What's new

Motortrend!

Hmmm, not sure about that deal. Freiburger seems to like her, seems like he's mentioning her fairly often here or there on IG, and he was talking her up today in announcing her joining the gang. I've never watched her youtube, but just browsing through her vids now I don't see her really doing any wrenching. Seems like she's a good driver, she seems to have decent car knowledge, and she does seem comfortable talking about car stuff on camera. However, in her youtube vids everyone else does all the wrenching. Not sure how that fits on HRG. Maybe they change up the HRG format a bit? Lucky builds it, she drives it?

Or maybe this is it, maybe she and Lucky just have good chemistry and it makes up for the lack of (my limited perception) wrenching ability.

Or it could suck.:lmao:
I hope she wrenches

I hope she wrenches
I’m pretty sure she does? Wasn’t she on the hoopty challenge as well? There were two women on it and they both wrenched their assess off.

Emelia Hartford is another chick that does a lot of cool car shit…. But I can’t stand a couple people in her crew.

She was on hooptie with Derrick from vgg. He was doing his thing and she turns to him and says 'literally no one knows what you are saying.' Then he goes without missing a beat 'then subtitle it.' Laughed more than I should have at that.

She's a pretty face but if she knows her shit then that's good but I don't think a single good looking girl has made it in the automotive TV world not that its a high bar.

Emelia Hartford is another chick that does a lot of cool car shit…. But I can’t stand a couple people in her crew.
Emelia and Alex were paired up in one of the Freedom Factory races. I think it was Emelia that was way to bubbly; couldn’t tell if that brought it out of Alex or if she just is also.

Ive watched Alex for a while, and she definitely isnt afraid to get in there and put the work in, but I'm not sure how knowledgeable she is about everything. Seems to really help that her dad knows damn near everything, and has done damn near everything too

Alex Taylor will be replacing Tony Angelo on Hot Rod Garage, Lucky will still be there.

Guess we'll see how that goes.

alex-taylor-photo-by-adrian-berrhill.jpg
Never heard of her. 🤷‍♂️ Lucky posted a pic where she appears to be tig welding.

Well well, looks like she can tig. Might have to break out my Jump To Conclusions mat…

1651629188089.jpeg

Watched the last few DED. Really liked the bike episode because you could tell they were having fun. Dave’s work on the booger or whatever they called it was impressive and it seems to work well.

Monster truck episode was meh in my book. The build isn’t something I was excited for and the pay off wasn’t that interesting.

Roadkill seems to be 1/2 David and 1/2 Finn projects, not much Roadkill.

Alex Taylor will be replacing Tony Angelo on Hot Rod Garage, Lucky will still be there.

Guess we'll see how that goes.

alex-taylor-photo-by-adrian-berrhill.jpg

She’s actually a competent wrench. But as a Driver she’s… well if her dad didn’t have money, she’d be the type of driver that went out first round, and the out in the buy back.

Here and her dad built that 55 it was suppose to go 6’s (it hasn’t)

She drove the bumblebee promos recently and while the car is competent, she got her butt handed to her by another driver in a slower car.

🤷🏻‍♂️ part of it I guess

I've never watched her youtube, but just browsing through her vids now I don't see her really doing any wrenching. Seems like she's a good driver, she seems to have decent car knowledge, and she does seem comfortable talking about car stuff on camera. However, in her youtube vids everyone else does all the wrenching.

You could be talking about Finnegan here.

Now that it is added that she TIGs, even more so.

You could be talking about Finnegan here.

Now that it is added that she TIGs, even more so.
Finnegan is absolutely lost when it comes to fabricating if he's not working with new parts and new stock.

Alex can turn wrenches and competently wire rigs too. I watched the building of her 55 and she was involved when she could but her dad basically has her run the camera so you don't see her do a lot.

It'll be interesting to watch as her and lucky develope chemistry over time. You can never tell how well people will work together in the first week.

