Votes: 13 9.4%
  • Hell to the naw

Votes: 60 43.5%
  • I'll wait as late as possible to see what happens to others muahahahah

Votes: 51 37.0%
  • Bacon

Votes: 14 10.1%

• Total voters
Hopefully it's legit and works, but there's no way in hell I'm signing up for that early on. I know two people that work in hospitals here that got it already.

I'm not some anti-vaxx nutjob or anything, but I don't trust anything as soon as it comes out. Cars, tech, drugs, ect. It's not worth being a guinea pig over in general. If this was something like polio or the plague I might think differently, but I don't see the huge rush here.

Joking aside, I've heard symptoms similar to Bell's Palsy are a possibility, although remote.

Can your work place make it mandatory for you to take the vaccine?

Can your work place make it mandatory for you to take the vaccine?

From what I listened to on FOX the answer is yes. HOWEVER, their legal person also went on to say that if an employer required it as a condition of employment they would be on the hook for any time off needed due to a reaction be it small or large. That person also went on to say she was of the opinion that many employers don't want that responsibility so will not make it conditional for employment.

My personal take...

Force it on me and I'll be "sick" from it for sure, how long I am sick is gonna be proportional to how much you pissed me off.

From what I listened to on FOX the answer is yes. HOWEVER, their legal person also went on to say that if an employer required it as a condition of employment they would be on the hook for any time off needed due to a reaction be it small or large. That person also went on to say she was of the opinion that many employers don't want that responsibility so will not make it conditional for employment.

My personal take...

Force it on me and I'll be "sick" from it for sure, how long I am sick is gonna be proportional to how much you pissed me off.

I have a cousin that manages a nursing home. Her boss said take it or find another job. Makes you wonder if there are complications from it years down the road will the boss along with the vaccine maker be on the hook for it?

I have a cousin that manages a nursing home. Her boss said take it or find another job. Makes you wonder if there are complications from it years down the road will the boss along with the vaccine maker be on the hook for it?

The vaccine maker will not be on the hook. Legislation has been passed to protect them from any liability.

Joking aside, I've heard symptoms similar to Bell's Palsy are a possibility, although remote.

Only 3 people came down with Bells Palsey out of the 30-40k people in the phase 3 trials. We're supposed to get ours by the end of the month. We're getting the Moderna one apparently.

Only 3 people came down with Bells Palsey out of the 30-40k people in the phase 3 trials. We're supposed to get ours by the end of the month. We're getting the Moderna one apparently.

For something that's 99.whatever% survivable I'll take my chances over whatever the odds are for possible Bells Palsey. My luck I'd be the 4th.

It’s “optional but highly recommended” at both facilities I work at. I told them then I’ll wait until it’s “mandatory.” I give it about 6 months before it is but hopefully by that time the mutations have occurred and we have more research :homer:​ I say about 80-85% of the employees have already agreed to get it at the two different companies.

SNF setting for anyone wondering. ​​​

It's interesting how many here downplay the seriousness of COVID by talking about survival rates, etc. It's not completely without merit. But, those same people are now eagerly grasping onto every negative vaccine reaction ignoring all the people getting the vaccine with no negative reaction. Serious lack of logical consistency on display, that's all.

It's interesting how many here downplay the seriousness of COVID by talking about survival rates, etc. It's not completely without merit. But, those same people are now eagerly grasping onto every negative vaccine reaction ignoring all the people getting the vaccine with no negative reaction. Serious lack of logical consistency on display, that's all.

uh.... you can't state this as factual... we simply do not know yet what the long term effects might be. Period.

But let's say it's 90% effective overall with only 10% total negative reactions... why would someone choose those odds over a 99.x% survivable virus?

I'll continue to follow Pfizer CEO's lead in not taking the vaccine now.

I can't see how they can make the Covid vaccine mandatory if the flu shot isn't. Then again, who the hell knows.

Dont forget the same people with a 99.6% chance of surviving it that wont go outside of their house until they get a vaccine that is only 95% effective and they will still be told they have to wear a mask, and they will wear one because unless everyone else get their vaccine nobody else’s will work...

What seems more stupud in all honesty.

Glad I got it and beat it and have antibodies. Also glad the wife and I are self employed. Doubtful KS tries to force something on us with any success. I'll keep doing what I do and see how many around me get it and how they react.

uh.... you can't state this as factual... we simply do not know yet what the long term effects might be. Period.

But let's say it's 90% effective overall with only 10% total negative reactions... why would someone choose those odds over a 99.x% survivable virus?

It is factual that the vast majority of the people receiving the vaccine are having no serious short-term effects. We also don't know yet what the long-term effects of COVID might be.

But, but, but, short term side effects are low, so it’s actually safe. It’s a vaccine from big pharma, they never make mistakes and rushing out a vaccine in months is always a solid idea. Hell, just look at history.

Do y'all think this vaccine was actually created from the ground up in less than a year? Much of the groundwork was laid during the original SARS outbreak. They didn't start behind home plate swinging away, they basically picked up the torch as a pinch runner already on 3rd.

1Z6lKnJ.jpg

Top Back Refresh