What's new

Ford Bronco Release date set

Anyone else who ordered one get this in the mail? Does it mean my August 9 build date might be legit...
20210729_001646.jpg
I got it Saturday. Still waiting on our build date. If I had picked a Big Bend with Soft top, we would have it by now. We are waiting on a Wildtrak with MIC Hard Top.
20210724_172352.jpg

Is anyone making fender flares that look like the flares on the 66-77 Broncos ?

We have one in our neighborhood now. My neighbor who has one on order talked to the guy on Sunday for about 20 minutes. Owner said he was told he got the 5th one in CA. Ive seen him 3 times now, but im always driving. Planning on rolling the 71 around this weekend to try to catch his attention. I'd love to get a close up look before I place an order for the wife...

The way the flare sticks straight out from under a fully formed wheel arch reminds me of the garden edgeing and conveyer belt flares people used to do. :laughing:
Ford definitely did a good job bringing to market the Scout III

Saw a vid of one with the 2.7 do 0-60 in 10.2 seconds.. Ford must be sand bagging the bronco cause that engine in a f150 is snappier than that.

Saw a vid of one with the 2.7 do 0-60 in 10.2 seconds.. Ford must be sand bagging the bronco cause that engine in a f150 is snappier than that.
Yeah, I scare people in my 2.7 f-150. I think 0-60 is under 8 seconds. It'll bark the tires downshifting on the freeway when i stomp on it. I've heard with traction control off it'll break them loose.

Anyone else who ordered one get this in the mail? Does it mean my August 9 build date might be legit...
20210729_001646.jpg

Yep, got mine a week ago.

The boss here at Northridge4x4 had his Bronco delivered two weeks ago, dropped it at work with 16 miles on it, handed me the keys and said have fun.

Two weeks later it has over 900 miles on it and oh yes, we've had lots of fun driving it around. Sporty, fast, handles great, can't really overstate how great of an on-road rig this is. Will be hitting some mild trails for the first time in the next week, will see how I feel about it after that.

base-nonsq-w-squatch.png

Definitely need to get some tires on it, those little pizza cutters make that thing look goofy.

the more i see the bronco sport, the more i like it :homer:

Tech Tim are you guys working up a whole lineup of bumpers and suspension goodies for the fullsize ones?

Yes! Is that a base 4 door?
Yes, about as base as you can get. The only options are the 2.7 v-6/10 Spd auto and the keyless entry pad than we didn't order, but it came on it anyway.

That makes it look infinitely better than the round fenders.

Agree 100% and can't understand why they didn't do that to begin with.

Tech Tim are you guys working up a whole lineup of bumpers and suspension goodies for the fullsize ones?

Yes, we're adding parts at Northridge4x4 as fast as they come available. We've got spacer lifts available and ARB bumpers and sliders are supposedly coming available real soon.

As far as the really cool suspension parts, I had Dallas up last weekend and let him drive this around a bit. He is super impressed and just ordered one for himself, so I'm sure we'll be discussing long travel IFS stuff as soon as he gets Scherer's new U4 IFS design done.

Agree 100% and can't understand why they didn't do that to begin with.
If i had to guess, it's in the pipeline.

kind of like when they released the 90's Mustang with the 3 horizontal tail lights... yet compared it to the original 3 vertical tail lights in some ads... big miss

As far as the really cool suspension parts, I had Dallas up last weekend and let him drive this around a bit. He is super impressed and just ordered one for himself, so I'm sure we'll be discussing long travel IFS stuff as soon as he gets Scherer's new U4 IFS design done.

I can't wait for the LT stuff to hit the market. I will also gladly be a test monkey. 🐒

Top Back Refresh