What's new

Motortrend!

Is there anything like a Vitara diff that can be swapped it?

For where I wheel 33’s would be the ticket
Yes. 1999 to 05 trackers and Grand Vitaras with manual transmission only… have an iron differential that is a direct bolt in. The automatic transmission version’s of the same year range have the same aluminum can as mine has.

My little beater has been the epitome of reliable on 30’s, I’d put 32’s on it but gearing for bigger tires is an issue.

Is there anything like a Vitara diff that can be swapped it?

For where I wheel 33’s would be the ticket

There is a unicorn steel front diff that only came the last few years of V6/5spd or something.

Better bet is just the aftermarket front steel housing and a samurai 3rd member. But then you have super tiny cv axles, unless you swap Toyota cv's.

I swapped an 86-95 Toyota ifs front diff and cv's in mine, but never got it right. Cv's were actually too short and I think having the dis hard mounted to the frame cause some breakage that I never even saw in my much heavier 4runner on bigger tires

Yes. 1999 to 05 trackers and Grand Vitaras with manual transmission only… have an iron differential that is a direct bolt in. The automatic transmission version’s of the same year range have the same aluminum can as mine has.

My little beater has been the epitome of reliable on 30’s, I’d put 32’s on it but gearing for bigger tires is an issue.

Mine was an 00 2.0 5 speed 4 door tracker and had an aluminum diff :confused:

I'd imagine if they sat flat all the time, they'd be pretty out of round.

Are those 16s? Or something weird?

16 6x7.25 or some oddball pattern, just like the m37/wm300 of the time. I think just steel rims for them are $400-$500 a rim. It generally makes more sense on a lot of those older tigs to swap axles you get modern brakes/axles for a fraction of the cost of a refurb.

When I was helping a buddy with a m37 power wagon it was 5k an axle to update to 90s standard disks then you still end up with no off the shelf parts that actually fit. I also don't think that modern dana 60 stuff interchanges but could be wrong.

New ded was good for what it was, definitely reinforced in me that they would do well in a longer format. If you teamed up that trail adventure with a build up it would be a even better great show.

When l was in Moab a couple years ago, there were 2 guys following their wheelin' buddies around on TW 200's.

I swear they were having more fun than anyone on the trail.

I've wanted a TW200 for a long time, I'd actually have a hard time going with the trail 125 over the tw200. They're about the same price and I think the tw200 would be more fun, but the 125 does look awesome.

I'd be one of those guys, even those I have a 300xc, I'd probably have more fun on a gutless little thing.

H

Had a trail 90 as a kid, always wanted another. The new 125 looks awesome and held up well.

For 4k brand new, not even absurdly priced

My step dad had a yellow 90 with high and low. I never rode it as it was gone when I was about 8 :(

I don't think $4k is too bad for what you get either. I'd use it a lot riding to work since it's not far away.

Had a trail 90 as a kid, always wanted another. The new 125 looks awesome and held up well.

For 4k brand new, not even absurdly priced
Problem I found on Groms recently is that 4k is just the sticker price though. If your local honda dealer is like mine and has a giant dick shaped stick up its ass you're not getting out the door with it for less than 6k. Damn if it doesn't still look fun though.

Fawking Fred and Dave chopping up a new bronco…:lmao:

1651292059611.jpeg

I've wanted a TW200 for a long time, I'd actually have a hard time going with the trail 125 over the tw200. They're about the same price and I think the tw200 would be more fun, but the 125 does look awesome.

I'd be one of those guys, even those I have a 300xc, I'd probably have more fun on a gutless little thing.

My step dad had a yellow 90 with high and low. I never rode it as it was gone when I was about 8 :(

I don't think $4k is too bad for what you get either. I'd use it a lot riding to work since it's not far away.

I've had a ct110 for 20 years but its been setting for 15. After I saw that episode I dug it out and am getting it running again.

If the new 125s had high/low range I'd seriously consider buying one. To me thats one of the most important features of these and honda screwed up not adding it to the new ones.
In the DED episode you can hear the engine at clutch stall speed constantly because they need a lot deeper gearing for that kind d of stuff.

Looks like finingan is getting back to working on blasphemi. Putting it back closer to 'stock'. He said they will be doing drag week but without roadkill.

Anyone watch dulcichs stuff looks like he has 2 or 3 big buildings now where he used to store all of his cars.
Screenshot_20220430-115737_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20220430-115814_YouTube.jpg

huh, if roadkill isn't going to be at drag week, that really must mean road kill is dead. and with tony off hot rod garage, that's liable to be the end of that show as well.

damn and lame.
I'd much rather watch Tony & Mike on Roadkill. Dave brings that show down.

huh, if roadkill isn't going to be at drag week, that really must mean road kill is dead. and with tony off hot rod garage, that's liable to be the end of that show as well.

damn and lame.
David always does the announcing for drag week. So they lose half of their host staff automatically.

I wonder why they have the rest of the stuff they cut off, have to give it back to ford?

Problem I found on Groms recently is that 4k is just the sticker price though. If your local honda dealer is like mine and has a giant dick shaped stick up its ass you're not getting out the door with it for less than 6k. Damn if it doesn't still look fun though.
Ran into this when looking for new TW200. Bought used 2018 and the fellow delivered it from IL.
The monster truck is cool. Needed more motor for sure.

Top Back Refresh