What's new

Ford Bronco Release date set

You sound like one of them mother fuckers that never owned/ used/ wheeled a ttb Bronco and dealt with all the bullshit that went along with owning/ using/ wheeling a ttb Bronco.

:flipoff2:
A friend had a bronco II convertible with a newer exploder Dana 35 ttb and 8.8 that he tough truck raced for years. We called it the bunny because that bitch had hops off the jumps. It held up beyond all expectations.

Of course I never owned anything ttb, I'm smarter than that, I wheeled Toyotas with tempered glass birfields. :homer:

Last edited:
Ford marketing:

Bronco name = cash cow!!!

Pull everyone in with the original looking bronco…. Create shortage….. introduce the Kia sport version… sell to the impatient mob!!!!

It was game over as soon as Ford copied the Kia Sportage and threw the bronco name on it!!!!!
Using the name on that Fkn thing is ridiculous!!!! Could’ve at least used the “bronco 2” name!!!

I had about 150k miles between a couple fj cruisers while doing Toyota projects. Ran Katempcy multiple times, along with Moab, Tellico, Rousch Creek and Rubicon. We wore out a couple inner tie rod ends, but never broke one.

We also were on 33’s, not 37’s.
How many (paperweight) wore out unit bearings do you now own????
:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

It’s funny with this bronco ifs… all Ford had to do was look at the Toyota FJ example and adjust!!!!

What was the username on the other site that pimped his 4 runner for koh emc, raced once, dealt with this same problem and took his car and all of the free parts and went home????

To the Ford team's credit, they did some testing out a Johnson valley during development with some of the pro Ultra4 drivers Ford is sponsoring. They also ran them through the Rubicon, Moab, and Holy Cross before production models started shipping out.

However, I think the Bronco got a bit off track from the "beat the Wrangler" mantra with Ford's push for greater mass appeal than the Wrangler.
They might have taken the rig there… but there’s no way any pro in the sport would support this ifs setup….
If they even thought about the wrangler being competition… you’re right…. Big mistake!!!! No way Ford fans will be trading rubber duckies back and forth for this thing!!!!

It’s funny with this bronco ifs… all Ford had to do was look at the Toyota FJ example and adjust!!!!

What was the username on the other site that pimped his 4 runner for koh emc, raced once, dealt with this same problem and took his car and all of the free parts and went home????
Im pretty sure that guy is still racing, and raced multiple times after koh

Im pretty sure that guy is still racing, and raced multiple times after koh
I remember him taking his broken 4Runner back to Texas and it sittin his shop for at least a year… unfixed… Dave even finished the prototype and sent him the parts!!!!
Guys on the old site we’re calling him out on it!!!!
But this could be partial imaginary… my head can be fuckered at times…
But that’s how I remember it….
The fuck was his name????
Charlie????
Someone will chime in I hope!!!

I remember him taking his broken 4Runner back to Texas and it sittin his shop for at least a year… unfixed… Dave even finished the prototype and sent him the parts!!!!
Charlie????
Steel city racing.

Im 99% sure he raced in 2 king of the hammers races as well as multiple others

A friend had a bronco II convertible with a newer exploder Dana 35 ttb and 8.8 that he tough truck raced for years. We called it the bunny because that bitch had hops off the jumps. It held up beyond all expectations.

Of course I never owned anything ttb, I'm smarter than that, I wheeled Toyotas with tempered glass birfields. :homer:
Your buddy had a 2900lb golf cart and while I bet it was a fucking blast, its not really comparable to a 5000+lb OJ bronco with the same rear end and marginally beefier front. :flipoff2:

Your buddy had a 2900lb golf cart and while I bet it was a fucking blast, its not really comparable to a 5000+lb OJ bronco with the same rear end and marginally beefier front. :flipoff2:
I dunno man, the only time I've seen ttb with that much toe out was full compression off a jump and the tires came back straight at ride height. :laughing:

This right here.

And that's why I own a Ranger and got rid of my F150.

They might have taken the rig there… but there’s no way any pro in the sport would support this ifs setup….
If they even thought about the wrangler being competition… you’re right…. Big mistake!!!! No way Ford fans will be trading rubber duckies back and forth for this thing!!!!

Brad Lovell and Loren Healy are drinking the Bronco IFS Kool-aid by the case :flipoff2: At least in their public posts on social media :rasta:

Charlie????

