What's new

Alec Baldwin Shot a Lady

Maybe there weren’t? I don’t know if we can trust any info at this point.

The more I read, prop guns shouldn’t be able to load live ammo.

I think more will come of this, but the people that hate Baldwin will continue to blame him for making a movie, regardless if this was his fault or not…
So let's assume they weren't live rounds but it was a Brandon Lee situation. You'd have to think things would have been changed since then to prevent another death or injury.

This should be a lesson especially to the fucktard that pulled the trigger that guns aren't meant to be fired at anything you don't intend to kill. Not even for a movie.

Its mentioned that there were 3 guns on a cart and the AD took one of them. They may have been meant for another actor or even another scene for all we know. Prop Master and Armor clearly did not follow proper procedures but it was the AD who had no authority to touch the gun or declare it cold that did both and from what we understand did not open and spin the chamber to support his claim. AD as part of his job does not touch guns.

911 call is blaming it on the armorer, saying there was another on set accident before this happened that made a grip of people leave.

WTF is an AD? Me truck driver, me no understand foreign nomenclature.

911 call is blaming it on the armorer, saying there was another on set accident before this happened that made a grip of people leave.
911 call was made by the script supervisor who has very little to do with determining who was at fault, she seemed to have an axe to grind per what she said on the phone.

WTF is an AD? Me truck driver, me no understand foreign nomenclature.
Assistant Director. The 1st AD is the guy who actually really runs the set overcomes issues, keeps things moving and reports to the UPM and is a member of the DGA. It is unclear if the guy who touched the gun was the 1st AD, 2nd AD, or 2nd2nd AD or even an additional 2nd2ndAD, if that makes it clearer but I am assuming it was the 1st AD. Director pays attention to what is on camera and how that is done he is a creative guy not a logistical one..

Edit to make things clearer, guns are IA not DGA in this case they may have been neither, lol sorry im just laughing at all the stupid shit people are posting

Last edited:
A "prop" is anything handled by an actor! Rubber and airsoft replicas are what you see the majority of the time but, real firearms are used on set. Many of the real ones are the same models that you own. Others are modified for film, plugged barrels and these plugs are pointed out to the crew present on set. Automatic weapons are often modified to run on 1/2 load blanks but they're not always reliable.

The big prop houses have 10's of thousands of real firearms for film and tv use, from derringers to mini guns. They are only available to accredited people, often working under the prop house's FFL. One of my coworkers also works as an armorer, 10 years in the Marines with 2 tours, it still took him 3 years worth of training to become a full on armorer.

Most of the people seen firing guns in action films are actually stuntmen, not random actors. Key actors do deal with real weapons but, they spend time training with instructors when the rules are followed. Safety costs money, an Armorer runs $60+/hr plus the fringes, they chose not to spend the money! If they had hired an experienced Local 44 Armorer, this probably wouldn't have happened.

Assistant Director. The 1st AD is the guy who actually really runs the set overcomes issues, keeps things moving and reports to the UPM and is a member of the DGA. It is unclear if the guy who touched the gun was the 1st AD, 2nd AD, or 2nd2nd AD or even an additional 2nd2ndAD, if that makes it clearer but I am assuming it was the 1st AD. Director pays attention to what is on camera and how that is done he is a creative guy not a logistical one..

Edit to make things clearer, guns are IA not DGA in this case they may have been neither, lol sorry im just laughing at all the stupid shit people are posting
Now I know that AD is Assistant Director, thanks.

Now WTF is a UPM or DGA? Gotta remember nobody knows shit about movies here for the most part. :homer:

Gotta remember nobody knows shit about movies here for the most part. :homer:
That sure doesn't stop them from saying a lot of really stupid shit.

UPM Unit production manager
DGA directors guild of america

Unit Production Manager (tries to control spending by busting everyones ball, HARD)
Directors Guild of America (elite group of people who worked their way up the ladder for slave wages or nepotism)

Now I know that AD is Assistant Director, thanks.

Now WTF is a UPM or DGA? Gotta remember nobody knows shit about movies here for the most part. :homer:
UPM = unit production manager DGA = Directors guild of America

Director; Center of the universe and budget black hole

Director of Photographer; usually super cool with "vision"

Lol fox is reporting the head armorer was a female who had doubts about her own ability.

