

Engine masters consistently delivers interesting content. I'm a fan of "here's an internet theory/old wives tale, let's see if there's any truth to it"

All three of them put out good stuff. May can be a bit slow and tedious but the content is pretty good. Just don't watch it if you're sleepy.

Last edited:
I watched all the episodes on Amazon.

Made me laugh when they were talking about how cheap you could buy an F150 for, while driving a $70k fully loaded king ranch. :laughing: obviously the show was filmed a few years ago also.

I paid the $2 for the 1st season of man lab, wasn't at all what I expected and didn't watch 5 mins :homer:

Anyone else notice the last two RKG’s, Steve looks like he’s got Parkinson’s? Or years of possible alcohol abuse?
Noticed that early on in one of the first seasons where he was gas welding some headers back together

I follow him on instagram and once in a while you can catch some wild ass drunk posts from him late at night. You have to be up late cause his HR censoring people take them down before morning most of the time.

Pretty sure the dude has and still does live a pretty wild life

New Roadkill out, goes right through TiTRD 's backyard. I enjoyed it, the part in NYC was a bit overly dramatic but it was cool seeing a bunch of places I've been to or are local to me.

Top Gear America starts again this week, I'll watch it, but I haven't had any desire to revisit any of the ones from last season. Maybe this year will be better.

Dirt Every Day starts up again this week as well :grinpimp:

New Roadkill out, goes right through TiTRD 's backyard. I enjoyed it, the part in NYC was a bit overly dramatic but it was cool seeing a bunch of places I've been to or are local to me.

Watching now. Went right through my town.

Pretty neat seeing places in town. Especially the back road beaver dam.

Damn it. Might have to watch it now.

By far Fred and Dave have the best dynamic. Old school days it seemed like finn and Freiburger had decent repor but recently its been lets not fo anything besides burnouts. I think Finnegan was the best with Tony but now he's gone, newburn is okay but he doesn't really question Finnegan at all.

New roadkill was nice but i think only because it was more of a change of scenery. Put that ep back out west and its blah. They still haven't done anything like they used to lets drive to Alaska or raodtrip across the country in blasphemi.

By far Fred and Dave have the best dynamic. Old school days it seemed like finn and Freiburger had decent repor but recently its been lets not fo anything besides burnouts. I think Finnegan was the best with Tony but now he's gone, newburn is okay but he doesn't really question Finnegan at all.

New roadkill was nice but i think only because it was more of a change of scenery. Put that ep back out west and its blah. They still haven't done anything like they used to lets drive to Alaska or raodtrip across the country in blasphemi.

Newborn needs his own show.

I find myself liking finnegan less and less. Doesn't seem to have much knowledge/talent/background to contribute besides burnouts and breaking stuff for other people to fix.
The phrase "too big for his britches" comes to mind.

And also, just doing things fast and bad because of a deadline does not equal entertaining every time. That seems to be their only game plan anymore.

Seeing them try to act like MA wasn't a shithole was pretty amusing.

But I guess they're from CA so shithole is relative. :laughing:

Seeing them try to act like MA wasn't a shithole was pretty amusing.

But I guess they're from CA so shithole is relative. :laughing:
the vast majority of ca is actually way better then any where you have ever lived or called home, the cities in ca are shit holes just like the one you live in :flipoff2:

I find myself liking finnegan less and less. Doesn't seem to have much knowledge/talent/background to contribute besides burnouts and breaking stuff for other people to fix.
I'd be willing to bet he can build an engine better than or as good as anyone else on motor trend.

Have you even seen his jet boat builds?

I'd be willing to bet he can build an engine better than or as good as anyone else on motor trend.

Have you even seen his jet boat builds?

The ones where he installs engines built by other people? Sonny's built the 711 in game over and Texas speed built the 427 in "his wife's" boat. :flipoff2:

The ones where he installs engines built by other people? Sonny's built the 711 in game over and Texas speed built the 427 in "his wife's" boat. :flipoff2:

I can't recall any engine he's actually built. I know "they" were in the hemi in blasphemi a bunch of times, but I don't recall who actually was doing the work... I want to say Tony did all of it.

Top Back Refresh