What's new

Building a mild 460 for bronco

IIRC yes, but it's been a year or so and apparently I didn't take any pics of mine to compare against :shaking:

From what I understand/remember, weighted front harmonic spacer means no weight on flywheel.

Rock auto lists flywheel with no weight with "weighted spacer"

so it looks like i have the wrong one then? weight spacer, and thats a weight on the bottom of the flywheel

Yes the flex plate has a weight. This is off a 95.

Attachments

• IMG20230519154142.jpg
    IMG20230519154142.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
Engine is in to confirm everything fits.
But it's some industrial flywheel that's like 2" to big..
PXL_20230521_215035424.MP.jpg

does anyone make the water pump pulley thats not fancy billet aluminum? the modified one doesnt fit. All im running is saginaw powersteering and 3g alternator. Do i need a one or two grove one? the modified one was two grove, but it also was set up for ac.
I cant find any of my brackets. they must have gotten scrapped during moving. so looks like I need all the brackets also.

Pulled the engine again and put the correct flex plate in. Now to start bolting everything on.
Went to rejet/rebuild my quadrajunk. This spring was on my pile of parts. It looks like it came out of the carb but I don't remember it, and I don't see it on the parts break down. Anyone know?
PXL_20230816_212145914.jpg

My coolant hoses go like this correct? Short hose between the pump and intake, then those two holes for the heater core lines?
PXL_20230902_175541217~2.jpg

You're not going to run that carb hat agian are you? Those things do horrible things to the jetting at higher RPM's.

They cause horrible turbulence over the top of the carb that fucks with the high speed air bleeds. The mixture will swing all over the place.
Shouldn't you be able to get over that by running a smaller CFM carb so that the air is rocketing through at a higher constant speed regarldess of what the shit in front of it is doing?

Shouldn't you be able to get over that by running a smaller CFM carb so that the air is rocketing through at a higher constant speed regarldess of what the shit in front of it is doing?
No. It's the sharp turn and all the air coming in from 1 direction. The larger dual inlet ones from UMP are better but still not as good as a 14" round filter.

Top Back Refresh