What's new

1973 Travelall 1010 - Slammed Family Cruiser Build.

All right wife has been out of town this week. And I've been sanding. I want this thing done. It's going to just be a 20 footer.

Took me 2 days just to unbury it in the garage.

I have taken the da with 600 to everything back to the rear wheel wells. I have the window frames flat areas all sanded except for past the wheel wells. All the little radius bullshit sanding on the window frames is half done. It's stupid all the sanding looks exactly the same on pictures.

1000024558.jpg

Shes gone next week Too. Not sure I can get it sprayed with work and the time windows between coats.... But I'm trying.
Send it!

Nice, I hate that final sanding. I'm usually so blowed out by that point I'm over the whole paint thing!

Are you shooting single stage or two stage? 600 is good enough to start spraying in my book.

Well...... I'm Out of grandma scented glass cleaner.... (one pass over before wax and grease)

And I dropped a pocket knife down my cowl access hole.... Oh joy.
1000024628.jpg

Well it's late today. This is gonna have to be a tomorrow project. Damn. Had to drive the kid around. Got home and the universe is telling me wait. Batteries for the safe are dead. Can't move wife's car..... I have everything but 9v....

I'll Give it another wax and grease bath before bed.

1000024651.jpg

i've got to imagine the roof is the hardest to spray consistently with the lack of a good angle and the size of the flat.

congrats man, you're "nearing the end"

I think the activator may have gone bad. It was pretty brown coming out (unopened container, but older).

Here is the previous sprays white vs the cream color I got this time.
1000024680.jpg

i've got to imagine the roof is the hardest to spray consistently with the lack of a good angle and the size of the flat.

congrats man, you're "nearing the end"
Yeah my back and shoulders are killing me today....

It's mostly the vertical areas and transition from flat to vertical that gave me trouble.

Hopefully I'll get the masking off and remask the roof tonight for the clear.

remind me on the color scheme?

offer still stands to take it off your hands. looks like you could use some more garage space:flipoff2:

remind me on the color scheme?

offer still stands to take it off your hands. looks like you could use some more garage space:flipoff2:
Body is going grey. roof was supposed to be whiter. Its kinda looking green.

I want to drive it first :lmao: I am craving something fast.....

Top Back Refresh