What's new

Is there a "hidden jem" place to live left in America?

13 pages and y’all still haven’t agreed on a utopian Lib free town surrounded by public land pro 2A 68 degrees year round killer place to live? Almost makes me think there’s nowhere good to go :homer:

I’ve tried HARD my whole adult life to get to stay somewhere I WANT to be. I’ve lived in Utah, Colorado, Wyomia, New Mexico, and travel often to other places. I hate New Mexico. Truly...hate...NM. It’s a hideous poorly run state, as most Democrat states are.

My must haves are mountains, recreation, and comfortable temperature first, with commerce making it so I can earn a living high up there as well. For anyone that needs a “city” that isn’t a giant liberal metropolis you might look into Grand Junction Colorado. Of all the places I’ve lived it’s been my favorite.

150,000 population for the entire area. It’s 4 to 5 hours drive to the huge city’s leaving GJ a red county in the middle of nowhere so it’s pretty well left alone. 30 minutes to cool cold mountains lakes camping and fishing. 4 wheeling absolutely everywhere and has some of the coolest trails in US all within 2 hours in any direction. Huge recreational culture of all outdoor kinds. Moab and Montrose are an hour away. Homes are relatively cheap compared to other places I’ve tried to live. While pot is legal in all of Colorado Mesa county is an oasis that pot stores are not allowed. There is 1 pot shop in Palisade and it’s under stricter rules than all the other ones outside Mesa county. It might not sound like a big deal but legalized weed really did bring an influx of the nations worst pieces of shit liberal hippies. GJ has for the most part been spared from the trash that plagued the rest of the state. Weather is pretty sweet and pretty stable. Highs can get up above 100 but it’s not bad, swamp coolers work fantastically there. Lows can get below zero but GJ hasn’t been below zero at all the last few years.

The bad: Colorado is a huge almost entirely red state held hostage by the Democrats in a few counties. The mountain biker fags are constantly at war against all motorized recreation. GJ is small enough and far enough away from all other cities that big name bands/comedians don’t often come there, or if they do it’s in the middle of the week. So there isn’t even a huge nice Venue for concerts and stuff. The oilfield comes and goes causing a boom bust cycle that GJ is currently in the bust cycle of. This causes real estate to rise and fall largely and rapidly.

Grand Junction definitely is close to some of the most killer trails! It seems like an oasis in the desert. I seriously wouldn’t mind living there.

The other one is "I dont like southern accents",

I too, HATE southern accents.

I know I have a drawl, and I'm a fish out of water up north, but some folks just have a twang that's unbearable. East Texas is probably the worst.

Grand Junction definitely is close to some of the most killer trails! It seems like an oasis in the desert. I seriously wouldn’t mind living there.

2nd. Im not a winter person at all, but truth is snow/sun/dry air is so much more tolerable than warmer/wet winters. The place is definitely on my top 5 list

You should hear me when I get spooled up. I completely delete R's from my vocabulary. :laughing:

Hows your momanem?

GoodDetailedCooter-small.gif

I too, HATE southern accents.

I know I have a drawl, and I'm a fish out of water up north, but some folks just have a twang that's unbearable. East Texas is probably the worst.

I used to not be a fan as well, then I started working with people from New Jersey and New York and they are far more annoying and I cant understand wtf they are saying most of the time.

It is funny when i go wheeling in the hills of TN and they make fun of the way I talk and keep telling me to slow the hell down.

2nd. Im not a winter person at all, but truth is snow/sun/dry air is so much more tolerable than warmer/wet winters. The place is definitely on my top 5 list

Not that I’m trying to talk anyone into moving there but winters are super mild. Moving north from south can be a tough transition the first year or two but GJ doesn’t get feet of snow like most of the rest of the state. Once every ten years it’ll be a bad winter. The other 9 are usually warm during the day. Below freezing but not below zero at night. We wheel year round In Moab and in the valley around GJ, where you can only access the mountains on snowmobile 1/2 the year. Our family tradition has been our first camping wheeling trip of the year we go to Moab in February. For 25 years we’ve always had better weather in Feb than at EJS in April.

If I could pack all my shit and move to a different state today, I'd head to Arkansas.

The fuck did we do to piss you off? God damn texans. Every fucking college kid up here has texas tags on their car. We do not need Californians here. We have enough trouble with the fucking northeastern shitbags working for the Waltons trying to turn us into Boston or NYC.

