What's new

Matt's Off Road Recovery.

It blows my mind how much content Vice Grip Garage releases. I know he mostly films himself, but I cant imagine he has time to edit it as well.

I think his wife does the editing. But he's stuff is so basic - just different angles of him working on shit so the editing is really just stitching together different shots and cutting the the stuff you don't need to see. He's an example of someone who's done well because his personality and subject matter is actually entertaining vs. trying to do over the top shit just to get the clicks and likes.

Abom79 is one that comes to mine. Has ended up with a complete seperate shop with I dunno, half a million? of given or highly discounted stuff yet is mostly making little trinkets and doodads that a guy with probably 5k of equipment could do.

What happens when that $20k a month or whatever it is goes poof? Or the companies of the shilled products want it all back? Not like a regular job is covering those sorts of bills.
All of that expensive equipment is effectively on loan to him or extremely heavily discounted. He's got well over $1m of shit in that little shop. And every fucking video or social media post will have 20 hashtags to tell you about who is giving it to him. Can't stand seeing anything from him any more because everything is a plug now.

Since this is now the Youtube chat thread, does anyone know what happened to Wrecked Gear? They suddenly stopped posting videos and sold the buggy. Curious if it was some kind of medical issue or something. At first I figured he was stepping up to a portal car, but I doubt it now that they haven't posted anything in several months. I enjoyed watching their videos, but the latest ones were starting to feel overdone and a bit commercialized. Ive wheeled a couple of times out at Sand Hollow with Forrest Wang who was on their channel a lot, and that guy is a fuckin' driver.
Publicly saying burnout trying to post weekly and not seeing growth.

I was thinking Portals or moving to SH initially also. Bronson was always easy to chat with when I'd run into them.

All of that expensive equipment is effectively on loan to him or extremely heavily discounted. He's got well over $1m of shit in that little shop. And every fucking video or social media post will have 20 hashtags to tell you about who is giving it to him. Can't stand seeing anything from him any more because everything is a plug now.

Don’t forget to like subscribe and comment!!!!

Those are the two things that annoy me the pound me too sign. And the incessant need for self promotion, if people like your shit they will subscribe and comment you don’t have to tell them, especially first thing before you even start you video after your clickbait thumbnail.

Last edited:
thought his vids got shut down?

He’s still posting, think he might be shadow banned. His videos are censored but you can still get what flavor of fuck he’s using.

IMG_8199.jpeg

Casey Ladelle is a good example of a guy who is engaging and a one man show on YouTube.
he keeps hiring people and they keep quitting... it does not surprise me... that dude is def on the spectrum

thought his vids got shut down?
He’s still posting, think he might be shadow banned. His videos are censored but you can still get what flavor of fuck he’s using.

IMG_8199.jpeg

All his public videos are heavily censored to keep youtube happy so they don't demonetize him. Apparently if you throw a couple bucks a month to him on his onlyfans patreon, he has all the ungreased versions posted.

Hooligan was pretty cool before Ken died and everyone quit. Now it's just a bunch of random dudes who pretend like they are the old crew and it pretty much sucks.

I'll have to see if I can find the video again because youtube history is useless if you end up bouncing video to video since it doesn't actually keep a history of what you did watch. Apparently there is a venture capital company buying automotive channels and pulling the VS type shenanigans. Hoonigan is one channel that was bought, and some other channels where the 'popular' extra faces of the channel broke out to their own channnels. I think that was the push to Hert leaving hoonigan.

Two channels I watch are all self edited, one I really don't watch anymore becuase he decided to listen to the whiners in comments "get a better camera" "you need a microphone" and he spiraled into trying to make a big production out of everything and as a result, essentially edits and over produces everything that the charm is gone. Sure he makes a polished video now, but the grit is what hooked me when he first started out and made it interesting to watch.

Another, she just uses her iphone for videoing, and I guess would be more vlog than full on video poduction. She doesn't pay much heed to comments bitching about what equipment she uses and puts out a decent video on whatever subject she happens to be covering. Still watch. But she's also got to watch her edits now because trucker mouth and other subject matter the youtube puritans need to protect us from.

