What's new

Motortrend!

I believe they will continue to do what they are. Some ranching, some adventuring. They seem to be doing well so I doubt there will be any changes.

It's just seems like they'd have basically the same show. But, I guess you're comparison makes sense, more garage time and tech, with some test runs.

I think DED has a perfect blend. HOWEVER, I really liked the 4Runner episodes where they spent one whole episode building, and the next wheeling.

It's not always consistent, which is totally fine with me. Sometimes I feel like they cut the wheelin footage a little short, but over all I really enjoy ded. The stuff like the custom bellhousing on mazgrande was awesome, then also doing just fun stuff we think about doing, but can't justify the cost like the purple Nissan sand thing :laughing:

I really wish they had more offroad/4WD stuff. Good stuff. Ian’s show is really disappointing.

Man, Full Custom Garage is awesome. That guy’s work is fantastic.
I love Ian's work and the whole concept of that show, how it breaks down his thought process of what he wants to accomplish and how he's going to accomplish it. The episode with the modification of a Model T into the shop truck even had my wife mesmerized at how he approached it and executed the plan, and she does not enjoy any automotive programming.

I think DED has a perfect blend. HOWEVER, I really liked the 4Runner episodes where they spent one whole episode building, and the next wheeling.
the people in charge need to get their heads out of the sand and make the show longer, theyre cramming an hour long show into half an hour and it shows. they have more then enough footage to just edit it into an hour instead of half, i would love to see more DED.

the people in charge need to get their heads out of the sand and make the show longer, theyre cramming an hour long show into half an hour and it shows. they have more then enough footage to just edit it into an hour instead of half, i would love to see more DED.

Fully agree.

Its seems that they could easily make them at least 45 minutes. I don't see why they wouldn't, except for keeping the average Joe's attention span. But I figure if you made it through the build part, I don't see who wouldn't want more action footage? :confused:

I feel like a few MT episodes have been closer to an hour? Maybe it was just roadkill?

Its seems that they could easily make them at least 45 minutes. I don't see why they wouldn't, except for keeping the average Joe's attention span. But I figure if you made it through the build part, I don't see who wouldn't want more action footage? :confused:

I feel like a few MT episodes have been closer to an hour? Maybe it was just roadkill?
fwiw when i say hour long show its technically about 42ish minutes after you deduct tv commercials for an hour long show, i just call it an hour due to traditional tv times

fwiw when i say hour long show its technically about 42ish minutes after you deduct tv commercials for an hour long show, i just call it an hour due to traditional tv times

I get what you mean. It's funny watching half hour shows on a streaming service and they're just over 20 Mins :homer:

What is a normal DED episode? I thought they were in the 35-40 minute range?

40-50 minutes would be about perfect also.

They would rather have more short shows because there's more engagement per hour. People will watch the start of the show, skip around, and maybe watch the end. They will sometimes tune in at the end of the previous show to watch the start of the next episode, too. That's partly why you'll see two episodes of the same show back to back. If you have an hour-long show only the irate people will watch the whole thing through. There are still huge numbers of people who either have a DVR and don't use it to record/skip around or other who simply don't have one and watch every god damned commercial unmuted.

They would rather have more short shows because there's more engagement per hour. People will watch the start of the show, skip around, and maybe watch the end. They will sometimes tune in at the end of the previous show to watch the start of the next episode, too. That's partly why you'll see two episodes of the same show back to back. If you have an hour-long show only the irate people will watch the whole thing through. There are still huge numbers of people who either have a DVR and don't use it to record/skip around or other who simply don't have one and watch every god damned commercial unmuted.
so make longer episodes for us and shorter ones for the retards :grinpimp::flipoff2:

were special you know :flipoff2:

so make longer episodes for us and shorter ones for the retards :grinpimp::flipoff2:

Actually not a terrible idea, have tv length episodes that they put on the motortrend channel then have 'expended' episodes on the app. Could probably even sell some more app subscriptions that way as well.