:laughing:

Stay away from anything even remotely close to a confederate state. "OMG they have to run AC at night..." :laughing: Mother fucker you will die here. People die in the night with AC that went out and are found the next day a puddle of purple goo.

If you think running AC at night is even remotely strange you need to stay west and/or stay north. I could cut the AC off when we all go to bed at night and Jim Jones my entire family. :laughing:

Aint that the truth. (notice that's a period and not a question mark.) I lived in Panama for a while and it's similar to AR right now. Follow my truck too close right now and you will be running your wipers when it's not raining because the condensation from my AC is a damn stream.

Not that I’m trying to talk anyone into moving there but winters are super mild. Moving north from south can be a tough transition the first year or two but GJ doesn’t get feet of snow like most of the rest of the state. Once every ten years it’ll be a bad winter. The other 9 are usually warm during the day. Below freezing but not below zero at night. We wheel year round In Moab and in the valley around GJ, where you can only access the mountains on snowmobile 1/2 the year. Our family tradition has been our first camping wheeling trip of the year we go to Moab in February. For 25 years we’ve always had better weather in Feb than at EJS in April.

The tradeoff for mild winters is blazing fookin hot summers. It has been ~100 there for weeks now. My son lives over that way and haaates the summers. I will say proximity to Moab is a plus.

I like my side of the mountains mo betterer.

The fuck did we do to piss you off? God damn texans. Every fucking college kid up here has texas tags on their car. We do not need Californians here. We have enough trouble with the fucking northeastern shitbags working for the Waltons trying to turn us into Boston or NYC.

Did i mention im originally from RI? :flipoff2:

The tradeoff for mild winters is blazing fookin hot summers. It has been ~100 there for weeks now. My son lives over that way and haaates the summers. I will say proximity to Moab is a plus.

I like my side of the mountains mo betterer.

Dry 100... oh boo hoo the horror. :flipoff2:

The fuck did we do to piss you off? God damn texans. Every fucking college kid up here has texas tags on their car.

That's just the rejects who couldnt get into TX schools.

Raise the standards above cousin fucker with an IQ of 40 and you might weed out the trash. But then nobody from AR could attend.

Action Fabulous moved there, that should be enough proof.

:flipoff2:

I'm not looking forward to the drive home in a shitbox with no A/C

I was planning on a motorcycle ride for a few days. Starting to rethink it. Weather looks like it'll be coming down a little though. Anything above 80 sucks in full gear.

That's just the rejects who couldnt get into TX schools.

Raise the standards above cousin fucker with an IQ of 40 and you might weed out the trash. But then nobody from AR could attend.

Action Fabulous moved there, that should be enough proof.

:flipoff2:

I was under the impression he was born here. Those rejects went to TX schools right? I do appreciate you pointing out how stupid everyone is though and no real reason to deal with our humidity. Interesting to note New Jersey and Rhode Island don't consider incest a crime. All other states do. Floriduh has the highest number of reports according to reports.

I was under the impression he was born here. Those rejects went to TX schools right? I do appreciate you pointing out how stupid everyone is though and no real reason to deal with our humidity. Interesting to note New Jersey and Rhode Island don't consider incest a crime. All other states do. Floriduh has the highest number of reports according to reports.

Absolutely, Texas is a horrible place. Terrible infrastructure, schools, high Taxes, insufferable weather, the list goes on. It's just miserable there.

I'm not surprised a resident of AR is up to date on incest laws and stats though.

I was planning on a motorcycle ride for a few days. Starting to rethink it. Weather looks like it'll be coming down a little though. Anything above 80 sucks in full gear.

I'm your eastern neighbor. I might actually have to start the truck and AC before I get ready to leave work today.

Oh, and northern New England is full :flipoff2:

And which states would you consider northern new england ?

Maine, Neah Hampshire etc ?

I'm your eastern neighbor. I might actually have to start the truck and AC before I get ready to leave work today.

Oh, and northern New England is full :flipoff2:

Here the forecast for where I'm working :laughing:
Screenshot_20200811-134754.png
​​​​​​
The other site is surrounded by rice fields, so maybe that similar to the south? Is 28% humidity high? :laughing::flipoff2:

For real though, I have no idea, what is normal humidity in the south?

Here the forecast for where I'm working :laughing: ​​​​​​
The other site is surrounded by rice fields, so maybe that similar to the south? Is 28% humidity high? :laughing::flipoff2:

For real though, I have no idea, what is normal humidity in the south?

With 32% humidity
Screenshot_20200811-160114_Chrome.jpg

Top Back Refresh