For folks like us, its the youtube censorship that really takes the fun out of videos. Peggin leg getting the youtube censorship hammer so what he posts on youtube is hack'n'slashed to cut swearing. And if you've followed him for any length of time, thats the shit we want to hear. Talks like us and makes it funny. He pulled all his old videos because of it.
The Neutral Drop guys, same shit, the youtube censor fucking up what used to be fun, talk like you do everyday videos.

I need to thin my subscribe list out. Alot of the guys I used to like are meh now due to the above. Or just the channel isn't interesting anymore. Seen enough flight simulators now. Grand Thumb is another one that used to be good but gone to appealing to people 20 years younger. Really need to just dump youtube.

All his public videos are heavily censored to keep youtube happy so they don't demonetize him. Apparently if you throw a couple bucks a month to him on his onlyfans patreon, he has all the ungreased versions posted.

Ya I don’t have a onlyfeet or patroon, I’m terrible at canceling things so I’d be paying for 5-10 years. Is there a minimum donation on that stuff? I would assume a guy would get a lot more people at a dollar a month than five or 10 bucks a month.

Last edited:
I need to thin my subscribe list out. Alot of the guys I used to like are meh now due to the above. Or just the channel isn't interesting anymore. Seen enough flight simulators now. Grand Thumb is another one that used to be good but gone to appealing to people 20 years younger. Really need to just dump youtube.
Rumble any good? I'm getting pretty fed up with YT's censorship.

Ya I don’t have a onlyfeet or patroon, I’m terrible at canceling things so I’d be paying for 5-10 years. Is there a minimum donation on that stuff? I would assume a guy would get a lot more people at a dollar a month than five or 10 bucks a month.

I think he's one of the ones that will let you in for any donation amount. SV Seeker was the same way - donate to him once and you had access for life.

You don't have to have a crew, but you have to be good to attract the masses.
I say it all the time, If I had the balls I would buy a bunch of cameras and record my day job with some off color commentary and pay some one to make me videos. But I have no balls...
I could provide the off color commentary. Friends say I’m the least pc person they know. :smokin:

ColdWar Motors takes junk that most people wouldn't bother with and turns them better than showroom quality. He took a 60s Plymouth that was rust from about the middle down, and a Dodge of the same era, took several years but wow! Halfass does some good stuff also
Cars and Cameras has a front engine dragster running a highly modified Harbor frieght engine that is turbcharged and running methenol went 98 MPH IIRC it's last pass in an 1/8 mile

Last edited:
Casey Ladelle is a good example of a guy who is engaging and a one man show on YouTube.
Casey seems like a really nice guy, and has been doing some nice stuff, but his vids are way to long and to much blah blah blah. He blew up pretty close to me the other day, and I’d have gone and helped him, but he has no idea who I am. I feel like he could have more compelling vids in half the time.

I don’t mind filming and taking the extra time to splain what’s going on, but I hate sitting down to edit. I have 3 or 4 little projects I have videoed still on sd cards waiting for that day I grow patient enough to sit down and put them together…

Casey seems like a really nice guy, and has been doing some nice stuff, but his vids are way to long and to much blah blah blah. He blew up pretty close to me the other day, and I’d have gone and helped him, but he has no idea who I am. I feel like he could have more compelling vids in half the time.

I don’t mind filming and taking the extra time to splain what’s going on, but I hate sitting down to edit. I have 3 or 4 little projects I have videoed still on sd cards waiting for that day I grow patient enough to sit down and put them together…
Maybe you could have told him to not fuck with the Canadian border guard...:laughing:

Trail Mater has a editor but all the video is shot by him and his guys.

I watch that one.
No blah blahing forever, just to the point, meaningful work, no shilling brain and dick pills, rocku ear plugs, tiger wars nintendo games, etc.
Topper Machine is another good one.

I really enjoy Rory's videos. it's the Rory, Mike, and Shawn show. Occasionally Rory will go solo and take his daughter Lilly to hold the camera for him. The young kid Tyler does all of his editing though. Occasionally he is in the videos as well. I don't think I have ever heard Rory and crew cuss in their videos? Not sure if they are just like that IRL or if they do that to keep the YT overlords happy?

Top Back Refresh