What's new

Motortrend!

This was my assumption as well, he's got fwf, roadkill and youtube. He probably makes a few k a month on youtube I think he said that the majority of that money was going to Newbern as his salary basically. Then be has t shit sales you have to think he makes 10 bucks or so off each shirt and 15-20 per sweatshirt. Then f w f him and newburn get a salary plus a budget to make the cars, I'm not sure if they get to keep them and the parts though.

I know he he does a ton of horse trading and being that he is 'famous' people probably give him better deals than Joe off the street. He has a large enough audience that he can set his prices higher than a normal person. Not to mentioned all of the free stuff he gets as well as what he gets paid to pimp.

Sort of relevant, but pat musi on no prep kings has said they make more off the t shirt and swag sales in the pits than the purse is even worth..

I don't think Finnegan is a trust fund baby. He worked to get where he is. I'd still gets old seeing every project start with $20k of shit they were given though.

Doubtful. Christian Hazel just started filming a show this week for MotorTrend.

If I had to guess Tony wants to be closer to his kids. I believe one has health issues.

You scared me for a minute, I had to look up who that was. I was thinking it was that doochbag host from $10k drag shootout. I was about to cancel my membership right now!

Nah, old time magazine guy. Was at 4WD&SU then took over 4WOR when Fred left.

He still have that ramcharger?

"These tires are loud the lugs are the size of fists and you hear each one smack the ground"

The problem with YouTube money is its nice when it's there but it can go away quickly. Yeah cleetus is making bank with it but he is also always hustling for the next thing that's clickbait to reel people in. IE the ripsaw he bought.

New roadkill is out with pro 2 truck as well as a fin garage ep. Haven't watched yet, will watch tonight.

The problem with YouTube money is its nice when it's there but it can go away quickly. Yeah cleetus is making bank with it but he is also always hustling for the next thing that's clickbait to reel people in. IE the ripsaw he bought.

Thats what my wife says, which is right. But why not take it well its there? Sure a 9-5 might be more stable, but if you could pay you bills for a few years while having a blast and collecting parts, tools and vehicles, why not?

Cletus also has his hands in a lot of non youtube stuff. If youtube was dead tomorrow, he'd still be doing pretty good with his events, at his track and all over, motion raceworks, and merch.

New roadkill is out with pro 2 truck as well as a fin garage ep. Haven't watched yet, will watch tonight.

I went to check the other day and they had the pro2 thumbnail up, but it was last months episode :homer: not sure how that happened.

Hate that Tony is leaving, he and Lucky are my favorite pair to watch together. Except for when Tony and Finnegan did drag week together. Then the DED guys. DF just gets on my nerves anymore. Comes across as a “one upper” and is apparently responsible for every single cool thing that has ever happened in hot rodding over the past century. And there also seems to be some tension between him and Finnegan lately (maybe not, cause what can you really tell from watching a TV show)

Hopefully they team Lucky up with somebody that works well with him. And as long as DED is still around and hopefully Faster with Finnegan gets back to more of how the first season felt, I’ll stick around and keep paying for it.

I thought it was okay, it didn't seem like old school roadkill but it seemed like they both were excited for the truck and I can't remember a recent episode where they were both excited about something.

Watching today how long has it been since fin stopped saying best day at work ever?

Thought it was awesome! I love when roadkill does anything off-road related. And that truck is sweet

Show was pretty decent.

I think the feel they lost on the new vs old roadkill is partly due to them being in such a rush. I can't imagine they'd give up on the Hemi gremi so fast a few seasons ago. The older ones made you believe that they were actually stranded a lot more vs just hoping in with the camera crew and grabbing a different car.

Show was pretty decent.

I think the feel they lost on the new vs old roadkill is partly due to them being in such a rush. I can't imagine they'd give up on the Hemi gremi so fast a few seasons ago. The older ones made you believe that they were actually stranded a lot more vs just hoping in with the camera crew and grabbing a different car.

agree... but Frieburger did make the comment that it was a $20k engine...

agree... but Frieburger did make the comment that it was a $20k engine...