I love it when inclusion and diversity bite the people who preach it in the ass.

That sure doesn't stop them from saying a lot of really stupid shit.

UPM Unit production manager
DGA directors guild of america
Sure is a good thing nobody says anything stupid about trucking or I may get offended. :homer:

Thanks, now we can follow along and pretend we know WTF is going on while we talk shit. :flipoff2:

Not sure if you did all the acronym fuckery because of that thread, but either way :flipoff2:

IA or IATSE International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees aka worker bees

What we do

Animal Wrangling
Art
Catering
Construction
Continuity (Script)
Costume
Extras Casting
FACS - First Aid/Craft Services (Snacks and bandaids)
Greens (trees and nature stuff)
Grip (Schleppers and setter upperers)
Hair
Lighting
Makeup
Paint
Picture Vehicles (Get the cool vehicles)
Props (guns etc)
Security
Set Decorating
Sound
SPFX
Transportation (move everything) [some parts of the world employ Teamsters]

Edit: Locations who find and maintain sets are usually IATSE.

Last edited:
The sweet baby Jesus definitely has a sense of humor. This couldn’t have happened to a more fitting person.
Brilliance!!

Can we sue everyone that knows him for not Red Flagging him?

BREAKING: Mass shooter on movie set kills one, injures another​

Posted by DC on Fri, 10/22/2021 - 16:15
A shooter on a movie set killed one, Halyna Hutchins, 42, and injured another, a 48 year old male.
The shooter has a history of public violent outbursts and displays of mental derangement, including a road rage incident where he punched a man for the unforgivable crime of taking his parking spot in New York City. Residents of the city rarely encounter others taking their parking spots.
In another incident, he refused to turn off his electronics on a plane, as the rest of us must do per FAA rules, and was removed from the flight because of an enraged defiant outburst. He subsequently berated the flight attendant on social media for ordering him to do what flight attendants have instructed literally every passenger to do since the invention of portable electronics and the age of air travel have overlapped.
In another episode of rage, he assaulted a paparazzo photographer, because the movie star was not used to being photographed in public, and that was the last straw. In another incident with the paparazzi, he shoved a photographer against the wall for asking about his new marriage, which is uncharacteristic behavior for gossip columns.
The deranged subject also was arrested in 2014 for aggressive behavior towards a police officer, as he was riding his bike the wrong way on the sidewalk while everyone else was required to ride the other way.
Past tweets of the shooter have been unearthed, including one where he apparently fantasized about what it must be like to "accidentally" kill someone.
The media has ruled this an accidental shooting, pre-investigation, so whoever manages the movie props is clearly the one to blame. Questions are still at large regarding who thought it was a good idea to give an individual with a history of mentally unstable behavior a loaded weapon.
One suspect in this incident is potential Russian asset Donald J. Trump, as allegations of an invocation of the "Trump curse" are surfacing.
Please pray for the victims, and if you know anyone with mental health problems, please try to get them help.

I think more will come of this, but the people that hate Baldwin will continue to blame him for making a movie, regardless if this was his fault or not…
I dont see any way in hell that anything other than alive round could have caused this.

The theory of a squib being stuck in the barrel of a revolver being sent down range doesn't work either, not even close to the same powder.

You need to check your sources.

WaPO, but still.

The history of prop guns in film and television productions goes back decades. While prop guns are thought of as a nonfunctional weapon, the term also refers to real guns on TV and film sets that are loaded with blank cartridges, which are essentially modified bullets.

Everything you say is spot on, when it comes to a normal movie with a normal actor.

One slight hiccup is possible here because Alec himself is a coproducer.
Normally, an actor could blame management for not having proper safety in place.
In this case, Alec is management. So while yes, he's pretty clear as an actor for pulling that trigger, he might be on the hook from the perspective of failed oversight since as "the boss" he obviously did not have full safety in place. What do you think?

Reactions: DMG
I dont see any way in hell that anything other than alive round could have caused this.

The theory of a squib being stuck in the barrel of a revolver being sent down range doesn't work either, not even close to the same powder.
A revolver certainly seems much less likely due to the massive leak around the cylinder. Even if it was the same prop powder used. I dunno, the actor will be fine and some low level no name will get fucked for life over taking the fall.

Top Back Refresh