His name is Charles Black AKA Steel City Racing. He raced two KOH EMCs, 2019 and 2020 if I recall correctly, but I don't think he has done any racing outside of EMC. I believe Charles (Steel City Racing) DNF early in the first lap of his first EMC since Marlin sent him out on an unfinished knuckle prototype and he destroyed the shitty steering arm. The second year he timed out on the rock lap (lap 2). He didn't race it at all this last year as far as I know, but Sherpa Motorsports (Alex Fleming) has a very similar rig and raced EMC at KOH 2021 as well as most of the series races this year.

Last edited:
Mine weighs 3,900Lbs. thank you very much :flipoff2:

Hell it's probably already sold
Big Bend edition 300 miles. This weekend Chicago Mecum
BCDEEC9B-661C-4FC4-BFBA-4DDC7033EC3F.jpeg

:confused: in all the Toyota’s I had, I have yet to have a single unit bearing failure. Those FJ’s were no different: unit bearings held up just fine.

:confused: in all the Toyota’s I had, I have yet to have a single unit bearing failure. Those FJ’s were no different: unit bearings held up just fine.

I thought my wheel bearings were bad on my 325k mile 4runner, had a mechanic buddy do them, said they were in perfect shape :laughing:

Brad Lovell and Loren Healy are drinking the Bronco IFS Kool-aid by the case :flipoff2: At least in their public posts on social media :rasta:

His name is Charles Black AKA Steel City Racing. He raced two KOH EMCs, 2019 and 2020 if I recall correctly, but I don't think he has done any racing outside of EMC. I believe Charles (Steel City Racing) DNF early in the first lap of his first EMC since Marlin sent him out on an unfinished knuckle prototype and he destroyed the shitty steering arm. The second year he timed out on the rock lap (lap 2). He didn't race it at all this last year as far as I know, but Sherpa Motorsports (Alex Fleming) has a very similar rig and raced EMC at KOH 2021 as well as most of the series races this year.

This is what I remember as well.

He sure talked a lot about doing other races, but never actually did.

Brad in the 4600 Bronco has had some pretty decent finishes this year. Loren also, and Vaughn, but the only Bronco on those rigs is the lettering.

This has got to be one of the biggest pile of shit rigs to be released in years that blasphemes it's very name sake.

Damned near impossible to get.

Top doesn't fit worth a shit IF you can get it.

Independent suspension that is inherently fragile to top it off.

It's like the trifecta of fail all wrapped up in one decent looking package. It's like ford saw the H2 and said hold my beer. 🤣

Have you never seen a fucking FJ cruiser?

Not like they did anything ground breaking drive train wise, it was basically just 4runner shit. Reliable, sure. But nothing cool.

At least Ford has

Looks pretty decent imo.

Remove able top

35-37s available

Sweet manual trans option

3 wheel peel frong dig turn thing

Sure will be a lot easier to upgrade some tierods than try to make an FJ cruiser look decent :flipoff2:

You sound like one of them mother fuckers that never owned/ used/ wheeled a ttb Bronco and dealt with all the bullshit that went along with owning/ using/ wheeling a ttb Bronco.

:flipoff2:
Guilty! I thought I had me a Gotdamn Trophy Truck. Did pretty good in the desert, but rockcrawling the only thing I ever saw was hood.
NYD '03.JPG

Have you never seen a fucking FJ cruiser?

Not like they did anything ground breaking drive train wise, it was basically just 4runner shit. Reliable, sure. But nothing cool.

At least Ford has

Looks pretty decent imo.

Remove able top

35-37s available

Sweet manual trans option

3 wheel peel frong dig turn thing

Sure will be a lot easier to upgrade some tierods than try to make an FJ cruiser look decent :flipoff2:
What about my post says I'd have a single good thing to say about an fj cruiser?

Chevy "blazer"

It's a worse vehicle, but at least they weren't trying to remake the original, they just stole the name. Plus they kinda pussied it up with the trail blazer.

Toyota hyped the FJ a lot, trying to show its offroad prowise and how it would compete with the wrangler.

It's a worse vehicle, but at least they weren't trying to remake the original, they just stole the name. Plus they kinda pussied it up with the trail blazer.

Toyota hyped the FJ a lot, trying to show its offroad prowise and how it would compete with the wrangler.
Teeeeeeeeeeeeerrchnically it isn't a remake since an fj cruiser never existed as an official name prior sooooooo... :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh