What's new

Building a mild 460 for bronco

210 seems like the warm side of fine, not sure it's worth messing with or that a colder thermostat would help. 195* should be just as wide open as a 180* at 200*+. Fan shroud/radiator degunked/radiator obstructions in that order would be the things to check before bothering with a colder thermostat.
I think this radiator might be on the smaller side for a 460. It's the stock size for a modified newish china aluminum one. I washed the mud out of the fins before installing. With dual e fans It never went above 210.

oil sender is an easy fix with thread tape at least, if it won't stop leaking with just "one more" turn :laughing:

It was also leaking with the modified.. but the modified I think topped out at like 20 psi not like 80

Last edited:
I think this radiator might be on the smaller side for a 460. It's the stock size for a modified newish china aluminum one. I washed the mud out of the fins before installing. With dual e fans It never went above 210.

It was also leaking with the modified.. but the modified I think topped out at like 20 psi not like 80
Fwiw I never had an issue with the smaller 3?core dentside rads and 460’s

Top Back Refresh