What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

Wife was talking to a gf that wheels. They have SXS and the friend asked the wife what was going on at SMORR. Said there was hardly anyone there over the 4th weekend. Wife told her it's gotten so expensive that we have had to cut down on how often we go. it's $35 for driver and buggy plus another $15 per passenger over 13 now just for wheeling fees.

a 4 day weekend with 3 nights of camping and 3 days wheeling is easily over $300 just in fees and that's just the electric only sites.. with fuel and food you are looking at $5-600 for a weekend if you don't break anything!

Wheeling is the next wave of snowmobiling… lost is the time of leaving from the driveway and hitting trails…. That’s actually now illegal in the town I grew up in.

Wife was talking to a gf that wheels. They have SXS and the friend asked the wife what was going on at SMORR. Said there was hardly anyone there over the 4th weekend. Wife told her it's gotten so expensive that we have had to cut down on how often we go. it's $35 for driver and buggy plus another $15 per passenger over 13 now just for wheeling fees.

a 4 day weekend with 3 nights of camping and 3 days wheeling is easily over $300 just in fees and that's just the electric only sites.. with fuel and food you are looking at $5-600 for a weekend if you don't break anything!

LOL, That's half the reason I don't go to Raucsh or The Cove anymore. To get in the Gate at the cove with a family of 4, It's $150-250 for camping (depending on which person you get at the office). Then $105 for the event!!! Insurance is going to kill the sport eventually.

Reactions: DMG
To get in the Gate at the cove with a family of 4, It's $150-250 for camping (depending on which person you get at the office).
Cove was always crazy for us, prearranged pricing and always changing pricing minute to minute, cant remember which one to avoid.

is big dogs still going on there?

Rousch has gotten out of hand with pricing .

Cove was always crazy for us, prearranged pricing and always changing pricing minute to minute, cant remember which one to avoid.

is big dogs still going on there?

Rousch has gotten out of hand with pricing .

If you call ahead you normally get better prices.
John passed away and they sold Big Dogs to a "Family Event". I haven't been back. You are required to go with a guide and group of other people, no free trail riding. No night wheeling PERIOD. 5:00pm on Fridays. They now have a "best in show" on sat. :flipoff:

Rausch has always been bad with pricing. The day trip cost isn't bad, but the Year membership always throws it up as expensive.

What is Rausch up to now? I really enjoyed my July trips up there every year, but I do recall the membership and trail fees being relatively expensive, at the time (trail fee wasn't too bad, the membership thing added a decent amount to it). I did like those trails a lot, though.

What is Rausch up to now? I really enjoyed my July trips up there every year, but I do recall the membership and trail fees being relatively expensive, at the time (trail fee wasn't too bad, the membership thing added a decent amount to it). I did like those trails a lot, though.
I can't recall. I haven't paid for it in a while.

We go up and run Xrocks and the Club comp in the club.

Had to look it up, out of curiosity:

Untitled.jpg

That's unnecessarily convoluted. :laughing:

It is, but it's something to do with land use and the park is separate from the land. If they had some kind of bath house for that price, I wouldn't complain about it. Most of us go to Twin grove and that just adds to the expense.

Idiotic. Charge a daily rate and be done with it. Anyplace that makes me buy a membership is going to be at the bottom of my list of places to visit.

I won't even pay for Sams club.
I wonder if something like Colorado's ski pass could work for parks...

I wonder if something like Colorado's ski pass could work for parks...
My issue is most people have to travel long distances to wheel and may not go more than once a year to a park. Offer memberships for repeat customers but don't make me buy in to something I may not be able to use before my membership expires and I have to buy in again.

I wonder how accurate this is.
That aligns with everything I know but Wyoming seems a little sus. :laughing:
And Hawaii??

I don't think you understand how fucked up and day to day cash poor most people in tourism economies are. Sure your house is valued at a bajillion bucks but you get fucked on everything at every turn so you have no disposable income.

Second, nobody rich "lives" in shitholes like that. They have vacation houses there so they and their money get counted elsewhere where they actually have residence. This leaves only the poors to count in the stats.

I wonder how accurate this is.

And Hawaii??

v5uch4pfs5hd1.png

That just goes to show the massive difference in those with fuck you money versus those of us that work in this state (CT).

There's a lot of fuck you money here. Not all in Greenwich. Not by a long shot.

We're down to a single income family, just me, right now. It's TIGHT and I make great money for this area. And yet, every restaurant, every store has a packed out parking lot every night. How do people do this? Is it all credit cards, .gov assistance, what? We don't put anything on credit and don't reach for the .gov tit. We have one car payment and the house is paid off and it's still tight as hell to live. Shit, we pay something ridiculous like $1200 a month on just groceries and we aren't eating steak and shrimp anymore. I just don't see how people are doing it.

Start shopping at aldis. No name brand stuff only the essentials but way cheaper than a normal store. Buy yourself a half or a whole cow every year and be done. We can feed my family of 4 for $120 a week pretty easy

We go to a normal grocery store maybe once a month to get the misc stuff that’s not found at aldis

We're down to a single income family, just me, right now. It's TIGHT and I make great money for this area. And yet, every restaurant, every store has a packed out parking lot every night. How do people do this? Is it all credit cards, .gov assistance, what? We don't put anything on credit and don't reach for the .gov tit. We have one car payment and the house is paid off and it's still tight as hell to live. Shit, we pay something ridiculous like $1200 a month on just groceries and we aren't eating steak and shrimp anymore. I just don't see how people are doing it.
Same here.

I think people racking up debt, and selling their toys, marketplace is flooded as opposed to two yrs ago.
We about 800-1000 a month in groceries give or take, and we buy our chicken and beef from farmer across the street. 4 of us, one hungry 10 yr old, my wife and I eat a high protein diet and that has gotten really expensive.

My wife plans ahead and shops 4 diff grocery stores depending on sales and what she is buying, we have an ingles in town 15 mins away, walmart 20. The rest are 45 mins away and she will time it to where she makes the trip worth while.

She is a discount hunter like 486 mentioned, really good at buying discounted shit, from school supplies to birthday gifts or whatever.

Shit has gotten very expensive.

I dont care what the .gov says consumer shit has gone up 70% plus in the last 4 yrs

Same here.

I think people racking up debt, and selling their toys, marketplace is flooded as opposed to two yrs ago.
We about 800-1000 a month in groceries give or take, and we buy our chicken and beef from farmer across the street. 4 of us, one hungry 10 yr old, my wife and I eat a high protein diet and that has gotten really expensive.

My wife plans ahead and shops 4 diff grocery stores depending on sales and what she is buying, we have an ingles in town 15 mins away, walmart 20. The rest are 45 mins away and she will time it to where she makes the trip worth while.

She is a discount hunter like 486 mentioned, really good at buying discounted shit, from school supplies to birthday gifts or whatever.

Shit has gotten very expensive.

I dont care what the .gov says consumer shit has gone up 70% plus in the last 4 yrs
Its really putting a hurting on those making less than like 150k HHI. But not so much those making more. Yeah the 250k/yr house got more expensive bills.... But they just don't matter that much percentage wise and are easily covered.

Why do you see everyplace slammed busy?
Airlines packed with vacationers?
Millions of high income earners spending it (and lots of debt):flipoff2:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh