What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

Just FYI tire prices aren't going anywhere. You'll still pay $700 for a new set of May-Pops on your kids Altima, and I'll still make exactly what I made in 2004 to build them. Don't like it, don't buy 'em.

:flipoff2:

Has your area trucked in illegals? Most trades have jumped up 50-100% since lockdowns. At some point you just need to tell them to get fucked and go work at Wendy's, you'll get free lunch, and if everybody is going to act like 19yo girls, you might as well work with 19yo girls:laughing:

Just for fun invite a union in to talk their book, management will probably give you guys 15% raises and monthly pizza parties just so you stfu:laughing:

Has your area trucked in illegals? Most trades have jumped up 50-100% since lockdowns. At some point you just need to tell them to get fucked and go work at Wendy's, you'll get free lunch, and if everybody is going to act like 19yo girls, you might as well work with 19yo girls:laughing:

Just for fun invite a union in to talk their book, management will probably give you guys 15% raises and monthly pizza parties just so you stfu:laughing:
We are union... that's a long story.

:laughing:

We are union... that's a long story.

Jfc

They failed

Mine did too, no raises for 10 years, we went on strike in 19. Guys realized that their wives had worked their way up, and their wages had stagnated, childcare costs were up, a decent amount of guys stepped up with childcare and did sidework inbetween and did pretty decent.

Jfc

They failed

Mine did too, no raises for 10 years, we went on strike in 19. Guys realized that their wives had worked their way up, and their wages had stagnated, childcare costs were up, a decent amount of guys stepped up with childcare and did sidework inbetween and did pretty decent.
We're 95% republican, I'm the "libtard" in the plant because I lean libertarian. I've known our union president since I was a kid and he's hard R Reagan republican. Company guys hang out at the union hall (which is in the plant parking lot) Union president took up donations in 2020 to get a Trump billboard and we all pitched in (union and company guys) and got it right over the union hall next to the plant.

It's not at all "union" while being union. Southern people are addicted to tradition and the hall is still there because boomers need a place to go drink beer and seem like they're doing something so the wife won't bitch. It's fake. If it were a real union I doubt I'd work there.

Piece rate production jobs keep alot of the traditional union fuckery at bay.

We're 95% republican, I'm the "libtard" in the plant because I lean libertarian. I've known our union president since I was a kid and he's hard R Reagan republican. Company guys hang out at the union hall (which is in the plant parking lot) Union president took up donations in 2020 to get a Trump billboard and we all pitched in (union and company guys) and got it right over the union hall next to the plant.

It's not at all "union" while being union. Southern people are addicted to tradition and the hall is still there because boomers need a place to go drink beer and seem like they're doing something so the wife won't bitch. It's fake. If it were a real union I doubt I'd work there.

Piece rate production jobs keep alot of the traditional union fuckery at bay.
I get it, though mine was backwards, they were all democrats looking for a golden ticket, I was the "republican" they couldn't kick out, but could look at local pay scales, plant turnover, plant job openings and see that unskilled labor was doing pretty well for themselves and the company would probably make some concessions on skilled trades wages.

I made this case amongst the unions at big table negotiations and they were a bunch of commie fucks wanting all the brothers to get a raise, every man deserves $ 30hr

Then they go discussing how to word the justification for moving a $14 laborer to $30. Guy says "hmm, how do we justify doubling this guys salary? "

Me
"He graduates medical school! "

Everybody laughs, except me, and they go back to their 30hr for all plan :homer:

No deal was reached, the union was retarded, but the company also wanted to force a strike, they got their wish, everybody lost:laughing:

I get it, though mine was backwards, they were all democrats looking for a golden ticket, I was the "republican" they couldn't kick out, but could look at local pay scales, plant turnover, plant job openings and see that unskilled labor was doing pretty well for themselves and the company would probably make some concessions on skilled trades wages.

