What's new

Ford Bronco Release date set

how is the road noise with the soft top? Anyone able to compare it to the hardtop noise?

It is very quiet in comparison the the soft top JK I was driving before I got my Bronco.

My wife thinks hers is a little quieter than her Ford Escape she had been driving. I always thought that thing had way too much road noise for a car.

For everyone who bitches about the fender flares :flipoff2:
20211216_145804.jpg

On the base model with the little 30" tires we were getting 21mpg reliably.
BUT it looked downright silly on those little tires. We installed a set of 33" Milestar XTs and the mileage has plummeted to 17. Now we haven't done anything else to it, no regear, no speedo reset, just put the tires on and go.
If you went from a 30" actual diameter to a 33" actual diameter that puts your speedometer reading ~10% lower than your actual speed, so 17MPG on the dash should be 18.7MPG in real life.

Aaron Z

I meant that will calibrate somewhat automaticly. Like GPS speed based systems.
:laughing:

How do you think they would do that unless they were actually GPS speedometers? Most modern speedometers are just run by hall effect sensors that are tied into the ABS system tone rings. They have no way to compensate for changes in tire size without telling the PCM what size the tires are.

It is very quiet in comparison the the soft top JK I was driving before I got my Bronco.

My wife thinks hers is a little quieter than her Ford Escape she had been driving. I always thought that thing had way too much road noise for a car.
this makes me happy to hear. Trying to convince the parents they need one to replace their 180k mile Commander. They live at the beach so soft top is definitely the play. Trying to figure out for myself how people justify paying $50k for a car, as fun as it may be, being a cheap bastard

They probably do, guessing folks aren't going in and changing for tire size though.

Not that easy on the new Bronco without going to the dealer to have them reset it.

There are some work arounds with Forscan, but we're waiting to see what the aftermarket comes up with.

Not that easy on the new Bronco without going to the dealer to have them reset it.

There are some work arounds with Forscan, but we're waiting to see what the aftermarket comes up with.
How's the interior room for 6'+ drivers?

Climbing into/out of the rig?

I'm 6'1" with a fused neck; which means I have very limited neck movement so I climb into rigs like I'm 6'10".:homer:

I'm not saying the new bronco is a perfect copy of an EB, but I find it funny that people are so hung up on probably the easiest thing to change, yet think this is a perfectly fine copy

2008-jeep-wrangler-x-suv-angular-front (1).png

Of this:homer:

1403fba4afe104e8096c8d07cd9f6f75.jpg

If you think ford did a bad job with the Bronco, just go take a look at an FJ cruiser, new "blazer" or new "cherokee" suddenly the bronco looks pretty cool. After all, this is a site thats supposed to be about modified 4x4s, an sas and some different flares is a lot easier than making a JK less plastic-y and gay looking.

I'm not saying the new bronco is a perfect copy of an EB, but I find it funny that people are so hung up on probably the easiest thing to change, yet think this is a perfectly fine copy

If you think ford did a bad job with the Bronco, just go take a look at an FJ cruiser, new "blazer" or new "cherokee" suddenly the bronco looks pretty cool. After all, this is a site thats supposed to be about modified 4x4s, an sas and some different flares is a lot easier than making a JK less plastic-y and gay looking.

You trying to win Bronco nut swinger of the year? If so, I think you may be the top contender on this site. :laughing:

:flipoff2:

How's the interior room for 6'+ drivers?

Climbing into/out of the rig?

I'm 6'1" with a fused neck; which means I have very limited neck movement so I climb into rigs like I'm 6'10".:homer:

I'm 6'6" and have way more room than the JK, JL or JT.

The only vehicle this size that I don't have the seat slid all the way back... One click forward.

Doors are big, lots of room.

String together all the photos of wranglers since the willys and you can see how jeep ended up with the JL.

Ford jumped straight from one to the other. (Fullsize broncos dont count :flipoff2:)

String together all the photos of wranglers since the willys and you can see how jeep ended up with the JL.

Ford jumped straight from one to the other. (Fullsize broncos dont count :flipoff2:)

End result is the same.

TJ still looked good, JK fenders and hood are terrible and look like a cheap Chinese toy that was made to look like a TJ but didn't want to pay for licensing :flipoff2:

JL looks much better, less Tupperware looking.

Either way, it's easy enough to change and look drastically better.

End result is the same.

TJ still looked good, JK fenders and hood are terrible and look like a cheap Chinese toy that was made to look like a TJ but didn't want to pay for licensing :flipoff2:

Thank impact safety and fuel economy regulations.

Or make an OG Willys or EB that meets both.

We'll wait :flipoff2::laughing:

End result is the same.

Fenders are horrible but there is alot of easy aftermarket fixes, spendy though. I'm sure the Bronco will get some aftermarket options but they are more limited on options if think due to the large metal fender. Similar to how flares for a XJ.

I have a hard top for a 3 door for sale. complete and new in a crate/ $5k message me. I work at a Ford Dealer. we ordered a top and received 2. I cant return it so I need it gone, Black top without headliner/sound deadener. has the side windows. For the price I would order the rear glass and wiper components to make it complete. located in central MT

Last edited:
They're working on the round fender fix, here is a pic of the Heritage edition front fenders:

264279479_451754296386064_6667888891155829833_n.jpg
Thought I saw on that Bronco 6g site over a year ago that Ford had aftermarket fenders like the old Bushwhackers that all EBs have now (except like 5 that are still uncut :laughing:). Maybe that's them?

It was in a thread showing all kinds of body modularity - might have been CAD renderings, had a bunch of body parts laying around the "coming soon" at the time Bronco - does that ring a bell?

$5k for a fucking 2 door top? That's like 20% of a base model. Jesus
Give it a year or two - shit's new and in short supply, ergo priced (or scalped) higher'n giraffe pussy. Let the manufacturers and aftermarket catch up, and the price will drop . . . by 500 bucks:flipoff2:

Stolen from Instagram. I dig the ADV fenders and that bumper looks simple enough to make. Maybe match the grill lines a little more.
Screenshot_20211219-135124_Instagram.jpg

Oh look at that, a super simple fix for all the people who can't look at round fenders :flipoff2:

Cut off wheel works too
You could easily cut off the lip on the front and most likely clear 37s stock. The rear is part of a thick pinched seam where ot meets up with the steel inner fender so youd be getting into the interior by about an inch all the way around

Top Back Refresh