What's new

Motortrend!

Yes it helps to have a unique rig, but you don't get to go if you sound like a total toolbag on the phone after making the dirty dozen or complain a lot if you did get to go but did not comeback as a re-invited reader. Some years it is tough to pick who goes again as most everyone is awesome to hang with. Also, not all sponsors bring basic bolt on JK/JL's. I brought this.
261499526_10159048332067605_6315859399292269253_n.jpg
Off road design is definitely getting the bang for the buck award on their truck. That things been in every trip I've seen since like the early 2000's!

Off road design is definitely getting the bang for the buck award on their truck. That things been in every trip I've seen since like the early 2000's!
Is it still the same blazer he rolled or did he build a new one?

New ded is out, it was okay just wish it was a bit longer, would like to see them bump from 25 minutesto 45-50 minutes. It seemed rushed didn't really get any build tech or good wheeling shots.
I’ve thought that about the show from the beginning. I feel like they always have the shortest episodes without much of a “story line” like the other shows have. They seem to lack recurring projects and the episodes end up being 10 minutes of wrenching and 10 minutes of wheeling, often ending unresolved halfway through the trail. 45 or 50 minute episodes would really be perfect.

Is it still the same blazer he rolled or did he build a new one?

The blazer is a buggy last I saw it. I think they have a few different rigs that have done it. I remember a square body crew cab and a white gmt400 flatbed off the top of my head.

There is NO way that the garage they're showing the outside of is the same shop they're working in!

I don't give a shit about the the bugs, but this shop thing is fuckin with me.

Like, wtf is going on here? The inside is deeper than the outside and there's a second level inside that isn't outside. W.t.f.

Attachments

• 511AB9AE-EC21-43AF-9665-FB024FD24EE2.jpeg
    511AB9AE-EC21-43AF-9665-FB024FD24EE2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
There is NO way that the garage they're showing the outside of is the same shop they're working in!

I don't give a shit about the the bugs, but this shop thing is fuckin with me.

Like, wtf is going on here? The inside is deeper than the outside and there's a second level inside that isn't outside. W.t.f.
His shop definitely has an M C Escher thing going on.:laughing:

I think it’s that the bay doors are huge and make the front of the shop look proportional like a smaller garage.

The shop pictured is Dave’s. He just built a pole barn on the back of his property. The other shop they filming is Fred‘s. He has pictures of it going back to the 1930s when it was a nut barn.

He talking about how it has the tent from Harry Potter effect.

Looks like a ~30x30 from the outside and 40x60 on the inside :laughing:

He talking about how it has the tent from Harry Potter effect.

Looks like a ~30x30 from the outside and 40x60 on the inside :laughing:
Not only that, but as they pan around inside it looks like it has a 20'+ ceiling height. There also looks like there are windows well above the door height all the way around that have been covered but they aren't on the outside. There isn't even the height outside for them to be there!

Not only that, but as they pan around inside it looks like it has a 20'+ ceiling height. There also looks like there are windows well above the door height all the way around that have been covered but they aren't on the outside. There isn't even the height outside for them to be there!

Dave is kinda odd and I could almost see him making some trapezoid optical illusion building just to get these type of reactions. :laughing:

I think it is a bit of an optical illusion. Just look at how tall the garage doors are compared to the man-door. Those are at least 12' bay doors maybe 14'. So the side walls are at least 14'-16' tall

Dave is kinda odd and I could almost see him making some trapezoid optical illusion building just to get these type of reactions. :laughing:
He's also a short little guy, so any shots of him working in there will make it look enormous :laughing:

They have been shooting at his place a lot. Been wondering if it is just for a change of scenery or if there is some sort of crazy tax or regulatory incentive to shoot outside of California.

Yes it helps to have a unique rig, but you don't get to go if you sound like a total toolbag on the phone after making the dirty dozen or complain a lot if you did get to go but did not comeback as a re-invited reader. Some years it is tough to pick who goes again as most everyone is awesome to hang with. Also, not all sponsors bring basic bolt on JK/JL's. I brought this.
261499526_10159048332067605_6315859399292269253_n.jpg
1952?

He's also a short little guy, so any shots of him working in there will make it look enormous :laughing:

They have been shooting at his place a lot. Been wondering if it is just for a change of scenery or if there is some sort of crazy tax or regulatory incentive to shoot outside of California.

I was thinking it seemed like they were shooting there a lot also. Even roadkill has done a few episodes either there or in Spokane.

