What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

That impala was a spaceship too, compared to a car 57 years older.

What is interesting is that Impala from 57 tears ago drives pretty much like a modern car. Step on the gas pedal to set the choke in the quadrajet and it's not much different than a fuel injected car. Power steering, power brakes, power windows and seats if you paid for them...

I shared this in the TP a few weeks ago and figured I'd put it here also. I bid a project last month for a chain store that we've done several buildings for over the years. I compared commodity prices on one we did in 2018 to current prices and everything was an 80-100% increase in cost.

That's interesting. They are building Family Dollar Tree's and Dollar Generals all over in this area.
same here.. the small town (2500 people) I live in has had a dollar General for years. Now they are building a Family Dollar/Dollar Tree combo right next door? WTF?:confused:

Depending on how things go, I think the worst is yet to come. I hope not, but I think it is.

same here.. the small town (2500 people) I live in has had a dollar General for years. Now they are building a Family Dollar/Dollar Tree combo right next door? WTF?:confused:
Well, the Dollar Tree made an announcement they were doing some price adjusting and would have a cap of $7 on "some" items.

Not long ago they raised everything from $1.00 to $1.25. Yeah, it just a quarter but its still 25%. I think they're looking to change their clientele. We'll see how that play out for them.

I shared this in the TP a few weeks ago and figured I'd put it here also. I bid a project last month for a chain store that we've done several buildings for over the years. I compared commodity prices on one we did in 2018 to current prices and everything was an 80-100% increase in cost.
but that simply cannot be, look at the official figure of 7%

GKct6ovXYAEuQ8C?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Well our property taxes just more than doubled...fucking crooks. 🤬

20240406_201357.jpg
20240406_201348.jpg

3 for $5 cheese from the bottom of the freezer from early 21. I'm not sure they still do the sales like that.

*Also dairy might be a bad example it's so subsidized

What is interesting is that Impala from 57 tears ago drives pretty much like a modern car. Step on the gas pedal to set the choke in the quadrajet and it's not much different than a fuel injected car. Power steering, power brakes, power windows and seats if you paid for them...

I kinda agree with this, we picked one up last summer, 283 powerglide, ac, power steering, power brakes, still getting it roadworthy, but from cruising around the back roads near me, it's surprisingly smooth:smokin:

I looked at a 10’ stick of grey 2” pvc conduit…. $26 bucks:homer:

IMG_8574.png

it was $40 a couple years ago
at the time I actually bought some at ace hardware because they hadn't updated their usually obscene $35 price

it was $40 a couple years ago
at the time I actually bought some at ace hardware because they hadn't updated their usually obscene $35 price
Bosch wipers were $5 yesterday at the local liquidation store.

RainX were $5 a decade ago at that same store. :laughing:

drive my 65 Lincoln. Zero road feel :lmao: It’s like your floating down the road in your couch
Yep. 50s to mid 70s (roughly) suspension design was smooth and cloud like. 80s cars were shit and automakers started selling road feel to justify crappy suspensions. That stuck around awhile. I think we are heading back to cloud like no road feel stuff.

Yep. 50s to mid 70s (roughly) suspension design was smooth and cloud like. 80s cars were shit and automakers started selling road feel to justify crappy suspensions. That stuck around awhile. I think we are heading back to cloud like no road feel stuff.
I think we already did and have left it again. Things like the late 2000s town cars and the older s class mercedes all had that 60s cloud feel. Everything Ive driven in the last ten years has been "sporty" or road feel type suspensions and every single shitty altima and camry has sport badges slapped on to justify it.

Homeowners insurance doubled from 2200ish to 4500ish.

That lifetime of voting for pedophile central bankers is really starting to pay off for the generation who’s retirement investments will go up six cents or so thanks to my generous contributions.

Homeowners insurance doubled from 2200ish to 4500ish.

Insurance companies are balkanizing. Some states, like Florida, are losing insurance companies at a pretty good clip, leaving one or two to monopolize, with substantial rate increases. I can see soon there may be places where you cannot get insurance at all and the govt will have to step in to "insure" the owners cause no one else will. Flood insurance is nearly all govt anymore. Course all the risk is backed by us the taxpayers.

Insurance companies are balkanizing. Some states, like Florida, are losing insurance companies at a pretty good clip, leaving one or two to monopolize, with substantial rate increases. I can see soon there may be places where you cannot get insurance at all and the govt will have to step in to "insure" the owners cause no one else will. Flood insurance is nearly all govt anymore. Course all the risk is backed by us the taxpayers.
Man, Id love to see property insurance price itself into extinction along with all of the businesses built to extort the end users.. Between that and Delete social security I could be doing alright.

Since 2019 construction costs for heavy civil projects have increased 54% in my state....:mad3:

Top Back Refresh