What's new

Alec Baldwin Shot a Lady

Or, it’s a bunch of dumb actors with no skills or training…

Call 911 Call 911 Call 911!

She ded.

There is an absolutely awful picture of a guy with his legs blown off after the Boston Marathon Bombing being wheeled to an ambulance while someone pinches his femoral artery. He lived.

it is possible that the artery Baldwin hit was internal deep enough that it coukdnt be clamped without surgery.

Sorry, but disagree with you all above. There are no excuses with firearms. And there are certainly no carve-outs for a 'movie star'.

This. 100%. There is no excuse. If you pulled the trigger, it's on you.
There is an absolutely awful picture of a guy with his legs blown off after the Boston Marathon Bombing being wheeled to an ambulance while someone pinches his femoral artery. He lived.

it is possible that the artery Baldwin hit was internal deep enough that it coukdnt be clamped without surgery.

In the Army you are taught the correct way to kill someone from behind with a knife. You do not slit their throat. You plunge your bayonet vertically in the little triangle space on your shoulders. Plunge and wiggle the blade. If you cut the subclavian artery, you bleed out quickly and there is no way to pinch it off or apply pressure from the outside. You ded.

A femoral artery bleed is also deadly, but the femoral artery can be pinched off.

I had no idea those arteries were there. Adding it to the list of placed I really don't want to get shot/stabbed/or impaled.
Arteries are like magic fairy dust, it turns out they are everywhere as long as you believe in them.

Did you know you have arteries in your fingers? Yeah, talk about stupid. Just hope you never have to pick where you get shot or stabbed and just deal with it as it happens naturally :flipoff2:

You know he'll be hitting every talk show for the next 20 years about it.

Think it went byebye with the glitch in the matrix...

But as I stated yesterday, the cynic in me thinks he is egotistical enough to have done it on purpose. Your statement makes me think I'm not as cynical as I think.:eek:

Arteries are like magic fairy dust, it turns out they are everywhere as long as you believe in them.

Did you know you have arteries in your fingers? Yeah, talk about stupid. Just hope you never have to pick where you get shot or stabbed and just deal with it as it happens naturally :flipoff2:

Ayup. My list now goes like this-
Places I don't want to get shot/stabbed/impaled:
1. The big ol arteries in my shoulders
2. The rest of my body
3. Sidewalls

Think it went byebye with the glitch in the matrix...

But as I stated yesterday, the cynic in me thinks he is egotistical enough to have done it on purpose. Your statement makes me think I'm not as cynical as I think.:eek:
Never let a crisis/accident/etc go to waste.

Never let a crisis/accident/etc go to waste.
well, he’s got the world talking about him and his movie, free publicity out the ass, has a springboard to launch off a new gun-control push (guns are inherently dangerous even in the hands of professionals and should be banned) and will get a solid sympathy vote at the next Oscars or something, more free pub… win-win-win, and all it cost him was a cinematographer..

well, he’s got the world talking about him and his movie, free publicity out the ass, has a springboard to launch off a new gun-control push (guns are inherently dangerous even in the hands of professionals and should be banned) and will get a solid sympathy vote at the next Oscars or something, more free pub… win-win-win, and all it cost him was a cinematographer..

I don’t think he did it intentionally, but your statement about the guns being inherently dangerous is definitely part of the bad optics on this.

The majority of Americans aren’t strongly pro or anti gun. They typically believe you should be able to own a gun or two with some hoops/restrictions. Stuff like this is put out there as “Well, if a gun could still go off after two highly trained professionals declared it unloaded, they really must be extremely dangerous, and maybe we do need more bans/rules.”

Firearms accidents like these, where the gun or ammunition does not fail, are 100% preventable, 100% of the time. People make it out to be “well sooner or later it’s likely to happen”, like they are talking about a car accident. It’s not like that at all, it’s more like getting a DUI.

If you don‘t drink alcohol AND drive after/simultaneously, it will never happen to you.
If you don’t point a gun at someone AND pull the trigger, it will never happen to you.

Last edited:
I don’t think he did it intentionally, but your statement about the guns being inherently dangerous is definitely part of the bad optics on this.
Maybe not intentionally, for sure. (although the conspiratorial side of me wouldn’t put it past him) Don’t think his publicist isn’t working overtime squeezing everything out of this they can, though..

Latest news says several crew members handled the gun before handing it to Baldwin..The gun was known to be not a fake non firing prop. It was known to have live rounds, on a film set blanks can be considered life rounds.. Somehow Baldwin, who claims to have extensive experience wuth handling live round guns on movie sets, pointed the gun at personal and somehow it discharged..
Baldwin did not intend to shoot a person but I believe this could be considered involuntary manslaughter...Careless actions caused a death..

I’m sad the posts from the other day got lost. Alec Baldwin is still a huge douche.

Attachments

• 7FF3E472-01B6-4DC6-B133-434F68C446D1.jpeg
    7FF3E472-01B6-4DC6-B133-434F68C446D1.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 24
  • EED6B2C6-838E-4189-AA31-94A022B6451D.jpeg
    EED6B2C6-838E-4189-AA31-94A022B6451D.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 20
Latest news says several crew members handled the gun before handing it to Baldwin..The gun was known to be not a fake non firing prop. It was known to have live rounds, on a film set blanks can be considered life rounds.. Somehow Baldwin, who claims to have extensive experience wuth handling live round guns on movie sets, pointed the gun at personal and somehow it discharged..
Baldwin did not intend to shoot a person but I believe this could be considered involuntary manslaughter...Careless actions caused a death..
You or me it would be a plea deal for involuntary manslaughter. For him it will just be free advertising

Pick eeeee
picky:flipoff2:
pickier
picking
picked
pick One

Just remember...
Without that "teacher" you couldn't pick that apart!!!

Top Back Refresh