What's new

Matt's Off Road Recovery.

AvE, anyone? He's almost entirely quit posting anything worth watching. It worries me for him.
I do definitely miss the BOLTRs. Felt like I was getting actual valuable information on the build quality of a tool instead of

"It fits good in my hand and still works goodish after I dropped it off a ladder so it must be a great tool, 10/10 pass go and collect sponsor money"

ditto on AVE too. used to watch everything, now he's definitely under the "upload something" pressure mentioned earlier.

It happens when they go from it being a hobby to a job.

ABomb used to be way more entertaining. Now it's just nonstop hashtags and sponsor plugs.
Ugh, I stopped when he was getting into the new shop, the light flicker was bad then.

It happens when they go from it being a hobby to a job.

ABomb used to be way more entertaining. Now it's just nonstop hashtags and sponsor plugs.
Ironic how once the view base grows enough for them to start making some money at it, they fuck it up and we all leave.

Yeah i got sucked in by the Suzuki rescue & restore. Curious to see it done, but i doubt i will follow any of their channels once it is.

I'm also getting bored with Matt, Fab rats, and that whole youtube family.

Check out grind hard plumbing, he's putting out some cool shit

Yea I'm finding the content stale.

The Suzuki project started out cool, I just don't see the point in making it look better than new. The sheet metal is super flimsy on an LJ. Would have rather seen it built like Paul's FJ with the patina and tube work. Hell a gold tinted Raptor Liner paint job would have been plenty fancy and cool looking.

No offense to Layton's work, it's going to be cool.. just an odd choice..

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what all that filler looks like in 5 years. :barf:
Yea I've seen what happens when a panel full of that spray on stuff gets wrinkled and it's a bitch to fix!

Yeah, daystar makes a cool little cradle

AirBagCradle.jpg

Daystar Air Bag Cradle - KU09140BK
dont need a cradle, ive got 4 different vehicles running around with air bags free floating on the bottom, nothing but a flat landing pad

Layton is totally overblowing it. $1000 a gallon paint, Amelia Island-level concours paint job, powder coated frame, Cerrakote exhaust: give me a fucking break. Ed is pushing 85 years old, for crissakes. Get him his vehicle to drive and enjoy. Layton has made it about him (yes, he sure can do good work, but show off on a different project) instead of about Ed.

I was suspect when i head PC and cerakote, but the nail in the coffin was the cost of the paint. I was thinking, Ed doesnt come across as someone who would give a shit about that???

I'm also getting bored with Matt, Fab rats, and that whole youtube family.

Check out grind hard plumbing, he's putting out some cool shit

GHPC is pretty good. I also dig Deboss Garage, altho ive only been following him since he started that Cat powered F350.

I was suspect when i head PC and cerakote, but the nail in the coffin was the cost of the paint. I was thinking, Ed doesnt come across as someone who would give a shit about that???

GHPC is pretty good. I also dig Deboss Garage, altho ive only been following him since he started that Cat powered F350.

I'm pretty sure Ed just wanted to drive it again. Totally went a different direction than I thought it would.

When I was off my feet I watched a lot of Mortski garage. Those abandoned will it run videos always sucker me in if the host is a D-bag.

I kind of got the feeling Ed wrote the zuki off and didn't give a F about it a year after it was sealed in the woods.

What if they are going to bury Ed in it?

We don't really know the whole story right... :homer:

This is very true. I don't begrudge him for hitting it fat. My point is that the sudden and ostentatious show of wealth diminishes from what made him a success. He could 'visibly' be spending 1/10 and using the rest for trust funds for him, his wife, and his kids. Internet wealth can dry up in a flash.

“Off the ranch” is an example of doing it right IMO. Dude has probably made 10x the $ off YouTube and his T-shirt business than he has as a vet, but he’s still humble, the same dude, and doing a bunch of the work himself.

Does some obvious paid ads, but isn‘t just a “commercial break”, and I don’t really have an issue with people pimping stuff they have found and enjoy.

Layton has made it about him (yes, he sure can do good work, but show off on a different project) instead of about Ed.

Agree. When he split the leaf packs to coat them individually I thought this kid is just trying to flex now. I get the drive to do the best job you can but no matter what some keyboard cowboy will always comment "you did it wrong" so why not forget all that and focus on who it's for. Ed is not a pebble beach concourse kinda guy. Could have skipped about a week's worth of primer blocking and just painted the damn thing. It's an old mans 4x4. Not a body shop headed to sema.

It's an old mans 4x4. Not a body shop headed to sema.

It wouldnt surprise me that once its done you see the Suzuki show up with the Rokon and the Morrvair at some fancy car shows. Gotta let Ed show it off, right??

Speaking of the Rokon, has anyone followed that build? Over on Bikes and Beards or whatever its called? The bike seems cool but i didnt watch any of the videos on it.

Got a thread? I've been thinking about bags... What brand do you like?
last 3 sets have been these, no problems so far

no thread, all they need is a landing pad either the ones that come with the kit(if you buy one with brackets for your vehicle) and just dont bolt them down on the bottom(one set is like that) the others i just build my own landing pad off the u bolt plate. i can take a pic

Speaking of the Rokon, has anyone followed that build? Over on Bikes and Beards or whatever its called? The bike seems cool but i didnt watch any of the videos on it.

Yeah I followed along on that one as well. They did a good job restoring it. Now it's off to Layton for a five figure paint job

Yeah I followed along on that one as well. They did a good job restoring it. Now it's off to Layton for a five figure paint job
The B&B guy doesn't seem to be one of the cool kids. I laughed when he said "Now we'll send it off to that paint guy, Bobby, or Robby, or whatever."

His random Psalms make more sense in light of the Mormon Mafia, though...

I don’t have a problem with FabRats spending money they earned on things that will better the shop. The new cameraman is annoying af though.

Also the cornet? Giveaway car? I wouldn’t want to have to pay the taxes to accept that pos.

Anybody with “beard” or “humble” in channel name gets a do not recommend channel from me.

I never watched Matt's channel but like what had been posted here I tend to watch smaller channels until they blow up and change. I watched all of cleetus videos and now I hardly put it on. There's several like that.

I don't know if it's because I like it unrefined or they get to a point of being unrelatable.

Top Back Refresh