What's new

Matt's Off Road Recovery.

Low Buck Garage
Watch Wes Work
Are 2 others.

Diesel Creek is on the verge
WWW is what finally got me to start watching u-tube. Diesel Creek is someone I can stand to listen to. Several channels commentary is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Both of those two are damn good fixers, and WWW has enough electronics knowledge to really troubleshoot, although I expect that is for u-tube as you couldn’t make any money spending that amount of time for most repairs.

Publicly saying burnout trying to post weekly and not seeing growth.

I was thinking Portals or moving to SH initially also. Bronson was always easy to chat with when I'd run into them.

Thanks for the skinny. That's too bad. Not many people doing good buggy content on Youtube. Now that Logan from West Desert Wheeler got himself a portal car, I have hope for some good stuff from him. He had some cool videos of Jesse Haines, Kalif Redden, and a lot of the other big names in the buggy scene doing trail runs in Sand Hollow. Sand Hollow is cool, but he needs to branch out. I really liked Bronson's AZ footage.

WWW is what finally got me to start watching u-tube. Diesel Creek is someone I can stand to listen to. Several channels commentary is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Both of those two are damn good fixers, and WWW has enough electronics knowledge to really troubleshoot, although I expect that is for u-tube as you couldn’t make any money spending that amount of time for most repairs.
I still enjoy elderlyiron from time to time, One of the first channels i started watching back when davidsfarm was big.

This N That Garage is good too

I really enjoy Rory's videos. it's the Rory, Mike, and Shawn show. Occasionally Rory will go solo and take his daughter Lilly to hold the camera for him. The young kid Tyler does all of his editing though. Occasionally he is in the videos as well. I don't think I have ever heard Rory and crew cuss in their videos? Not sure if they are just like that IRL or if they do that to keep the YT overlords happy?
There have been a few bleeps, but very few.
Rory is the guy you want leading your group on the trail, I love when explains to the camera why he picked the line he did.

There have been a few bleeps, but very few.
Rory is the guy you want leading your group on the trail, I love when explains to the camera why he picked the line he did.
plus the dude can straight up drive.. :laughing:

Low Buck Garage
Watch Wes Work
Are 2 others.

Diesel Creek is on the verge
Ian Roussel of "Full Custom Garage" Now does youtube with his wife as camera operator, editor, from their home shop out in the desert...
Post Apocalyptic Inventor is a German guy who builds projects out of stuff he finds in scrap yards

With WWW the vehicle has generally been to a dealership and a couple of other independents before they find their way to him. He had video out talking about how videoing makes the job at least 4 times as long

Anyone watch Mortske repair? Pretty good mechanic. Craps all over people and their work. Not sure if he has a full time job or what but he has a ton of vehicles he works on.

Anyone watch Mortske repair? Pretty good mechanic. Craps all over people and their work. Not sure if he has a full time job or what but he has a ton of vehicles he works on.
WWW uses the "Mortske approved" for compression fittings on brakes. Figured he was a hack, but haven't ever watched him.

Yeah, Jake is who I was thinking of, not Colby. He is way too exited and always kissing Matt's ass.
All true, but my read of that situation is this---> the other people in that shop are all born to the world they are in. I suspect Jake wants in, but has nothing to offer except positive energy, can do, will do, always blowing sunshine in order to make his place there. I think he started in the video room (the bottom) and figured out how he could get skills, hustle, do the shit jobs with a smile, and make a place for himself. My guess is he will stay until he is like Trevor was... once he gets there, he'll probably try his own thing.

I remember hustling myself onto a framing crew as a young kid (for summer work) everyone was already 'part of it' and I was the interloper coming in. I had to hustle extra hard, be super nice and suck up, but I got there and I learned a ton and never regretted it. I also sense that Jake sees Matt as a role model and someone to emulate as he creates his life and I think he is genuinely grateful to have a spot. Nothing wrong with any of that in my book. But, yeah, it can be a hard watch to see someone having to scratch and claw.... I think he will do well and I prefer his vibe to the guy who works with Rudy on his projects... that guy is difficult for me to imagine working with.

Top Back Refresh