What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

$20 a day is sad. I didn’t travel much for work in a past job but when I did it was $65 per day for food back in 2012. The company was cheap when it came to employees so it puzzles me that after yalls reports that $65 was a lot.

Fuck that. 20$ a day for food? They can find someone new to travel for them. :flipoff:

I have traveled for work my whole career, I dont think I remember lower than 55$/day in the 20teens. Its got to be near impossible to eat healthily & interestingly for 20 / day on the road :barf:

Per day for meals. Yes, staying in company provided apartment. I think that's why they're doing it, they think I can cook my own meals for $20/day.
I went to Winco, bought as cheap as possible for myself for 3 days just yo see if I can do it. I eat only carnivore, so no top Ramen. $75 for meat (chuck steak), eggs, bacon, lunch meat, and cheese.

How much would you spend on food of you were at home for 3 days?

Pretty sure I witnessed 1000 stores built in the past year. Right across the street from dollar general.

Can't imagine why anyone would walk into one.
We call it the poormans Walmart
Other than fresh food you could eat pretty cheap

Can't imagine why anyone would walk into one.
Go to Dollar General for bread and dairy products. I don't go through enough of that shit to keep it fresh let alone for the cost different to add up to anything and DG is ~2min away vs 10+ for any grocery store.

I just love how the media gaslights people that inflation is down because it was say 7% last year and it's only 4% this year. Therefore, see! Inflation is DOWN. And these simpleton motherfucking masses actually believe it because they're too dense to comprehend that inflation is CUMULATIVE. Those sky ass high prices aren't coming down they're still going up, they're just going up slower than they were. This should not be such a difficult thing to comprehend but most folks just believe what they're told I guess even when their wallets are empty.

The other right out in the open gaslighting that goes on with inflation is the fact that the core inflation figure leaves out literally pretty much everything that you actually NEED like food and energy. Then because that isn't quite gaslighty enough we now have them starting to talk about non-housing inflation. Housing will likely eventually be removed from the CPI too.

How much would you spend on food of you were at home for 3 days?
That's really hard to calculate because we don't go buy a meal at a time. I'd guess in the $30-40 range.
This is my daily standard, with slight variations. Eggs, bacon or sausage, whole raw milk ,coffee, protein powder, lunch meat, cheese, cottage cheese, rib eye.

I don't live in a shitass town with a dollar-whatever :flipoff2:
We have a DG downtown, and a newer $ Tree by Aldi. I have never set foot in either of them.
That's really hard to calculate because we don't go buy a meal at a time. I'd guess in the $30-40 range.
This is my daily standard, with slight variations. Eggs, bacon or sausage, whole raw milk ,coffee, protein powder, lunch meat, cheese, cottage cheese, rib eye.
:eek:

Holy crap!

I eat salmon for breakfast almost every day, along with 2 mandarin oranges. Salmon is about $13/lb, and the oranges are $6 for a 5-lb bag. That's $3.25 in fish and $0.50 in oranges, and that's my most expensive meal of the day. Lunch is usually leftovers. Dinner? and example would be swai fillet, patted in salt and pepper and pan-seared in lemon-garlic-ginger-honey, served with mashed potatoes. Glazed with remains of the l-g-g-h from earlier, with 1/2 diced red pepper and some capers tossed in. I also glaze the taters (or rice, if we choose that route) Cost? $4 in fish, $1.50 in taters, $1 for the portions of everything else, and the family is eating for $6.50, with the leftovers feeding me lunch the next day.

So $5.92 feeds me for a day. My wife and kid cost less, as the kid will eat cereal in milk or dino nuggets above everything else, and my wife eats like a bird. Either way, the entire family is eating for around $15/day. I have argued this point for years, that people overspend on BS at the grocery store which gives them the impression that they cannot survive on little money. I learned how to do this as a kid in a large household, and I continued through the years I was underpaid in the military. Now its just a habit... I can eat really expensive stuff from time to time, but the standard day's meals are really cheap while still being healthy.

Wait... you actually clean your oilpan beyond a quick wipe? :confused: Why? You will just put oil in again next time.

I guess we're off on a tangent:laughing:

I don't have a fully enclosed shop, wind blows the dust in, so I don't like oily shit around to collect it.

This is the inflation thread, shit gets expensive, sometimes I drain fluid to work on something and pour the fluid back in. Partially money, but often it's because we're 100 years into this and there's probably 6 different colors of anti freeze in my fleet. Good knows how many types of oils, I can't run to town constantly for $30 worth of shit while I'm trying to get something fixed.

