What's new

Matt's Off Road Recovery.

the bags don't shit out sideways? are these vehicles that go offroad (flex...)?
the only time ive ever had a problem with bags is when i bolted them to the bottom and it ripped the bolts out due to over extending them, never had a problem with them shifting out sideways, and yes off road with longer shocks with more then stock flex is why i do it

I will say, some of the woodworking guys have gotten big and kept their videos pretty good. Maybe they aren't as big as these guys and thats why.

I'm thinking Diresta, JackmanWorks, JohnMalecki, those type guys. Though i will say Jackman got a little less interesting when he got the CNC, i enjoyed all his pallet build self-torqture videos. Still a big fan of his animation style, which carried over to Making Fun on Netflix

So, could someone explain to me how we know they're mormons?

Explain like you're speaking to a 230 lbs 4 year old child. Thanks.
Nice, family-oriented, into motorsports, aggressively drink carbonated beverages?

Who cares, anyway? Seemed like a weird thread detour.

they are based in Utah, and i get this "cult" like vibe from their videos. Never one expletive, mention of alcohol, all the same people spending many hours together....

How can you tell? I feel like they are because they are in Utah and their weird obsession with Mountain Dew and soda in general for some reason reeeaaaallllyyy make me think they are Mormon or something.

Isn't that the kids name that found the golden tablets that only he could read with his genuine article one of a kind just clip out 14 barcodes and send em in with $11.27 for shipping and handling decoder ring?

My bad. Joey, not Jake.
Yeah, but then the magic tablets spontaneously disappeared so . . . take Joe Smith's word for it :flipoff2:

EDIT: and wear the magic underwear

EDIT 2: and if you're hardcore, start hoarding wives

I would say not Mormon if they're pounding Mountain Dew. Caffeine is not approved by the church.
Maybe they're just not good Mormons :laughing:

They could attend the Joe Smith honeycomb hideout fan club meetings,

. . . but still pound Mountain Dew . . .

. . . or, mount and pound dudes . . .

. . . dunno how powerful magic undies are at redeeming your soul after a caffeine-fueled sodomy spree :confused:

Maybe they're just not good Mormons :laughing:

They could attend the Joe Smith honeycomb hideout fan club meetings,

. . . but still pound Mountain Dew . . .

. . . or, mount and pound dudes . . .

. . . dunno how powerful magic undies are at redeeming your soul after a caffeine-fueled sodomy spree :confused:

Are Mormons on the "if you say you're sorry the right way you're good to go" club?

Have the rules changed in the last 20 years? The Mormons I knew back then, caffeine was strictly off limits.

Went to 4-H camp with some Mormons and it was like their Rumspringa, bouncing off the walls from fountain drinks and candy.

Have the rules changed in the last 20 years? The Mormons I knew back then, caffeine was strictly off limits.

Went to 4-H camp with some Mormons and it was like their Rumspringa, bouncing off the walls from fountain drinks and candy.

As I mentioned (and cited Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint documentation) previously in this thread, that is an interpretation by those specific individuals, not by the church as a whole. The whole of the Word of Wisdom says nothing about caffeine, it mentions "hot drinks", like coffee or tea.

Like any group, people choose what they want to read/see/hear/do. Having been a five decade "member", very little (if anything?) has changed doctrinally, but there has been changes in emphasis to point out pieces of doctrine that practicing members have misinterpreted.

If one believes Bible stories, I don't see what the issue is with how the Book of Mormon was translated. The method is a "fantastic", but plausible in my mind. "Joe Smith was a man, flawed like all of the rest of us and has a few issues. Some issues have been sensationalized the past 200 years to become "truth". There's a pretty interesting scholarly book called Rough Stone Rolling that takes a solid look at Joseph Smith, his flaws, challenges with interpretation, struggles to become a leader (this all started with him at 14 years old, he was killed at 39).

Members SHOULD read the whole of "scripture", The Book of Mormon (the book about groups settling in the Americas that testifies of Christ and his teachings), Pearl of Great Price (translated from scrolls after the Book of Mormon), Doctrine and Covenants ( very interesting collection of mostly Joseph Smith's revelations as the church is organized) and the King James Bible with it's Old and New Testament.

I assume like anything else I've been involved in, it's easier for people to listen and do what others tell them to do than to read and think for themselves. To me, the teachings are harmonious with the Old and New Testament. At worst, one would gain greater insight into "odd" Christian beliefs/practices if you read the LDS scripture.

I'd lay out how I feel about "the funny underwear" but am sure it would be dismissed. It is a bit offensive the tone that that is talked about in. Maybe I'm a bit sensitive? Probably? I usually have pretty thick skin.

Here's a Wikipedia link for garments. Temple garment - Wikipedia I haven't read the full of it, but what I skimmed is seems fairly accurate.

As I mentioned (and cited Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint documentation) previously in this thread, that is an interpretation by those specific individuals, not by the church as a whole. The whole of the Word of Wisdom says nothing about caffeine, it mentions "hot drinks", like coffee or tea.

Like any group, people choose what they want to read/see/hear/do. Having been a five decade "member", very little (if anything?) has changed doctrinally, but there has been changes in emphasis to point out pieces of doctrine that practicing members have misinterpreted.

