What's new

Matt's Off Road Recovery.

All true, but my read of that situation is this---> the other people in that shop are all born to the world they are in. I suspect Jake wants in, but has nothing to offer except positive energy, can do, will do, always blowing sunshine in order to make his place there. I think he started in the video room (the bottom) and figured out how he could get skills, hustle, do the shit jobs with a smile, and make a place for himself. My guess is he will stay until he is like Trevor was... once he gets there, he'll probably try his own thing.

I remember hustling myself onto a framing crew as a young kid (for summer work) everyone was already 'part of it' and I was the interloper coming in. I had to hustle extra hard, be super nice and suck up, but I got there and I learned a ton and never regretted it. I also sense that Jake sees Matt as a role model and someone to emulate as he creates his life and I think he is genuinely grateful to have a spot. Nothing wrong with any of that in my book. But, yeah, it can be a hard watch to see someone having to scratch and claw.... I think he will do well and I prefer his vibe to the guy who works with Rudy on his projects... that guy is difficult for me to imagine working with.
Kind of new to all this YT stuff. Have any on MORR spin offs been successful? I have tried to watch RAD, but it is to tedious. Tried to watch Casey Ladelle, but his turned into mostly commercials. The mix of fab and recovery seems like a great mix to me, fab rats and MORR, are the only two I have found I can watch consistently. Trailmator fits in, but mainly because I am interested in his locale, and he does get some cool recoveries.

Jake is extra cringey to me, but 100% agree he prob never says no to an assignment, and does it with total enthusiasm.

Pics of office girl? :flipoff2:
She is a young little sweete; just an all around wholesome kid doing a good job. We had a really nice young lady (cowgirl) loading hay for us this weekend. My son said "dang that girl made me look like a little bitch". :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

20240926_144743.jpg
20240927_125405.jpg

Last edited:
Kind of new to all this YT stuff. Have any on MORR spin offs been successful? I have tried to watch RAD, but it is to tedious. Tried to watch Casey Ladelle, but his turned into mostly commercials. The mix of fab and recovery seems like a great mix to me, fab rats and MORR, are the only two I have found I can watch consistently. Trailmator fits in, but mainly because I am interested in his locale, and he does get some cool recoveries.

Jake is extra cringey to me, but 100% agree he prob never says no to an assignment, and does it with total enthusiasm.

there is something to 'figuring out your brand' and 'star power' in terms of people who are just very watchable.

Not a lot of "Matt's out there" I think sleeperdude has that quality.

From Matt's group... I think Tom Tom's site will eventually be pretty good. Rudy has that quality, but not a surrounding cast to help him yet... (Matt had Ed early and Eric who were watchable immediately and his kids are almost all good.)

With fabrats, Paul is great and Dar was pretty good. Of his kids, I think Jace has it, but he is going through his teen years and so not into it. Landon isn't a front of camera guy.

I would bet that Matt's kids will all do well. They all have 'it' that have been on the show. The young one will do really well.

a really good site I think is very watchable is 'guilty of treeson' some very good content

ambition strikes is also good.

diesel creek too.

I like Tom Toms channel. He is a smart dude.

I watch fab rats, but I dont make it completely through every episode. He seems like a nice guy, but full of himself.

I like Robby Laytons channel. They are faking their way through it like everyone else and it is entertaining.

I also watch Colt Build It, but annoying how he overexplains the most simple things. And he ran PVC for shop air :shaking:

there is something to 'figuring out your brand' and 'star power' in terms of people who are just very watchable.

Not a lot of "Matt's out there" I think sleeperdude has that quality.

From Matt's group... I think Tom Tom's site will eventually be pretty good. Rudy has that quality, but not a surrounding cast to help him yet... (Matt had Ed early and Eric who were watchable immediately and his kids are almost all good.)

With fabrats, Paul is great and Dar was pretty good. Of his kids, I think Jace has it, but he is going through his teen years and so not into it. Landon isn't a front of camera guy.

I would bet that Matt's kids will all do well. They all have 'it' that have been on the show. The young one will do really well.

a really good site I think is very watchable is 'guilty of treeson' some very good content

ambition strikes is also good.

diesel creek too.
Of all the people you are mentioning I only know of one and that’s because I met him in college, and I still occasionally bump into him when I’m with friends. The rest you might as well be speaking, Swahili.

Of all the people you are mentioning I only know of one and that’s because I met him in college, and I still occasionally bump into him when I’m with friends. The rest you might as well be speaking, Swahili.
when you are in youtube, type the name in the search box and their channels will come up..another channel I really enjoy is called surviving ringworm that dude is pretty amazing....

it was all swahili to me too... then once I started watching, I found I liked it a lot more than regular tv.. definitely better than any of the motortrend shows or building shows.

I enjoy Matt. I look at it for what it is, pure entertainment. My kids bought me a wheeling trip for me when he had one during Winter Jam a few years ago. Make no mistake, he is a smart dude, but also very personable.
Paul is a little full of himself, his wife is a bit of a motor mouth, but they are over all very pleasant people and easy to talk to.
I haven’t met Robby, but for me, his wife is a bit of a trip. I fast forward when ever she is on. I find Hillbilly tedious, knowledgeable but has never semmed comfortable in front of the camera. In reality, he would probably be happier driving the tow truck.
Rory and company, Rory is a bit on the arrogant side, but mostly it is to establish confidence. I have watched him and come across him in other places. The guy is a worker, and whenever there is work to be done, he is absolutely the first to jump in. Mike and Shawn are as hysterical in real life as they are on videos. All three are very real.

That’s how I look at them all.

Top Back Refresh