What's new

Matt's Off Road Recovery.

the average YouTuber in the US earns ~$.01 to .03 per view. So one million views would be 10-30k. Its more if you run ads, but he doesnt.

Looking at his YT page, Matt's average video has 750k views. Even at .01 thats a $7500 check. Id bet he makes enough money off YT now that he doesnt have to charge for the recoveries at all. Could very well have a disclaimer where if you agree to be filmed its free.
I had heard it was $1.21/1000 views, but since I don’t even have a YouTube account, you could very well be correct. He has done a very good job of branding, promoting himself and others, and they do get shit done in the shop. I’ve got a face for radio, so I don’t think my second act will be YouTube content…

I had heard it was $1.21/1000 views, but since I don’t even have a YouTube account, you could very well be correct. He has done a very good job of branding, promoting himself and others, and they do get shit done in the shop. I’ve got a face for radio, so I don’t think my second act will be YouTube content…

It's not a fixed rate. Bigger channels with more view and more interaction and more click-throughs on the ads can get way more. A shitty channel, like a Canadian polishing tools might only get a few cents per 1k whereas someone like Mr. Beast may get over $10.

If anyone on here posted videos with as high of a production value as his I would watch their shit too....

One camera in the corner leaned up against a tire just isn't the same....

He can’t do AAA anymore, all I know of.
nope.

Winder Towing IS AAA approved for towing today.

AAA Winder Towing in Hurricane , UT

What Winder did to get into trouble with AAA was/is a very common thing. The problem became bigger when a jealous youtuber decided to try and get Winder into trouble. In the case, Matt/Winder pled no lo contendere... effectively, I plead neither innocent nor guilty, but accept the charges. Which they did, paid the fine and moved on with life. After a year or so, AAA selected them (one of the highest rated tow companies in the area) to provide services again.

The jealous youtuber is still out there making videos with a small audience. If most of us read the entirety of the charges we'd shrug and say, 'oh, that was the whole thing?"

nope.

Winder Towing IS AAA approved for towing today.

AAA Winder Towing in Hurricane , UT

What Winder did to get into trouble with AAA was/is a very common thing. The problem became bigger when a jealous youtuber decided to try and get Winder into trouble. In the case, Matt/Winder pled no lo contendere... effectively, I plead neither innocent nor guilty, but accept the charges. Which they did, paid the fine and moved on with life. After a year or so, AAA selected them (one of the highest rated tow companies in the area) to provide services again.

The jealous youtuber is still out there making videos with a small audience. If most of us read the entirety of the charges we'd shrug and say, 'oh, that was the whole thing?"
It’s not a common thing that he did.
My company is a aaa provider. We don’t fake tags to make more money. We have a shit ton more red tape and extra tips to go through while dispatching or trying to collect from aaa.

For those that like the quality of his videos, he has a production crew. When they were building the old man his quarters they showed the room

You don't have to have a crew, but you have to be good to attract the masses.
I say it all the time, If I had the balls I would buy a bunch of cameras and record my day job with some off color commentary and pay some one to make me videos. But I have no balls...

I say it all the time, If I had the balls I would buy a bunch of cameras and record my day job with some off color commentary and pay some one to make me videos. But I have no balls...

I've recently started watching tekamo's YouTube channel. Funny as shit heavy duty outfit in the lower mainland somewhere.

I've recently started watching tekamo's YouTube channel. Funny as shit heavy duty outfit in the lower mainland somewhere.
I've seen a bunch of their videos, I'd like to know the back story, is it a Fast Lane Truck style production company?

You're get out-competed by some random Mormon who can make wife #4 hold the camera for free and kids #7, 8 and 11 do the editing for free.

I get the feeling that lite brite edits their own videos. She always seems stressed out on her laptop. But maybe things have changed- I don't really watch their videos anymore because now it's like 80% blah blah blah I almost got body damage omg blah blah and 20% actual wheeling.
I wouldn't knows anything about the lite brite channel if it wasn't for MORR...

I don't think you have to get too crazy with the cameras anymore. 1 or 2 gopros on a stick, maybe your phone on a stick, and a couple of decent rode shotgun mics with wind shields. Then just have one, maybe two people follow you around with cameras. If you're out doors in pretty places or working on large scale things, maybe a drone and one of your crew has to be a drone operator. edit: oh and batteries. You need a shit ton of batteries and a couple mobile chargers for the gopros. They die fast.

The cameras and stuff are easy, the magic sauce is the content- you have it or your don't. The hardest part is actually making the effort to film, and stop and talk directly to the camera when you're trying to work. Guarantee that if you're filming for youtube, your work will take at least 2x longer to complete the task.

I was a film major in college, with an emphasis in non-linear editing(basically editing digital videos). We do some pretty rad and film-able stuff for fun, but I'm not willing to put in the amount of work you have to do to make sure you capture all the footage needed to stitch together a good narrative later with editing software. The focus would shift from having family fun or hanging out with my kids to worrying about how to get each and every shot that I needed for later. Sometimes it's better to have a regular job, make less money, and have more free time with the family without worrying about likes, subscribes, and views.

Last edited:
I wouldn't knows anything about the lite brite channel if it wasn't for MORR...
I actually started watching them early when I had my jeep torn apart and was jones-ing for legit wheeling content. Way back when, they were one of the few channels that were actually wheeling stuff that looked like fun. They beat the heck out of their new Rubicon, and would drive it to the trail and back. Every now and then they would also go hang out with their old drift friends and have some pretty rad floggings of drift cars too. Now they just talk at the camera and obsess about making their jeep way too fancy to actually have fun with it. It scratched the itch when I couldn't go wheeling.

I actually started watching them early when I had my jeep torn apart and was jones-ing for legit wheeling content. Way back when, they were one of the few channels that were actually wheeling stuff that looked like fun. They beat the heck out of their new Rubicon, and would drive it to the trail and back. Every now and then they would also go hang out with their old drift friends and have some pretty rad floggings of drift cars too. Now they just talk at the camera and obsess about making their jeep way too fancy to actually have fun with it. It scratched the itch when I couldn't go wheeling.
I get that.
The breast appeal turned me off, I promise not :rainbow: just seemed to gluttonous...

There is a CNC plasma channel Spicer Designs that I can't watch either because the DUDEs husband has such bad fake tits and goofy smile in every video
:stirthepot:

You want to see a one man show, watch Old Man's Garage. He films and edits all his own content and does a great job with it. Can't say I've ever watched a bad episode from him.
I've watched some of his vids, specifically carb stuff, definitely not bad stuff.

I'll take your word for it. :lmao:
Just saying
Also when going to look for this example I noticed in their videos over the last year the bikini is missing... So maybe they figured out it wasn't a net positive move.

1720541999351.png

Top Back Refresh