If one believes Bible stories, I don't see what the issue is with how the Book of Mormon was translated. The method is a "fantastic", but plausible in my mind. "Joe Smith was a man, flawed like all of the rest of us and has a few issues. Some issues have been sensationalized the past 200 years to become "truth". There's a pretty interesting scholarly book called Rough Stone Rolling that takes a solid look at Joseph Smith, his flaws, challenges with interpretation, struggles to become a leader (this all started with him at 14 years old, he was killed at 39).

Members SHOULD read the whole of "scripture", The Book of Mormon (the book about groups settling in the Americas that testifies of Christ and his teachings), Pearl of Great Price (translated from scrolls after the Book of Mormon), Doctrine and Covenants ( very interesting collection of mostly Joseph Smith's revelations as the church is organized) and the King James Bible with it's Old and New Testament.

I assume like anything else I've been involved in, it's easier for people to listen and do what others tell them to do than to read and think for themselves. To me, the teachings are harmonious with the Old and New Testament. At worst, one would gain greater insight into "odd" Christian beliefs/practices if you read the LDS scripture.

I'd lay out how I feel about "the funny underwear" but am sure it would be dismissed. It is a bit offensive the tone that that is talked about in. Maybe I'm a bit sensitive? Probably? I usually have pretty thick skin.

Here's a Wikipedia link for garments. Temple garment - Wikipedia I haven't read the full of it, but what I skimmed is seems fairly accurate.
My brother's wife's family, especially the older generation is weird in things like caffeine, swearing, etc. They are Baptist though may as well be Mermon.

I had no idea and mentioned in passing about needing a damn drink after a 20+ hr flight and drive for his wedding.
Not that I actually NEEDED a drink, was mostly to make a point on how bad the trip was.

They about got the vapors over that. My brother pulled me aside to "talk" about it. Fine, I'll go sit in the corner and not saw a word.

I avoid them mostly. It's near impossible to have a conversation when constantly trying to filter everything you say to protect their virgin ears.

Jokes are usually offensive to someone, as is genuine derision. If you're truly secure in your beliefs, you should be able to shake it off as "ignorance" on the part of others. If you can't get over it, that insecurity may be pointing to a muted bullshit meter going off in the back of your head.

I've got a brother that's Mormon, over all its a non-issue. but he fits the stereotype from the outside looking in. Found the Church, met a girl, got married in the temple non Mormons were not allowed to attend, wears sacred garments, coffee is out, but soda and sweets are a non issue that I can tell,

Tithing is a thing IDK 10%, baptisms non members are not allowed to, as a family I think that's probably the biggest issue , Daughters weddings non members are not allowed to.

I don't go to a church for myself so not having to go for him works for me, but it's always an uncomfortable situation with the family.

There are a bunch of private things that non members are excluded from. Thus the comparison to cults and scientology. And the accusation that Joseph Smith was an epileptic and his seizures were when he claimed to see the religious communications.

My observation was he was going to have kids till he had a boy, he has three daughters, then a boy. and has stopped having kids.

And he did move to Utah near salt lake. the mother land. probably more I'm missing.

I have another brother that's Catholic, I would say the Catholic's are more welcoming and inviting into their church and religion.

I've got a brother that's Mormon, over all its a non-issue. but he fits the stereotype from the outside looking in. Found the Church, met a girl, got married in the temple non Mormons were not allowed to attend, wears sacred garments, coffee is out, but soda and sweets are a non issue that I can tell,

Tithing is a thing IDK 10%, baptisms non members are not allowed to, as a family I think that's probably the biggest issue , Daughters weddings non members are not allowed to.

I don't go to a church for myself so not having to go for him works for me, but it's always an uncomfortable situation with the family.

There are a bunch of private things that non members are excluded from. Thus the comparison to cults and scientology. And the accusation that Joseph Smith was an epileptic and his seizures were when he claimed to see the religious communications.

My observation was he was going to have kids till he had a boy, he has three daughters, then a boy. and has stopped having kids.

And he did move to Utah near salt lake. the mother land. probably more I'm missing.

I have another brother that's Catholic, I would say the Catholic's are more welcoming and inviting into their church and religion.

Interesting that people are excluded from attending baptisms. The only things I'm aware of that are exclusionary are the actual temple ordinances. Baptisms are usually performed in a church building called a Stake Center but can be performed in a body of water.

No idea on the kid thing. I have three boys and one girl. Last kid is a girl. First kid was a "surprise " as a result of a two hour "relationship ". That young lady still doesn't care for me to this day. I got married a few years later and my wife and I have three kids, boy, boy and girl.

Personally, the only thing holding me to SLC is my aging parents are nearby

Jokes are usually offensive to someone, as is genuine derision. If you're truly secure in your beliefs, you should be able to shake it off as "ignorance" on the part of others. If you can't get over it, that insecurity may be pointing to a muted bullshit meter going off in the back of your head.

I should probably rephrase my 5am rambling. I don't know much at all about Jewish caps, or hijibs. They seem to be religious in their nature and as such, I respect that person's right to wear those items. I'm sure there are many examples out there of a similar nature (rosary beads, priests collars, etc) for various religions. I'm honestly interested to know the originating significance of those items. I don't see the "garment " as much different than any of those items.

As you mention, I should be (and am)quite convicted to my faith. I don't need other's approval but would appreciate some similar respect to something sacred to me. If someone is harrassing other folks about their sacred items, I accept the same treatment. The treatment just gets kind of old. I'll get over it someday

Top Back Refresh