What's new

Ford Bronco Release date set

Sept 17th. I placed the order on January 20th.
WTF. I mean good for you, but for fucks sake what's the point of the reservations and timestamps when they are building September and November reservations ahead of everyone who is in the first week.

I think dealer allocations and build specs are going to end up playing more into who actually gets one sooner than later.

The good side effects of some healthy competition. Not that any Bronco guys really care. :massey:

The good side effects of some healthy competition. Not that any Bronco guys really care. :massey:
Hopefully it will bring the price down a bit. Jeep could set it high because there isn't another option. If some other mfgs will go after the market they might become affordable again.

I watched a review video for the Bronco the other day and they were talking about large delays with color-matched Hard Top units, that the vendor could only make 40 a day; that soft-top units would be shipping earlier. Not sure if that applies to the various models ordered/discussed here.

Edit: found a link with some relevant info:

Hopefully it will bring the price down a bit. Jeep could set it high because there isn't another option. If some other mfgs will go after the market they might become affordable again.
No shit!
Jeep's MSRPs are higher'n giraffe pussy.
As long as folks pay it, that won't change.

We need a Wrangler vs Bronco vs FJ vs Blazer vs Ramcharger tooth-and-nail competition to deliver the 4x4 consumer optimal hardware packages at rock-bottom prices.

<looks at what^ he just typed, chucks car keys in storm drain, calls Safe Rides>

No shit!
Jeep's MSRPs are higher'n giraffe pussy.
As long as folks pay it, that won't change.

We need a Wrangler vs Bronco vs FJ vs Blazer vs Ramcharger tooth-and-nail competition to deliver the 4x4 consumer optimal hardware packages at rock-bottom prices.

<looks at what^ he just typed, chucks car keys in storm drain, calls Safe Rides>
Dont forget Nissan Patrol, Land Rover Series, and Suzuki Samurai if we are dreaming.

The release date is based on when OJ commits his next murder, he has to be fleeing from the po po to give the correct exposure for ferd.

The plant that Ford builds the Bronco is in Wayne Mi, not to far from me, every parking lot and available field near that plant is packed full of Bronco that are all ready built and just waiting for chips they need.

The plant that Ford builds the Bronco is in Wayne Mi, not to far from me, every parking lot and available field near that plant is packed full of Bronco that are all ready built and just waiting for chips they need.
Sounds like they need to go back to running carburetors

I saw something similar here in Texas on Friday on my way to the race track. 2 giant fenced in fields that are normally empty were chock full of GM SUV things. Like several hundred cars per field type shit. I thought it was odd as hell until I read your post. Makes total sense now.

Is there going to be a model that isn't saddled with 9000 computers like the jeep jl? Im not interested. Fucking code glitch and you lose function of this or that, no thanks. This is just another version of a modern bubble shaped computer with wheels :barf:

So China can build a functioning hospital in a couple of weeks but can’t supply computer chips fast enough? How does that make sense?

I saw something similar here in Texas on Friday on my way to the race track. 2 giant fenced in fields that are normally empty were chock full of GM SUV things. Like several hundred cars per field type shit. I thought it was odd as hell until I read your post. Makes total sense now.

wait until the rats and mice enjoy chewing on all of that tasty, brand new wiring.

So China can build a functioning hospital in a couple of weeks but can’t supply computer chips fast enough? How does that make sense?

to be fair, they dont need to kill the local african tribes to mine the rare earth metals and process them to their final purity to build a hospital

Is there going to be a model that isn't saddled with 9000 computers like the jeep jl? Im not interested. Fucking code glitch and you lose function of this or that, no thanks. This is just another version of a modern bubble shaped computer with wheels :barf:
So you have anything built after what, 1990?
I get that no one likes all the computer nannys these days, but they are not going away anytime soon.

84,89,97,01, - I can service and work on everything in my shop. I sold my 2017 f350 few years back and haven't looked back.
The Sync 3 screen used to randomly black out and the electric latch tailgate used to randomly open driving down the road. Lost a yeti knockoff cooler to that one. Lost two guns to tweakers because some how me being inside a building my pocket activated the global window feature and rolled down all 4 windows unbeknownst to me.

Wife drives a "stripped down" 18' expedition xlt3.5. Not keeping that fucker longer than past extended warranty

Coworker of mine has a 20 fiat truck. Yesterday his huge screen thing randomly went blank and he lost his ac, hes making a 5 hr rd trip today

I will add, i agree, we cant change this shit now

Last edited:
Are these the actual bronco or the bronco sport I'm seeing around?

I was told to never buy a brand new model on it's first year of production. I wish you orderers all the luck with the new truck. Hopefully the new chips weren't rushed and begin failing then you end up on a 6 month wait for a replacement.

84,89,97,01, - I can service and work on everything in my shop. I sold my 2017 f350 few years back and haven't looked back.
The Sync 3 screen used to randomly black out and the electric latch tailgate used to randomly open driving down the road. Lost a yeti knockoff cooler to that one. Lost two guns to tweakers because some how me being inside a building my pocket activated the global window feature and rolled down all 4 windows unbeknownst to me.

Wife drives a "stripped down" 18' expedition xlt3.5. Not keeping that fucker longer than past extended warranty

Coworker of mine has a 20 fiat truck. Yesterday his huge screen thing randomly went blank and he lost his ac, hes making a 5 hr rd trip today

I will add, i agree, we cant change this shit now
Yep
I have an 06 expedition and it’s still too computerized
Only reason I have it is because it was 4wd one owner 80k miles for $3,500

I get that you need a computer to run the efi and abs but a 1990 Dodge pickup or K5 blazer had both of those,

I don’t need a giant tv screen thats guaranteed to fail and I don’t want a vehicle with a can bus network and 68 computers to run the tail lights and power windows.

Agree, can-bus was the beginning of this horse shit

I wonder if eventually there will be someone who steps up to the plate by offering simple like mahindra did for tractors?

Has safety and emissions standards really made all this shit necessary for automotive manufacturers or is it the creature comforts?

t

Agree, can-bus was the beginning of this horse shit

I wonder if eventually there will be someone who steps up to the plate by offering simple like mahindra did for tractors?

Has safety and emissions standards really made all this shit necessary for automotive manufacturers or is it the creature comforts?

t
Transmission, engine, steering and ABS all have to talk to get torque limiting (so you gont pretzle a driveshaft in 1st), traction control and keep the engine in the most efficient RPM range.
Everything else is to make it so they need less wiring harnesses for all the optional stuff.

Aaron Z

Top Back Refresh