What's new

Ford Bronco Release date set

I’ve seen one in town although it looks noticeably different than what I’ve seen being pimped on the youtubes

The cushion of the vinyl flooring is probably the typical jute backing for insulation and sound dampening. It's also the fun stuff that gets soaked with whatever liquid is spilled in the floor, takes forever to dry and generally stinks like an old boot when the vehicle is left in the sun with the windows rolled up. It also likes to dissolve sheetmetal by holding moisture on wrong side of the vinyl, right against the metal. I have no idea why manufacturers do that kind of idiocy, particularly considering the reasons most people option for a vinyl floor.

Oh, I almost forgot. Ford sucks! :flipoff2:

The owner of the convenience store in the town next to us is also the owner of the Ford dealership the next town over and he has been DD’g a new Bronco for the last month. I know him pretty well, I’ll ask him what he thinks of it.

There’s one around here as well. 🙄 Very yawn worthy.

For a cute ute I thought they looked pretty good? Way better than anything else available now.

I’ve seen one in town although it looks noticeably different than what I’ve seen being pimped on the youtubes

Looks like they copied the defender nicely.

I saw one this week and that was my first thought
The ones you guys keep seeing are not the real Bronco its the Bronco Gay or Bronco Sport.

Fords worst idea ever to have anything other than the real Bronco with that name on it. I wonder how many people are just like these guys and see a Bronco sport and just say nope. I thought I wanted a Bronco but not now.

The ones you guys keep seeing are not the real Bronco its the Bronco Gay or Bronco Sport.

Fords worst idea ever to have anything other than the real Bronco with that name on it. I wonder how many people are just like these guys and see a Bronco sport and just say nope. I thought I wanted a Bronco but not now.
Agree with this 100%. I think Ford is going to have Broncos, Mustangs, and trucks. Then there will be several vehicles under each brand. I think it is dumb, but I think that is where it is headed.
I also think anyone who thinks the Bronco Sport is a the real bronco probably shouldn’t own one anyway.

Agree with this 100%. I think Ford is going to have Broncos, Mustangs, and trucks. Then there will be several vehicles under each brand. I think it is dumb, but I think that is where it is headed.
I also think anyone who thinks the Bronco Sport is a the real bronco probably shouldn’t own one anyway.
IDK, After the Cutlass bacame the best selling car in the country for reasons that would confound anyone they started calling all their models Cutlass and look what it did for them lol

There is an electrical connection to plug/unplug when put doors on/take them off. Even has a spring loaded cover to keep nature out.

The Bronco Sport is uber ghey and will hopefully scare plenty of people back to jeep land :flipoff2:

With a Softtop, I thought it had tons of headroom.
I'm 6'3".
1618849549046.png

This one is on a 2.5" lift and 37's.
1618849580466.png

Ground clearance.
1618849598917.png

So 37's and no lift with minor-ish fender cutting.

Also in the camp of "these idiots think the Sport is the actual Bronco that they think we're all talking about makes me think this kind of stupidity will keep them all in jeeps, which I think is a good thing".

Looked pretty thoroughly at the fender cutting option... the front is no problem but in the rear as soon as you get into it at all your cutting into the interior fortion of the body

and back in 08, all MFG's contracted the brands for cost savings...

So 37's and no lift with minor-ish fender cutting.

Also in the camp of "these idiots think the Sport is the actual Bronco that they think we're all talking about makes me think this kind of stupidity will keep them all in jeeps, which I think is a good thing".
Quietly hoping so. That way my wife will just keep her Rubicon and I don't have to buy a 60k replacement. Fangers crossed

Looked pretty thoroughly at the fender cutting option... the front is no problem but in the rear as soon as you get into it at all your cutting into the interior fortion of the body

Well hot damn, we're in luck... because I'm just the kind of dude that would have a nice new 4x4 with some old bullshit looking barn flashing home-made inner fenderwells. Probably galvanized. And tack welded in with FCAW.

:flipoff2:

I'm trying to convince the wife to let me buy her one. Still want to go finger fuck one first though.

Well I’ve seen a bunch of Broncos out and about and I’ve got to say ... they’re BUTT ugly . Looks like an older Ford Escape with some changes .

^ explain ? I’ve been following the thread for a while now off and on am I missing something ?

Oh ok I gotcha well what I HAVE seen in person I guess just the sports I do not like . I worked for Ford at one time things have changed quickly in those few years .

Got my confirmation email this morning. Being bult week of June 28th.

Top Back Refresh