What's new

Ford Bronco Release date set

Agree, can-bus was the beginning of this horse shit

I wonder if eventually there will be someone who steps up to the plate by offering simple like mahindra did for tractors?

Has safety and emissions standards really made all this shit necessary for automotive manufacturers or is it the creature comforts?

t
Defiantly not
They don’t need a computer to run the power windows but every car does it now

some cars have a computer chip in the tail lights now. Dunno what the hell for .

that’s why my son loves his 65 falcon station wagon. He installed the sniper efi and vintage air AC and some suspension mods ,disc brakes etc , the sniper has a primitive computer and the vintage air has some computer thing I think . But it ain’t overloaded with in necessary computers.

Outdated but still good read

It seems like eventually there could be some kind of market for a glider type vehicle for light vehicle market.

I know id buy a new 87-96 ford truck or 99-01 that i could drop a drivetrain in

It seems like late 90’s/early 2000’s was peak of technology, creature comforts and drivability vs cost of ownership for hd and light duty trucks.

Damn i really derailed this thread. Sorry guys

Definitely a market for something Ariel's approach to things but with trucks. Sell as a OHV, but with everything needed to meet the requirements to be registered.

The plant that Ford builds the Bronco is in Wayne Mi, not to far from me, every parking lot and available field near that plant is packed full of Bronco that are all ready built and just waiting for chips they need.
Saw a bunch of rangers and broncos today headed East a few miles south of the plant. Probably headed to the rail shipping yard.

I've seen a few pics of new ones in the wild on FB and have gotten a few emails from Ford saying their on the way.
My build date got moved from June 28 to July 19. Still trying to figure out if I can fly out to drive it home, or if I have to wait for the dealer to get it.

It seems like late 90’s/early 2000’s was peak of technology, creature comforts and drivability vs cost of ownership for hd and light duty trucks.
I would agree. I've got a 99 Chevy Dually that I've been fixing or upgrading as I go. I picked up a matching escalade and am in the middle of swapping all the nicer interior pieces in. Should be pretty nice once I am done.

I've seen a few pics of new ones in the wild on FB and have gotten a few emails from Ford saying their on the way.
My build date got moved from June 28 to July 19. Still trying to figure out if I can fly out to drive it home, or if I have to wait for the dealer to get it.
if you end up flying out let me know. I'll buy you a :beer:

We're converting our Wildtrak reservation tomorrow as well. Local dealer is still going to honor X- plan pricing even the Ford isn't offering it on the Bronco. Found that out through the 6g forum as well. General manager of the dealer verified via e-mail with me as well.

Do you happen to know if it's just X-plan that they're not honoring? I've got A-plan and been tempted to put in my order.

That being said, I'm in manufacturing and I'm not sure I want anything built in 2020/2021. I've got complete confidence in the products that my lines put out, but SO many issues I've seen in the last year from suppliers makes me hesitate.

Do you happen to know if it's just X-plan that they're not honoring? I've got A-plan and been tempted to put in my order.

That being said, I'm in manufacturing and I'm not sure I want anything built in 2020/2021. I've got complete confidence in the products that my lines put out, but SO many issues I've seen in the last year from suppliers makes me hesitate.
From what I have read A,Z and D plans are still eligible for discount.

Build got pushed to August 9 now 🙄
Was really hoping to have it for Sierra Trek, atthis rate I'll be happy to go snow wheelin this winter.

Saw a truck load of them this morning heading to dealerships I’d assume

Attachments

• 6F3E5DD8-AF0D-4FD8-86A1-89B4FA4E65AD.jpeg
    6F3E5DD8-AF0D-4FD8-86A1-89B4FA4E65AD.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 135
Saw a 2 door at the Ford dealership in Webster MA this weekend. They're out there finally.

There is a yellow/orangish 2 door at Rocky Top Ford in Sevierville TN.

Randomly enough, i was near Lock Haven, PA for work last week. There's an orange Badlands edition sitting on the lot. Price doesn't seem outrageous either.

Its about 10k over msrp. If it wasnt marked up id be on my way out to get it till mine shows up 6 years from now.

They sent out a convoluted email about hard tops in any color other then molded in color silver not being available untill 2023

Went to the big dealer by my work and they said they have a loaded badlands coming in that's not sold yet. Sticker is like 60. Salesman wasn't sure if they were making it up or not and said ford isn't honoring A plan so I didn't believe a word he said after that. :laughing:

Car salesman have to be the dumbest people on this planet.

Went to the big dealer by my work and they said they have a loaded badlands coming in that's not sold yet. Sticker is like 60. Salesman wasn't sure if they were making it up or not and said ford isn't honoring A plan so I didn't believe a word he said after that. :laughing:

Car salesman have to be the dumbest people on this planet.
My loaded 4dr badlands was just above 50k at a delarship that doesn't charge markup. I could have made it about $5k more if i really tried

Got to sit in a 4 door outer banks today. These things are pretty damn nice. Going to really give jeep a run for it's money.

Snapchat-1018685850.jpg

Anyone else who ordered one get this in the mail? Does it mean my August 9 build date might be legit...
20210729_001646.jpg

Anyone else who ordered one get this in the mail? Does it mean my August 9 build date might be legit...
20210729_001646.jpg
That is some really nice retro themed literature.

I had a chance to cast my hairy eyeball on one of these yesterday at a local rental place, I liked it.

The hard points on the front looked stout and will accept a shackle.

The one turnoff was the rear camera pod as it looked like a flaccid uncurcumsized black dick poking out from the center of the spare tire.

Top Back Refresh