My dad had one when I was little, it needed a motor rebuild so he traded it for a used Corvair van, then mumbled to himself everytime we saw it driving around Alb. Corvair van was a terrible idea, we were tearing down the motor every year and a half and replacing pushrod tube seals, where rebuilding the straight 6 would have been a one time thing no more often than it was drove.
I accidently bought one off EBAY, I thought it looked like dad's and it wasn't till mom found an old picture that we found out it was the same year. Unfortunately I am pickup poor and didn't get a title so it sits out in the field.

Just a change of scenery. They seem to be trying to film the same number at Dave’s and Fred‘s. Because they are not flying, it takes two damn days to drive to either one. And I think both guys would rather be at their own house.

It also depends where they are going to shoot the pay off a video.

Last edited:
Just a change of scenery. They seem to be trying to film the same number at Dave’s and Fred‘s. Because they are not flying, it takes two damn days to drive to either one. And I think both guys would rather be at their own house.

It also depends where they are going to shoot the pay off a video.

It's not 2 days pussies :flipoff2:

If I can do it with 3 young kids in one shot, they can to :laughing:

New ded and roadkill out. Liked the ded wish they would do a longer format, looking forward to seeing the m715 again.

Roadkill was okay, was the sick week ep, still doesn't seem like f&f are into it, just going through the motions. The most emotion they show are at the roadside attractions.

On a side note I've been really impressed with Derrick at vgg, he puts out high quality content evey week.

New ded and roadkill out. Liked the ded wish they would do a longer format, looking forward to seeing the m715 again.

Roadkill was okay, was the sick week ep, still doesn't seem like f&f are into it, just going through the motions. The most emotion they show are at the roadside attractions.

On a side note I've been really impressed with Derrick at vgg, he puts out high quality content evey week.
What's vgg?

Enjoying ded currently

ViceGripGarage on YouTube. He does a lot of cleetus events and things with Kevin from KSR performance but his channel does a lot of barn find road trips. He just did 700 miles in a pile of shit original model A. 🤦

Giant dude with a tiny wife?

They were on the hoopty world cup or whatever.

Kinda agree with both, except I don't see where they're going with the m715. I liked the old school theme of it before. They should have just gotten or made some better wheels and leafs. The the bfg at's are super gay on that thing.

Kinda agree with both, except I don't see where they're going with the m715. I liked the old school theme of it before. They should have just gotten or made some better wheels and leafs. The the bfg at's are super gay on that thing.

I would like to see them engine swap or figure out the engine and do a roadkill style trip with it. Maybe its just the upbeat attitude they have vs roadkill. I like the older stuff and if they did some more trail riding it would be great, even if not super hard core.

What's vgg?

Enjoying ded currently

Vice grip garage on youtube as mentioned. I didnt really discover him till a few months ago and I think I've watched everything he's done since then. He seems like a real down to earth goofball kind of guy that would be great to drink a beer with. He does everything from 1920s stuff to 80s then some agriculture stuff and other odds and ends. Bread and butter seems to be from 50s-80s clapped out stuff that he buys and road trips like old school roadkill.

The length I think needs to fall back on the editors at Motortrend. They’re trying to make it to where it fits on cable TV length wise and for those of us on the App, it feels cheated.

Also, Hazel said on insta that Motortrend was the ones who edited UA this year with no input from them. Leads me to believe Motortrend’s editors DGAF.

As far as Roadkill, I feel like this could be their swan song in the next couple of years. Living apart has killed the “buddy vibe” that the earlier seasons had.

I feel like they’re kinda phoning it in on all the new project vehicles “let’s just buy something zany and hope it sticks”

Kind of a letdown

I would like to see them engine swap or figure out the engine and do a roadkill style trip with it. Maybe its just the upbeat attitude they have vs roadkill. I like the older stuff and if they did some more trail riding it would be great, even if not super hard core.

Vice grip garage on youtube as mentioned. I didnt really discover him till a few months ago and I think I've watched everything he's done since then. He seems like a real down to earth goofball kind of guy that would be great to drink a beer with. He does everything from 1920s stuff to 80s then some agriculture stuff and other odds and ends. Bread and butter seems to be from 50s-80s clapped out stuff that he buys and road trips like old school roadkill.

Fred and Dave are friends in real life. Lots of goofing off when they are together. They are like that on and off camera. Fred got to pick Dave when they told him he needed a co-host.

No idea about F&F. How they started or if they are friends away from the camera.

Giant dude with a tiny wife?

They were on the hoopty world cup or whatever.

The tires that were on it were new and were trash. The rims and the axles were trash. He had already swapped the axles once for some in better condition. Ndt’s with tubes suck. Fred thought about getting custom rims, Couldn’t really find anybody who could make a decent rim to fit those tires.

Top Back Refresh