What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

get your wife into the price shopping job if she ain't gonna be working
discount hunting is kinda a part time job
Yep, kinda the same thing. Either youre making money or youre spending it. She homeschools the kids, and right now she works weekends so we're good and putting back savings, but that's gonna dry up in a couple months. I work too much as it is, but I'm looking as starting up a side gig. It's just nuts out there.

Start shopping at aldis. No name brand stuff only the essentials but way cheaper than a normal store. Buy yourself a half or a whole cow every year and be done. We can feed my family of 4 for $120 a week pretty easy

We go to a normal grocery store maybe once a month to get the misc stuff that’s not found at aldis
X2 I'm generally only feeding myself and my girlfriend. I shop at Aldi and can walk out at about 75 100 bucks for a week. Protein and veg. If I try that at the normal stores around here I'm around 150. That said I also buy beef and pork loin at bjs and cut my chops and steaks at home. Then freeze it in 2 person portions.

Start shopping at aldis. No name brand stuff only the essentials but way cheaper than a normal store. Buy yourself a half or a whole cow every year and be done. We can feed my family of 4 for $120 a week pretty easy

We go to a normal grocery store maybe once a month to get the misc stuff that’s not found at aldis
I'm sad that their prices went up when they started accepting stupid credit cards

Almost time to go make a salesman cry himself to sleep at night with my stupid lowball offer.

1723715141354.png

I'm sad that their prices went up when they started accepting stupid credit cards
I just stopped at Aldi earlier here in AR.

On top of the mentioned higher prices one has to check himself out, all self checkout. Not a single cashier in sight.

Today at the grocery store checkout, the lady in front of me was borderline sobbing when her bill rang up to ~$189. I heard her say, "I cant take this shit much longer" to the cashier. The lady looked solidly middle class, no luxury brands about her. What I saw of her haul was mostly produce, meat, dairy from around the store perimeter. I don't know her situation obviously, but those 4 bags of groceries carried more emotional weight than the products themselves.

Today at the grocery store checkout, the lady in front of me was borderline sobbing when her bill rang up to ~$189. I heard her say, "I cant take this shit much longer" to the cashier. The lady looked solidly middle class, no luxury brands about her. What I saw of her haul was mostly produce, meat, dairy from around the store perimeter. I don't know her situation obviously, but those 4 bags of groceries carried more emotional weight than the products themselves.

I saw it all over the west this year traveling. Back home everyone hates life so much it’s just…it is what it is, I swear.

If by some miracle he wins and fires up that audit, a great deal of spending would end quickly. The amount of waste I see is sickening.
Nah, we're gonna bicker over his name being put on obamabux checks again, as if that's the thing to argue about rather than the checks being issued in the first place no matter what name is on the fucking things

Top Back Refresh