What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

Around 2000 I could get a full meal for about $3. We were broke, Taco Bell was a luxury.
1994, I worked at a Radio Shack in a strip mall... taco bell on the other side of the parking lot. I would walk over there with $5 and come back with full meals (eat until you're over-full) for 3 people.

ohc=vXP0zLQqlcwQ7kNvgGVD31g&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

No doubt prices are high, and higher than 2019, but I'm seeing lots of "roll backs" at Walmart and home depot

A 2x4 8' is like 3.68 or so

McDonald's and burger King are bringing back value meals

Consumers have slowed their roll, businesses have noticed

Only had to work 15 minutes at minimum wage for a famous sneezers hamburger.

$1.00 an hour being the googled wage.

Sometimes I pay $7 for a breakfast sandwich at the gas station. Roll, hashbrown, egg, cheese, bacon and brisket.

Usually have to drive to the furthest one out to get it :homer:

No doubt prices are high, and higher than 2019, but I'm seeing lots of "roll backs" at Walmart and home depot

People should pull back even more.

Lots of folks have learned it costs less, and it is just quicker to make better food at home.

Wife and I ate at Culvers yesterday.
1 burger
1 double cheeseburger
1 fry to split
2 shakes
$25
That's actually not bad.

We only eat away from home maybe once a week, and rarely fast food... stopped in Wendy's a few weeks ago because we were in a hurry. 2 kids meals, 2 adult meals, no add ons or shakes or desert shit- just under $50.

:shaking:

Wife and I ate at Culvers yesterday.
1 burger
1 double cheeseburger
1 fry to split
2 shakes
$25

Have you tried the 6.50 value meal? 2 chicken strips, small fry, small soda and an ice cream?

It's on the kids menu:laughing:

Guilty as fuck.

There's one by home depot, so if my home lunch is wearing off at 3 I'll scoop one up:flipoff2:

Subway and Burger King both have some advertising firm sending coupons in the mail about once a month around here. I just stick them on the fridge. The prices are actually pretty good if you use the coupons. Other than that there's zero reason to go to a fast food chain when pretty much every grocery store has a hot food counter by the deli where you can get chicken tenders or whatever.

Reactions: DMG
That's actually not bad.

We only eat away from home maybe once a week, and rarely fast food... stopped in Wendy's a few weeks ago because we were in a hurry. 2 kids meals, 2 adult meals, no add ons or shakes or desert shit- just under $50.

:shaking:
My wife and I did the similar few weeks back at MCD's in a hurry.
With a shared combo meal and one additional entree between her & I, one kids meal and another adult meal for son.
Was almost $45:flipoff:

We have essentially stopped eating out other than occasional fast food, the food and service has gotten so bad its just not worth the frustration or $.

I think part of this ridiculous fast food prices are the result of the people who never really looked at prices because "it's cheap" going in and ordering random shit and getting surprised.

Prices of combo meals is all over the fucking place. Some shit has barely moved in a couple years but they'll introduce a basically the same thing for $5 more. If you're just picking what looks good without looking at the price you're gonna get the fucking you deserve.

The people who historically stuck to the value menu or looked at prices and picked a high value per dollar combo meal, eschewed the overpriced shit, etc, etc, are probably still eating for under $15 per person per meal because they're avoiding all that shit.

Unable to load Chit Chat page. Will not load from main iRate page.

I get this, every time. "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."

Since yesterday about 5 pm. I can access from top tool bar any threads that link to my posts but cannot get to Chit Chat home page. Windows 11 laptop. No problem whatsoever on iPhone. Any suggestions welcomed. :flipoff2:

I think part of this ridiculous fast food prices are the result of the people who never really looked at prices because "it's cheap" going in and ordering random shit and getting surprised.

Prices of combo meals is all over the fucking place. Some shit has barely moved in a couple years but they'll introduce a basically the same thing for $5 more. If you're just picking what looks good without looking at the price you're gonna get the fucking you deserve.

The people who historically stuck to the value menu or looked at prices and picked a high value per dollar combo meal, eschewed the overpriced shit, etc, etc, are probably still eating for under $15 per person per meal because they're avoiding all that shit.
I try not to eat fast food. Maybe 6-10 times a year?

Although (and I have no idea why) I sometimes get a craving for the big Arby's monster size roast beef made of sliced paste.

Let's HOPE this is a start of some sustained price deflation. We know the feds and wall street will shit their pants because they both love them some inflation and have somehow duped the masses into thinking that's good for the consumer. I woke for a major retailer who is slashing a shit load of prices on stuff and wall street was giving them flak for it, hopefully this starts a bit of a trend.

Let's HOPE this is a start of some sustained price deflation. We know the feds and wall street will shit their pants because they both love them some inflation and have somehow duped the masses into thinking that's good for the consumer. I woke for a major retailer who is slashing a shit load of prices on stuff and wall street was giving them flak for it, hopefully this starts a bit of a trend.
I think the media and fed will do anything and everything they can to prevent deflation...

Just FYI tire prices aren't going anywhere. You'll still pay $700 for a new set of May-Pops on your kids Altima, and I'll still make exactly what I made in 2004 to build them. Don't like it, don't buy 'em.

:flipoff2:
No shit. Just priced out a set of 26.5-25 tires for a loader. Mind you this is a small loader. The tire guy had the deal of the year for me. $5200 a tire. $21000 for a set:mad3:. They are normally $7500 a tire for this one. Stick 20k in tires for a 30k loader:homer:.

Problem is used ones are impossible to find let alone a set.

So where's the difference going? The MBA's pockets?

You're wanting to use old racist math. You have to use post-modern black belt math.

If you take $20 from me, I have to take $34 from the guy next to me just to break even. What do you mean "where does that $14 go?"? You're talking crazy. Meet me at the airport in 30mins, we'll grab some lunch in Vegas. I'll explain on the way.

You're wanting to use old racist math. You have to use post-modern black belt math.

If you take $20 from me, I have to take $34 from the guy next to me just to break even. What do you mean "where does that $14 go?"? You're talking crazy. Meet me at the airport in 30mins, we'll grab some lunch in Vegas. I'll explain on the way.
If she bucks, Say " I don't give a Fuck about you"

Top Back Refresh