Anyone watching on the app had to search/seek out that episode and would enjoy the extra length. It also boost engaging time being longer episodes.

Actually not a terrible idea, have tv length episodes that they put on the motortrend channel then have 'expended' episodes on the app. Could probably even sell some more app subscriptions that way as well.

Anyone watching on the app had to search/seek out that episode and would enjoy the extra length. It also boost engaging time being longer episodes.
it would make my dumbass happy :grinpimp:

When I saw the preview is was like "this is speaking directly to my soul!"

Then I felt they kinda missed it, too small of tires, no freaking lockers?!?

Then just winch over everything......

They should have spooled the rear and ran 30’s. BUT, I think the point was to do as little as possible.

It would have been cool to see that thing with a rear locker. I bet it would have avoided the winch much more if they had one

It would have been cool to see that thing with a rear locker. I bet it would have avoided the winch much more if they had one
does anybody even make one? welding it would have been neat, but i'd rather watch them winch and make a trail vs snap a shaft fairly quick.

does anybody even make one? welding it would have been neat, but i'd rather watch them winch and make a trail vs snap a shaft fairly quick.
I’m not sure. I bet YotaAtieToo wojld know. He’s a Suzuki guy.

Makes sense, they didn’t mention that the rear diff was weak so that could have been part of the decision

In my heart of hearts I saw the tracker episode and then they got to the frame I was like "Aww yeah I didn't realize they're that flat"

Go to thinking what a great lil SxS fighter they'd be with some tube and a disregard for keeping the body.

Then the diff blew on 27's and uh.. that went out the window

Hoping it makes a compact improved. I was hoping they were gonna bring the short humvee back with real trans/tcase and see it they could get it to crawl. But eh, schedules are schedules

The FwF episode with them f'n around forever to get the motorhome to wheelie was painful to watch. My wife and I both love FwF but that one jumped the shark badly.
Cotton's constant overreaction to everything was horrible.
Hopefully that's the last one with that much bullshit.

Mini spool, lunchbox and arb, plus maybe some obscure over seas options.

In my heart of hearts I saw the tracker episode and then they got to the frame I was like "Aww yeah I didn't realize they're that flat"

Go to thinking what a great lil SxS fighter they'd be with some tube and a disregard for keeping the body.

There is a bit of a cult in the suzuki section with some of us using suzukis as sxs's. We even use SxS tires and winches.

Then the diff blew on 27's and uh.. that went out the window

Hoping it makes a compact improved. I was hoping they were gonna bring the short humvee back with real trans/tcase and see it they could get it to crawl. But eh, schedules are schedules

The aluminum front diff is a weak point. They were beating it pretty hard though. JR4X has been running his stuff locked on 30s for years with pretty good success.

Mini spool, lunchbox and arb, plus maybe some obscure over seas options.

There is a bit of a cult in the suzuki section with some of us using suzukis as sxs's. We even use SxS tires and winches.

The aluminum front diff is a weak point. They were beating it pretty hard though. JR4X has been running his stuff locked on 30s for years with pretty good success.
There are mini spools and front lunch box lockers available. I think part of the reason I get away with my aluminum diff is because I have it locked, and with sticky kick ass tires. I don’t ever spin the tires so it doesn’t get shock loaded. I check the diff hanger bolts CONSTANTLY to keep it from getting wiggly. It’s getting a suspension upgrade as we speak.

There are mini spools and front lunch box lockers available. I think part of the reason I get away with my aluminum diff is because I have it locked, and with sticky kick ass tires. I don’t ever spin the tires so it doesn’t get shock loaded. I check the diff hanger bolts CONSTANTLY to keep it from getting wiggly. It’s getting a suspension upgrade as we speak.

I’m chomping at the bit to know how you like that.

If it’s worth the coin I could use it on my street legal trail beater and use the spacers from that on Little Red.

Is there anything like a Vitara diff that can be swapped it?

For where I wheel 33’s would be the ticket

Top Back Refresh