What's new

Motortrend!

FleshEater

Ordinary Average Guy
Member Number
Loc
Pennsylvania
Searched and there’s a lot of mentions, but no dedicated thread. :flipoff2:

For those of you who pay for it what are you watching?

Hands down my favorites are Roadkill and Roadkill Garage.

Also watch Dirt Every Day, Garage Squad, and Iron Resurrection. IR does some ghey stuff to nice cars, but they do really nice work and metal fab.

Going to start Engine Masters once I get through all the above mentioned.

New Road Kill shows just dropped last week. Engine masters is good, although sometimes its gets boring or the parameters are kinda lame. I've really grown to like Road Kill Garage. Hot Rod garage is decent, don't care much for lucky, Tony is pretty good. I've tried DED, just cant stand it. The junkyard show is decent. Make sure to check out Finagans Garage on Utube

I pay, it's worth it.

is it speedvison? no, but when speedvision became SPEED became "nascar only" became...fuck i don't even know anymore, i said "If only i could just pay $5/month for the channels i wanted to watch and not do the huge bundle thing, i'd jump all over that"

bam-o, decade or so later and here we are. living in that utopia of a future :smokin:

Dirt every day, roadkill, the extras, engine masters, faster with finnigan, those sorts of things and always Ultimate Adventure. there is more content on there than i can keep up with

Roadkill, Roadkill Garage, Dirt Every Day. Hot Rod Garage with Tony & Lucky is pretty good too. Wish they'd do more Faster with Finnegan, I thought that was a cool premise.

They also have the entire catalog of Top Gear UK, including the specials :grinpimp:

roadkill was the first show my wife ever watched and said "oh wow, random crap breaks down on them all the time too! it isn't just you"

:laughing: Thanks dave!

I told my wife I’m looking in all the windows of every rolling piece of shit I see on a road trip from now on. Haha!

These guys do make me jealous. They have sweet jobs. :grinpimp:

Is it 7 bucks a month now? :homer: Shit I subscribed when it was $2.99 a month, never looked again. Maybe they are $7... still worth it though even if it s 7. Need to look now.

Honestly, I have no idea. I've been on auto renew for a year or so and I know it was under 10 bucks when I signed up

I got a deal on it last June for $2/month for a year (with no commercials). :smokin:
Roadkill, Roadkill Garage, Engine masters, Faster With Finnegan, Wheeler Dealers, Dirt Every Day and Hot Rod Garage are what I watch.

Roadkill, Roadkill Garage, Dirt Every Day and Engine Masters. Plus the magazine events like Ultimate Adventure. Can't get into Hot Rod garage (LS swaps are boring and Tony is annoying) and the normal magazine stuff with new cars is just plain boring.

I pay for it, bought it when Beat95yj was on dirt everyday. I prefer road kill, roadkill garage, hotorod garage. and dirt everyday.

Ive watched a couple of the add on shows but not many. And i usually set down a binge watch the shows to get caught up.

I get it for free.
I watch roadkill and associated programs, DED, HRG, engine masters, top gear UK, I watched an episode of dirty mudder truckers the other day.
There was a show I dabbled in about automotive history...two dweebs talking about shit like a car buried in a backyard, the wrecks off of whatever road it was in LA...was kinda interesting.

Love it. I just watch Roadkill, RKG, DED, and engine masters. All the other "reality tv" type shoes tend to annoy me.

Steve Dulcich (sp?) is by far my favorite accidental tv star.

I watched a roadkill extra where he was clearly half cut...it was hilarious and so uncomfortable at the same time.

Motortrend on Demand has been the best subscription I ever bought. I don't even watch "regular" TV anymore.

Along with the shows everyone has already talked about, don't sleep on "Full Custom Garage". I can't say I'm really into anything the guy builds, but I like watching his build process.

I basically can't stand Finnegan and I'm 100% sure we wouldn't like each other. He is a whiney spoiled baby but that's neither here no there.

edit: Hotrod Garage (where Lucky is my favorite), Roadkill Garaga, and Engine Masters are my favorite.

Dulcich is just a much more interesting hotrodder than Finnegan. Dulcich's basic philosophy is to put a high-revving small block into a Mopar boat. I think they said that on one of his shows somewhere. That's an odd underlying hotrod philosophy but that's Dulcich, who has built a very respectable tech library himself in the Hot Rod publication.

I know we don't get to see guys like Kaase think until after the fact, but of the million shows that are on about fucking with messed up cars, Steve Dulcich seems to do the best overall. I don't even think Finnegan is a slouch, he's great I just have a personality conflict with him. But Dulcich is a great mechanic and theorist among all of those mechanics and theorists. I just really like that guy, and how he works and thinks.

I basically can't stand Finnegan and I'm 100% sure we wouldn't like each other. He is a whiney spoiled baby but that's neither here no there.

edit: Hotrod Garage (where Lucky is my favorite), Roadkill Garaga, and Engine Masters are my favorite.

Dulcich is just a much more interesting hotrodder than Finnegan. Dulcich's basic philosophy is to put a high-revving small block into a Mopar boat. I think they said that on one of his shows somewhere. That's an odd underlying hotrod philosophy but that's Dulcich, who has built a very respectable tech library himself in the Hot Rod publication.

I know we don't get to see guys like Kaase think until after the fact, but of the million shows that are on about fucking with messed up cars, Steve Dulcich seems to do the best overall. I don't even think Finnegan is a slouch, he's great I just have a personality conflict with him. But Dulcich is a great mechanic and theorist among all of those mechanics and theorists. I just really like that guy, and how he works and thinks.

This is a great explanation of Dulcich. He’s the most unique guy on any show I’ve watched.

Fine... Now that I have the new tv and roku set up in the shop I guess I'll go subscribe. Bastids.

Dulcich is definitely unique. I don't know how many people 'get him but he seems very much the class clown/ makes jokes that only he gets kind of guy. Yet at the same time is very knowledgeable about how to do things correctly and not so correctly and has a epic empire of junk in his yard. You see a bit more of his personality on engine masters than the other shows.

He loves rpm and horsepower, think they said he has had like 4 or 5 engines in the Mopar muscle truck. When he drives is seems like he is always at the limiter.

Overall they seem like a decent group of guys. Lucky seems kind of bland as does Freiburger but you have to have some balance. The thing that I have found funny is recently it seems like everyone has started poking fun at the typical car show model of 'we need to get this sold or we'll lose the shop'. Thats nice to see and hopefully we get more 'normal' programing. Fred and Dave are good both obviously don't take themselves that serious but Dave has some pretty good fab skills, he has had a few really interesting episodes.

Top Back Refresh