What's new

Ford Bronco Release date set

this rendering of a "scout" based on the new 2dr bronco looks pretty cool
t-imagined-with-ford-bronco-underpinnings-147173_1.jpg

That Scout concept looks like a Bronco! :flipoff2:

Actually, that's pretty cool except for the bronco hood lines.

The round fenders is Ford's biggest mistake in the new Bronco. Had they went with an angular profile it would have looked much better.

badass-bronco.jpg

Badlands-Sasq-concept.jpeg

I must say I like the new broncos. I dig the front interior, and the body flare. I like that they have a little more room than the jeep wrangler and ride better. The sasquatch is a bad bitch with the standard, it feels like having a legit crawler when in low low, and has this switch that imitates a front dig by pitching the brakes and creating wheel spin to encourage just the front to move.

My wife has been doing home work like crazy on them over the last month and we went and test drove 2 of them (I test drove a sasquatch standard by myself as well) and she is in absolute love with them. She actually worked with 2 dealers to figure out the perfect forumula of ordering one and not waiting forever for one. She ordered one Tuesday and yesterday she got an e-mail from ford with her VIN and a manufacture date, then the dealer we ordered from called her in absolute shock that hers is going into production in November. My wife ordered a pretty much bare bones model- 4 door, Big Bend, 2.3L, 10 spd auto, led lighting, 222A options (remote start, dual zone ac, power front seats), rear locker w/ 4.27 gears.

Big bend production.jpg

That Scout concept looks like a Bronco! :flipoff2:

Actually, that's pretty cool except for the bronco hood lines.

The round fenders is Ford's biggest mistake in the new Bronco. Had they went with an angular profile it would have looked much better.

This....

I wonder how long it will be, before the aftermarket angular fender flare kits come out. Sort of like the ones the '66 - '72 Broncos had....

Maybe they could have done a better job matching the fender profile of the EB, but those 2 concept pics look like shit imo. The vertical part at the back makes it look weird.

Maybe they could have done a better job matching the fender profile of the EB, but those 2 concept pics look like shit imo. The vertical part at the back makes it look weird.

And those are not the same fenders or quarter panels as stock. They redesigned all that stuff just to make it look vintage and still completely fucked it up.

Looks like a raptor bronco is coming.

Goddamnit! I just bought this fucking Jeep! :laughing:

Also, for the Scout fanbois

As a scout fan a VW scout makes me a little nauseous but it might be cool. I doubt it’ll happen though.

As cool as it would be, a spokes person from Chevy already came out earlier this year and said they wont be throwing their hat in the ring for a formidable offroader. He tippy toed around it, but short story that is what he said. He made up some lame excuse about the colorado offroad package being just as capable as the jeep gladiator... blah blah blah.... They missed a huge opportunity here! The fact that Bronco's are literally sold out until the end of next year pretty much tells you that people were ready for something different from the jeep and Ford stepped in and Chevy was too busy gobbling balls and trying to figure out how to make a 6.2L a fuel efficient motor to make something out of the blazer!

As cool as it would be, a spokes person from Chevy already came out earlier this year and said they wont be throwing their hat in the ring for a formidable offroader. He tippy toed around it, but short story that is what he said. He made up some lame excuse about the colorado offroad package being just as capable as the jeep gladiator... blah blah blah.... They missed a huge opportunity here! The fact that Bronco's are literally sold out until the end of next year pretty much tells you that people were ready for something different from the jeep and Ford stepped in and Chevy was too busy gobbling balls and trying to figure out how to make a 6.2L a fuel efficient motor to make something out of the blazer!
I agree they missed out. Right now they are trying to quasi-compete with the Raptor and TRX with the new ZR2 1500. The current trail boss/at4 is nothing more than a standard Z71 with a different front struts, slightly longer cv shafts, a rear block, and different rear springs.

Not surprising, all they would need to do is take a 4x4 tahoe, add a removable top, a rollbar and slap a z71 sticker on the side of it. Then rebadge it as a k5 blazer. Giving a 2 or 4 door option would be nice too. I think a lot of people would go for that.

Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban are IRS now since they're minivans, so it'd be a big thing for a halfway decent fullsize Blazer comeback.

How about an all new Chevy Tracker off-roader?

Last edited:
I agree they missed out. Right now they are trying to quasi-compete with the Raptor and TRX with the new ZR2 1500. The current trail boss/at4 is nothing more than a standard Z71 with a different front struts, slightly longer cv shafts, a rear block, and different rear springs.

GM is clueless, They didn't even put a fucking rear locker in it, something Ford offers in about any truck.

GM is clueless, They didn't even put a fucking rear locker in it, something Ford offers in about any truck.
They really are.... I like GM vehicles just an fyi... However, something bull shittery is going on over there. 2 years ago they had the commercial I'm sure everyone saw where they were pretty much admitting that for years they made a shitty car compared to Toyota and honda, and that finally they have a reliable, safe, techy car that millennials can enjoy. Right around the same time dodge had George fucking washington driving the hell cat into a 1776 battle field... I fucking hate dodge, but that commercial damn near brought a tear to my eye, chevy however was like ya we make throw away cars, but atleast now they are safe and reliable like toyota. I feel that no one at Chevy is a car guy anymore! Just a bunch of engineers designing the next forgettable vehicle! Except the corvette group, I picture they are a bunch of old hot rod people that have kidnapped one of the young car designers from the economy car team and are forcing him to make the corvette cool!

I think they are too busy catering to the eco conscious, urban only driving of millenials and soccer families to actually build a fun vehicle. The chevy trail boss is kind of cool but I bet the poor bastard who came up with the idea of a chevy with a factory lift and mud terrains probably caught shit from all his co-workers who drive Tesla!

Don't be dumb, no one can see inside your differential in traffic, but how 'bout them bright red tow hooks! Everyone gonna know you're all about that off-road life with those hanging out front.

Don't be dumb, no one can see inside your differential in traffic, but how 'bout them bright red tow hooks! Everyone gonna know you're all about that off-road life with those hanging out front.

I get what you mean, but I think backing it up a little seems to help sales.

Top Back Refresh