Which was probably the whole 1st season budget :laughing:

I wouldn't expect them to just burn down a badass engine for the show, but I've seen them swap multiple engines in parking lots. Road kill would have been putting a motorhome 440 in it for the trip, then switching it back later.

Show was pretty decent.

For sure.. And that goes back to the "they have too much going on" thing. They never used to (usually) have a real deadline. I always used to say that roadkill is what car guys would do for fun all the time if they didn't have to work to pay for the stuff. Well now they both got a gig they gotta make.

Last edited:
For sure.. And that goes back to the "they have too much going on" thing. They never used to have a real deadline. I always used to say that roadkill is what car guys would do for fun all the time if they didn't have to work to pay for the stuff. Well now they both got a gig they gotta make.

What do they have going that's bigger than roadkill? Just other MT shows? :laughing:

New ded is out, it was okay just wish it was a bit longer, would like to see them bump from 25 minutesto 45-50 minutes. It seemed rushed didn't really get any build tech or good wheeling shots.

New ded is out, it was okay just wish it was a bit longer, would like to see them bump from 25 minutesto 45-50 minutes. It seemed rushed didn't really get any build tech or good wheeling shots.

I can agree. I thought it was longer than 25 Mins, but you are probably right.

I was pretty impressed with how well that full-size crawled. Looks very graceful and not anything like most of the fullsizes I've seen.

Also, I think I'm officially over my dream of wanting to do UA. It used to be the holy grail trip to me. But every year it seems to be more and more sponsored shit.

Like the on x jeep. A basically stock gladiator with a fucking camper? Really?

I'd rather just go do my own trips then sit on 1 short trail for an entire day while a bunch of no skill salesmen struggle to get their billboards through a trail :homer:

I was pretty impressed with how well that full-size crawled. Looks very graceful and not anything like most of the fullsizes I've seen.

Also, I think I'm officially over my dream of wanting to do UA. It used to be the holy grail trip to me. But every year it seems to be more and more sponsored shit.

I’d still like to do it but it’s it’s pretty amusing readers have to really build something super unique to get invited, hope it’s reliable enough to get invited back, for the chance to UA.

Then the sponsors bring basic bolt on JK/JLs and an IFS Colorado 😬

And it’s not like the OnX (sp?) guys didn’t know what was going on, they were on UA 2020.

I get it, somebody is willing to give you money, take it. But probably a good thing the episodes (presented by Rugged Ridge!) were so short, to not make the sponsors look out of their element

:homer:

I'd rather just go do my own trips then sit on 1 short trail for an entire day while a bunch of no skill salesmen struggle to get their billboards through a trail :homer:
Don't let the UA videos from last year dissuade you from your dream. Last years videos hardly reflected the awesome week that we had. Yes I'm a sponsor, but trust me when I say everyone is treated very well including the invited readers. Looking forward to doing it again.

I’d still like to do it but it’s it’s pretty amusing readers have to really build something super unique to get invited, hope it’s reliable enough to get invited back, for the chance to UA.

Then the sponsors bring basic bolt on JK/JLs and an IFS Colorado 😬

And it’s not like the OnX (sp?) guys didn’t know what was going on, they were on UA 2020.

I get it, somebody is willing to give you money, take it. But probably a good thing the episodes (presented by Rugged Ridge!) were so short, to not make the sponsors look out of their element
Yes it helps to have a unique rig, but you don't get to go if you sound like a total toolbag on the phone after making the dirty dozen or complain a lot if you did get to go but did not comeback as a re-invited reader. Some years it is tough to pick who goes again as most everyone is awesome to hang with. Also, not all sponsors bring basic bolt on JK/JL's. I brought this.
261499526_10159048332067605_6315859399292269253_n.jpg

watched new episode. The could have done two episodes on the truck itself and not had issues filling time. Some cool stuff.

Top Back Refresh