Sometimes you're doing exploratory surgery and you need to see what kind of debris is in the fluid, need a clean pan.

I'll dump old coolant on the weeds, but not oil, needs a clean pan to drain it.

Maybe I'm an outlier :laughing:

Reactions: Jag
I eat salmon for breakfast almost every day, along with 2 mandarin oranges. Salmon is about $13/lb, and the oranges are $6 for a 5-lb bag. That's $3.25 in fish and $0.50 in oranges, and that's my most expensive meal of the day. Lunch is usually leftovers. Dinner? and example would be swai fillet, patted in salt and pepper and pan-seared in lemon-garlic-ginger-honey, served with mashed potatoes. Glazed with remains of the l-g-g-h from earlier, with 1/2 diced red pepper and some capers tossed in. I also glaze the taters (or rice, if we choose that route)

Calm down, Randy. :laughing:

typical salary required nationwide for homeownership up to $106,500 – a stunning 61% increase from the $59,000 required just four years ago, according to Zillow.

typical salary required nationwide for homeownership up to $106,500 – a stunning 61% increase from the $59,000 required just four years ago, according to Zillow.

But they've been spiking the football that just recently wage growth is outpacing inflation??? The simpletons just don't realize that wage growth would have to run laps around inflation for years just to undo the COVID fucking, much less the decades now that the average American has been falling behind.

I guess we're off on a tangent:laughing:

I don't have a fully enclosed shop, wind blows the dust in, so I don't like oily shit around to collect it.

This is the inflation thread, shit gets expensive, sometimes I drain fluid to work on something and pour the fluid back in. Partially money, but often it's because we're 100 years into this and there's probably 6 different colors of anti freeze in my fleet. Good knows how many types of oils, I can't run to town constantly for $30 worth of shit while I'm trying to get something fixed.

Sometimes you're doing exploratory surgery and you need to see what kind of debris is in the fluid, need a clean pan.

I'll dump old coolant on the weeds, but not oil, needs a clean pan to drain it.

Maybe I'm an outlier :laughing:
That would make two of us then. I clean my oil pan with brake kleen too and for the same reasons except for the shop. I also like it clean because I keep my oil filter wrench and other oil change related tools in it.

We have a DG downtown, and a newer $ Tree by Aldi. I have never set foot in either of them.

:eek:

Holy crap!

I eat salmon for breakfast almost every day, along with 2 mandarin oranges. Salmon is about $13/lb, and the oranges are $6 for a 5-lb bag. That's $3.25 in fish and $0.50 in oranges, and that's my most expensive meal of the day. Lunch is usually leftovers. Dinner? and example would be swai fillet, patted in salt and pepper and pan-seared in lemon-garlic-ginger-honey, served with mashed potatoes. Glazed with remains of the l-g-g-h from earlier, with 1/2 diced red pepper and some capers tossed in. I also glaze the taters (or rice, if we choose that route) Cost? $4 in fish, $1.50 in taters, $1 for the portions of everything else, and the family is eating for $6.50, with the leftovers feeding me lunch the next day.

So $5.92 feeds me for a day. My wife and kid cost less, as the kid will eat cereal in milk or dino nuggets above everything else, and my wife eats like a bird. Either way, the entire family is eating for around $15/day. I have argued this point for years, that people overspend on BS at the grocery store which gives them the impression that they cannot survive on little money. I learned how to do this as a kid in a large household, and I continued through the years I was underpaid in the military. Now its just a habit... I can eat really expensive stuff from time to time, but the standard day's meals are really cheap while still being healthy.
The amount of calories you consume in a day is my breakfast.

4oz of salmon and 2 oranges (your most expensive meal of the day) would be just enough to get me in the mood to go grill some salmon because now after eating the 2 bites of salmon and peeling the oranges I'm hungry.

The amount of calories you consume in a day is my breakfast.

4oz of salmon and 2 oranges (your most expensive meal of the day) would be just enough to get me in the mood to go grill some salmon because now after eating the 2 bites of salmon and peeling the oranges I'm hungry.
I am also trying to cut down from 245 to 225 or so, albeit unsuccessfully. All my time in the gym is counterproductive for weight loss, as I have been bulking significantly while simultaneously trimming the fat, so the weight loss hasn't happened.:homer:

Top Back Refresh