Nobody has mentioned the guy Dave and Fred wheel with in the 4runner episodes was on the old board. That's Graham Tydeman aka tydes. He and Cal started 4locked films way back in the day.

Alex can turn wrenches and competently wire rigs too. I watched the building of her 55 and she was involved when she could but her dad basically has her run the camera so you don't see her do a lot.

It'll be interesting to watch as her and lucky develope chemistry over time. You can never tell how well people will work together in the first week.

Nobody has mentioned the guy Dave and Fred wheel with in the 4runner episodes was on the old board. That's Graham Tydeman aka tydes. He and Cal started 4locked films way back in the day.
I figured everybody knew.

Watching the engine masters episode with turbo manifolds vs turbo headers and it bugs me.

Frieburger basically said “yeah manifolds are only good for low power 6-700 🤨

Meanwhile plenty turbo guys are running 1200 horsepower with a factory manifolds flipped.

Watching the engine masters episode with turbo manifolds vs turbo headers and it bugs me.

Frieburger basically said “yeah manifolds are only good for low power 6-700 🤨

Meanwhile plenty turbo guys are running 1200 horsepower with a factory manifolds flipped.
He's right in certain context. Sure you can make a pile of horsepower with stock manifolds but swapping them out for something that flows better will pick up a bucket of power instantly.

New Roadkill Garage out tonight as well, been rather quiet lately otherwise. Didn't realize the DeD one was the 'mid-season finale'. That idea of dividing the season in half annoys me. 🙁

And looks like we'll have another Grand Tour, the Norway special...in like 6 months.

New Roadkill Garage out tonight as well, been rather quiet lately otherwise. Didn't realize the DeD one was the 'mid-season finale'. That idea of dividing the season in half annoys me. 🙁

And looks like we'll have another Grand Tour, the Norway special...in like 6 months.
Yeah. I wont look at MT+ for 4-5 months.

Hopefully rkg is decent, so far ded has been the best show on motortend in the last 6 months.

Not sure how true this is but supposedly they shot a grand tour in Russia but because Russia invaded Ukraine they are releasing it. Dont know if its true but thats what someone was saying when we were talking about tv shows the other day.

The new Roadkill Garage I thought was genuinely fun...and if you watch through to the outtake during the credits, Freiberger even jokes about what's the damn difference anymore between that and Roadkill.

It's good content but I question if someone in product management has just kinda lost the differentiation between the brands. I don't think it's Freiberger, feel like he'll just gladly do whatever, but I just don't give a shit about so many of the shows on there and wish that the core ones kept their initial focus. 😐

At $2/month I'm still not worried about it but the upcoming FwF and Hot Rod Garage with new hosts will make me judge it more.

Not sure how true this is but supposedly they shot a grand tour in Russia but because Russia invaded Ukraine they are releasing it. Dont know if its true but thats what someone was saying when we were talking about tv shows the other day.

They shot one in northern Norway basically as the conflict started, including some spots and airspace near and over Russia. That's the one to be released in ~6 months, which is typical for Amazon editing times.

They were supposed to shoot one actually in Russia two years ago that got shut down because of Covid, which is why they did the Scotland and France ones in the meanwhile. I don't think they filmed in Russia prior or post pandemic.

Is burnouts on MotorTrend some kind of drinking game? I just watched today’s Roadkill episode and I’ve never been more bored by a burn out. They did 20 in the first half of the video. They didn’t do shit else with that car. It was terribly boring.

Is burnouts on MotorTrend some kind of drinking game? I just watched today’s Roadkill episode and I’ve never been more bored by a burn out. They did 20 in the first half of the video. They didn’t do shit else with that car. It was terribly boring.

They really seem to be loosing it.

Like others have said, it's too rushed and just seems slapped together. They need to go back to the original format if they want to hold viewers.

I usually watch the video and put my phone down. Today I barely watched anything and was just engrossed with the Internet bullshit I read on the Internet. It was so dumb. Maybe if you’ve never done burnouts for days…

Top Back Refresh