I made this case amongst the unions at big table negotiations and they were a bunch of commie fucks wanting all the brothers to get a raise, every man deserves $ 30hr

Then they go discussing how to word the justification for moving a $14 laborer to $30. Guy says "hmm, how do we justify doubling this guys salary? "

Me
"He graduates medical school! "

Everybody laughs, except me, and they go back to their 30hr for all plan :homer:

No deal was reached, the union was retarded, but the company also wanted to force a strike, they got their wish, everybody lost:laughing:
Yea, we're nothing like that. Our utility pay right now is 15.54, in 2004 it was 15.54

"Listen yall we can't do anything about this or they'll shut the plant down"

Right down the road Tractor Supply is starting @ $18

No doubt prices are high, and higher than 2019, but I'm seeing lots of "roll backs" at Walmart
That's a marketing ploy, not actual savings.

2 months ago, I could get fish steaks in Louisiana hot sauce for 50 cents a can. Last month, it was raised to 99 cents per can.

I went in today and saw the rollback tag around its price at 98 cents per can

Because it is one cent cheaper than 99 cents, it is technically a rollback. In reality, it is 48 cents more than I was paying 2 months ago.

Screenshot_20240530-183325.png

These were $0.50 2 months ago.

I think the media and fed will do anything and everything they can to prevent deflation...
and why wouldn't they, it's the excuse they spent so much effort building in the minds of the populace
to counterfeit more money out of our pockets

and he's hard R Reagan republican.
the thing about reagan is that during his years the neocons took over the party the rest of the way from the old conservatives

Got rid of the distrust of the state, got rid of the non-interventionism, got rid of the conservative fiscal policy, got rid of the...

Yea, we're nothing like that. Our utility pay right now is 15.54, in 2004 it was 15.54

"Listen yall we can't do anything about this or they'll shut the plant down"

Right down the road Tractor Supply is starting @ $18

Paul kicked me off his Facebook because i would call him out on the DNC bull shit.

This is inflation related. The cost of machines has gone up dramatically, as well as all the fringe costs to go ride like food, gas, hotel/rental costs, etc.

BRP slashes production as cooler Ski-Doo demand drives down revenue

BRP Inc. said it will further cut production this year after sagging demand for Ski-Doos pushed the powersport company to its first quarterly loss since 2017.

Chief executive José Boisjoli said "unfavourable" conditions last season — the warmest winter on record in Canada and the United States — hurt retail sales, with unsold Ski-Doos accounting for nearly half of the buildup in overall stock at its dealers.

"Our dealers are very cautious with respect to inventory as uncertain economic conditions and high interest rates are impacting them more than anticipated," Boisjoli said on a conference call with investors on Friday.

"Obviously these one-time headwinds are certainly impacting our financials this year," he said, highlighting steep discounts at competitors as well as high interest rates — new snowmobiles cost between $8,500 and $22,000, making financing essential for most buyers.

The softer sales and price reductions at BRP resulted in a 16 per cent year-over-year revenue drop to $2.03 billion in the quarter ended April 30, marking a tough comedown from COVID-19 highs.

It also prompted BRP to slash production by 15 to 20 per cent for the coming year, versus earlier plans for 10 to 15 per cent.

The Sea-Doo maker announced a more modest financial forecast as well. It now projects full-year revenue of $8.6 billion to $8.9 billion compared with a previous prediction of $9.1 billion to $9.5 billion. The figures stand in contrast with record revenue of $10.37 billion last year, when production increased to meet the tail end of soaring pandemic demand for powersports products.

This year's production ramp-down will erase as much as $775 million from the company's projected income statement, the chief executive said. That total would amount to eight per cent of last year's revenue.

Revenue from seasonal products alone, which account for more than a quarter of sales, could fall by up to 28 per cent this year, more than the drop suffered last quarter thanks to its snowmobile segment.

Wife was talking to a gf that wheels. They have SXS and the friend asked the wife what was going on at SMORR. Said there was hardly anyone there over the 4th weekend. Wife told her it's gotten so expensive that we have had to cut down on how often we go. it's $35 for driver and buggy plus another $15 per passenger over 13 now just for wheeling fees.

a 4 day weekend with 3 nights of camping and 3 days wheeling is easily over $300 just in fees and that's just the electric only sites.. with fuel and food you are looking at $5-600 for a weekend if you don't break anything!

Top Back Refresh