What's new

Alec Baldwin Shot a Lady

It was reported late last week that Actor Alec Baldwin was involved in an on set accident that killed one woman and wounded a man, since covering the original story there have been some major updates.

The gist of the original story is that Alec Baldwin, while on the set of his new film “Rust”, accidentally killed the director of photography, Halyna Hutchins, and wounded the Director, Joel Souza. It was confirmed at the time that Baldwin had been wielding what was referred to as a “prop gun” when this accident occurred. All staff on the set were cooperating with authorities and Alec Baldwin reached out to the family of the victim, Halyna Hutchins, to offer his condolences.

This is the information that was originally part of the story, since its initial breaking there have been some major updates.

One important piece of information that came up was that the gun that was used for the shot had been loaded with a single live round of ammunition. Initial reports had claimed that the gun had a blank and some reports claimed that the gun was loaded with a wax bullet. This information about the gun having been loaded with live ammunition was brought forward by Anthony Pawluc, a member of a local production union. The production company behind “Rust” had initially said the incident involved blanks but the Sheriff’s office said that it was too early to determine what kind of ammunition was used.

Brandon Lee was accidentally killed on the set of “The Crow” when part of a dummy round left the barrel of a gun, so it is possible that this is what happened here if the local production union has inaccurate information.

Another piece of information that has since come forward is that Alec Baldwin was told that the firearm he was handling was safe. According to an affidavit signed by Detective Joel Cano of the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s office, an assistant director picked up one of three prop firearms on a table and handed it to Baldwin before saying “Cold Guns!”, this was supposed to indicate that the firearm was safe to handle and was not loaded.

Possibly the most important piece of information to come up since initial reporting was that fact that the film’s Armorer was “inexperienced” and had previously had on-set mishaps.

It is being reported that Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, the armorer on the set of “Rust”, was inexperienced and had previously had a major mishap on another film. According to two separate sources, filming on Gutierrez-Reed’s last film was cut short after she handed an 11-year-old a gun without properly clearing it. One source also told The Daily Beast that Hannah Gutierrez-Reed “was a bit careless with the guns, waving it around every now and again.” This careless behavior was alleged to have happened on the set of “The Old Way” an upcoming Nicolas Cage film.

It is also being reported that this was not the first time accidental discharges had happened on set. According to two separate individuals on the set of “Rust“, there were other crew members who were handed prop guns that went off on set, thankfully no one was killed in those incidents.

Based on the current trajectory of how the media and production team is handling things, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed will be taking the bulk of the blame for this tragedy and could face serious legal trouble. This being said, more than Gutierrez-Reed is at fault for this incident. The assistant director that handed Alec Baldwin the gun should have cleared it, Alec Baldwin himself should have cleared the gun prior to the shot, and there should not have been any live ammunition on set to begin with. This incident was a total failure of all involved and should go to show the importance of knowing how to handle firearms in a safe manner.

Some of y’all seem to know something about movie production. Does any of this article sound accurate?
I have worked on some low budget schleppy things but I before this I could not imagine anyone taking a 125 year old set gun out for plinking. I can't imagine anyone I know in the business letting real ammo get anywhere near the set. If anyone I know saw anyone doing something that would possibly mix real rounds with set stuff they would raise a stink. These people need to be drug tested.
The AD's role is not stated correctly in that article I have explained it in previous posts.

Speaking of target practice with movie guns, I once long ago drove out to a range with an armor and shot a few 1930's cars up with a Tommygun, 1911, and a M1 garand. Not my plan I was just a guest. Was great fun.

I have worked on some low budget schleppy things but I before this I could not imagine anyone taking a 125 year old set gun out for plinking. I can't imagine anyone I know in the business letting real ammo get anywhere near the set. If anyone I know saw anyone doing something that would possibly mix real rounds with set stuff they would raise a stink. These people need to be drug tested.
The AD's role is not stated correctly in that article I have explained it in previous posts.

Speaking of target practice with movie guns, I once long ago drove out to a range with an armor and shot a few 1930's cars up with a Tommygun, 1911, and a M1 garand. Not my plan I was just a guest. Was great fun.
Was the M1 & Tommy full auto ? both a blast to shoot .

My wife just retired from close to 30 years in film and tv work. She said she has never seen anything remotely like what's being described as happening on this set (Rust).

Nothing full auto. The tommygun was so worn out and the loads so weak you could dam near see the round. We were shooting at very specific targets and the tommy was something like 6 inches off in a different direction each shot so we just shot at some steel with it. Incredible rush though. Its outside of my knowledge base but the armor told me that there was very little that he could do to the tommy due to fed regulations.

This is the "armorer", who's mostly to blame for all of it.
Looks like a wacko drugged up psycho liberal.
xzk73h11eav71.jpg

FCWrCuUVEAcwsex.jpg

1635110669479.jpeg

Nd9GcSTpej5VmgvX5_-fB2LZiScZ0oDsefkLq6NxQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

So stick it to Baldwin for hiring her, put the full punishment on her for being such a criminally negligent worthless piece of shit, and rail them all against the wall and bleed them dry so they are all on welfare for life.

I’m starting to think maybe she needs to face the full brunt of every law applicable here, as those people are the ones always crying for more and more gun laws, but that’s just me judging and stereotyping someone based on their appearance, which I’ve been told is wrong.

I don't think I've ever seen a cal compliant ar15 in a movie or TV show.

Mag capacity laws adhered to?

Hope they have tax stamps for all the sbr's I've seen in movies.
All of those weapons are owned and rented out by FFL holders, everything is serialized. Cal compliant, your King can blow me:flipoff2:

I don’t think that’s true, isn’t that a picture of the woman responsible for the guns not the director?
As I understand it, that is reportedly the armorer who was supposed to have cleared the guns before putting them on the cart that the assistant director took the gun off of and handed it to Baldwin.

Aaron Z

All of those weapons are owned and rented out by FFL holders, everything is serialized. Cal compliant, your King can blow me:flipoff2:
I'm ignorant of movie making procedure but I thought there was prop houses specific to this industry as in wardrobe , armament and so on , no ?

And with anything firearm related you had an expert from the specific place that loaned / rented out to supervise the handling of their property so as keep idiot like Baldwin from doing what he did ?

I'm ignorant of movie making procedure but I thought there was prop houses specific to this industry as in wardrobe , armament and so on , no ?

And with anything firearm related you had an expert from the specific place that loaned / rented out to supervise the handling of their property so as keep idiot like Baldwin from doing what he did ?
Yes that is usually the case, these weapons didn't come from one of the prop houses or they would have been accompanied by an experienced armorer. She either owns them or rented them from someone she knows.

Top Back Refresh