What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

I was driving home last ight and thinking about things and what I was considering was BASELINE BUDGETING

(Baseline budgeting is an accounting method the United States Federal Government uses to develop a budget for future years. Baseline budgeting uses current spending levels as the "baseline" for establishing future funding requirements and assumes future budgets will equal the current budget times the inflation rate times the population growth rate.)

So Instead of a true budget, you automatically get what you got last year, and with a few % tacked on for "inflation".

But the governemnt increases these budgets by about 7% annually.

I believe this is a KEY factor in the inflation problem and nobody seems to want to even address it.

Place an order for some stuff from Australia, received an inv for $227 aus paid it. My bank account shows a charge for 152. Didn’t bother checking exchange rate but was surprised.

I had a work lunch Thursday and was in charge of sodas. I was busy and didn’t wanna deal with the high traffic at the bigger grocery store. Stopped at the gas station down the road from work, grabbed a 12 pack of cokes, bag of ice, and a small bag of candies. $18!!!! :mad3: Looked down and the sodas were $9.99. :homer: Fawk. I couldn’t believe it. I made a comment to the girl and she said “you shoulda gone to Costco!” Bitch, you see a Costco around here? :lmao:

Fawk. :homer:

14 gallons of gas, 18 Coors Lights, downsized bag of chips, $95.

Place an order for some stuff from Australia, received an inv for $227 aus paid it. My bank account shows a charge for 152. Didn’t bother checking exchange rate but was surprised.
the fun thing about the us dollar being inflated away is that most currencies are us-dollar-backed
so they get fucked at "our" rate, then with their country's rate of inflation atop that

the fun thing about the us dollar being inflated away is that most currencies are us-dollar-backed
so they get fucked at "our" rate, then with their country's rate of inflation atop that
And at what point do they get tired of it? Like us? Like another country?

We are fucked.

lMm9V_NgvZVVRYYAw6j5BJFqZZ0&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.jpg

I stopped at Jimmy John's last night for a sandwich. #9 with added peppers (no upcharge), bag of bbq chips and a large coke was $13.20

I hadn't had one in awhile and it was good but fuck me. $13 for a cold cut sandwich?

Top Back Refresh