What's new

Alec Baldwin Shot a Lady

Ted_Kaczynski

On A Journey
Member Number
Loc
Jacksonville, FL

ALEC BALDWINGUN ACCIDENT ON SET... One Dead, One Injured​

7:26 PM PT -- The Sheriff's Department has confirmed it was Baldwin who pulled the trigger during the gun accident. 42-year-old director of photography Halyna Hutchins tragically died from her injuries, and director Joel Souza is currently at a hospital getting treatment for his.

Cops say no charges have been filed at this time, and the investigation remains active.

:homer:

The article doesn't actually say HE pulled the trigger.

It may well be the case that he did, I'm sure it will come out.

Alright, back to regular programming of wild speculation...

EDIT: Read the update at the top of the article:homer: I guess it was him that pulled the trigger. Don't know why I didn't see it until I hit refresh...

And yet again it is the "weapons" FAULT!
Reading the article it sounds like it was a mishandled gun. I feel a little sorry for everyone there. One of the reasons why (I think) EVERYONE, regardless of their thoughts on guns, should have MANDATORY safety training starting in elementary school. Even if you hate guns, you should be trained in their handling. Even if it was a handling incident if the dumbfuck actors knew anything about properly handling firearms it wouldn't have been handled in such a way where it would have led to this. I'm sure they're going to throw some poor effects person under the bus.

ALL GUNS ARE TREATED AS LOADED!

Reading the article it sounds like it was a mishandled gun. I feel a little sorry for everyone there. One of the reasons why (I think) EVERYONE, regardless of their thoughts on guns, should have MANDATORY safety training starting in elementary school. ALL GUNS ARE TREATED AS LOADED!
110% this ☝🏻

A couple years ago I somehow got picked for jury duty. The case involved a weapon.

During one of the prosecutor‘s rants, he decided to show us the weapon involved (Glock 19). He proceeded to muzzle sweep the jury box several times. Myself and a retired corrections officer approached the bailiff at our next break and explained the situation. He had noticed the muzzle sweeping too. From that point on, the weapon stayed on the table and was only pointed at.

hqdefault.jpg

Just out of interest anyone know what Hollywood use as a BFA? The ones I've used in the past were like a big red mushroom that screwed into the muzzle, if they came loose they'd fly a fair way and allegedly they hurt a bit if you got walloped with one :laughing:

well, we lost alot of ground, lol! But, there was indeed a live round with a projectile in the gun and not a blank. The gun had previously been "accidentally discharged" 2 times prior to Baldwin's incident, only the other incidents either had blanks, or didn't hit anyone. And, several people had previously raised concern about the lack of safety around the guns, and several people were walking off set due to "over worked", and possibly some non-union folks were replacing them? (filming is heavily unionized, I think the only part of movie production that is non-union is usually the VFX teams)

The media this evening keep using the term “Misfired”…

misfire
noun
mis·fire | \ ˌmis-ˈfī(-ə)r , ˈmis-ˌfī(-ə)r \
Definition of misfire (Entry 2 of 2)
1: a failure (as of a cartridge or firearm) to fire
2: something that misfires

:shaking:

Damn, all my comments from today were lost in the Great Chipmunk Fire of 1979.
Guess I’ll restate them in a single comment.

Baldwin is a douchebag, but, it’s not criminal manslaughter. It was a workplace accident. Unless something else comes to light showing he had knowledge there was live ammo present that could have been placed into the prop gun, it’s no different than your company mechanic giving you back your work vehicle, which then catastrophically fails resulting in the death or injury of someone else.

100% agreed. like him or hate him, I can't see anyone honestly thinking this is his fault. He's handed a "prop gun" or a real gun with blanks like usual, his job is to act and do what the director tells him.

Someone either knowingly put a live round in the gun, or someone who had NO business loading the gun didn't know the difference, and somehow had a box of live rounds there instead of blanks. there's zero reason a live round should be present on set. If you need to film a live round on the table? pull the bullet out, empty the powder, and put that bullet back in. Zero chance it will find it's way shooting out of the gun later on if it gets mixed back in with the blanks.

Movie sets are usually pretty controlled, every union person has their job to do, and nobody else can do that job except for them (I've been on set before fairly often in my past, and wasn't allowed even turn off or on lights without calling the electrician over to hit the button for me, so that I could take texture photographs to digitally re-create the scene)

Last edited:
100% agreed. like him or hate him, I can't see anyone honestly thinking this is his fault. He's handed a "prop gun" or a real gun with blanks like usual, his job is to act and do what the director tells him.

Someone either knowingly put a live round in the gun, or someone who had NO business loading the gun didn't know the difference, and somehow had a box of live rounds there instead of blanks. there's zero reason a live round should be present on set. If you need to film a live round on the table? pull the bullet out, empty the powder, and put that bullet back in.
This is where I'm at in this whole mess.

Sorry, but disagree with you all above. There are no excuses with firearms. And there are certainly no carve-outs for a 'movie star'.

Sorry, but disagree with you all above. There are no excuses with firearms. And there are certainly no carve-outs for a 'movie star'.
this isn't walking into a 7-11 and shooting the register worker. Ever been on set before? Actors are told exactly what to do, and rehersed over and over. they are given props to work with, and they use them as told. he pulled the trigger, as he was supposed to, and rehersed to do. I don't care for him at all, but in this instance, it's not his fault (unless some other juicy reports come out that he swapped the rounds....)

Unions are heavy in movie production, there's probably someone who loads the gun, and then another person that checks it and hands it to the actor. It's been while since i've been on set, but I imagine it's mostly the same today.

Or, maybe I'm all wrong, and this thing was low budget as fuck, and none of the union shit was there.

this isn't walking into a 7-11 and shooting the register worker. Ever been on set before? Actors are told exactly what to do, and rehersed over and over. they are given props to work with, and they use them as told. he pulled the trigger, as he was supposed to, and rehersed to do. I don't care for him at all, but in this instance, it's not his fault (unless some other juicy reports come out that he swapped the rounds....)

Unions are heavy in movie production, there's probably someone who loads the gun, and then another person that checks it and hands it to the actor. It's been while since i've been on set, but I imagine it's mostly the same today.

Or, maybe I'm all wrong, and this thing was low budget as fuck, and none of the union shit was there.
I'm not sure where to be on this deal but...

If you don't know howto operate something, then don't fuck with it.
He was the last person in control of the gun, it should be his responsibility to make sure that he was operating it in a safe manner.

If these two stories are accurate 99 percent of what happened is laid out and the blame is firmly put in 2 places. Hint, he had no authority to touch it, and they should not have been left where he could access them.

Top Back Refresh