What's new

1973 Travelall 1010 - Slammed Family Cruiser Build.

Well I'm an idiot..... Dizzy harness was unplugged.

1000025144.jpg

1000025143.jpg

So do I dare drive a couple miles with zero lights? Midas isn't that far and the good exhaust guy is in on Fridays

Brake lights technically work. But are super dim.... I'm guessing bad ground. It uses a screw thru the housing into the body for ground.... Turns no dice.

Drive it!
I'm Gonna try to get plates tomorrow! Windshield is on order. Luckily I have the lockstrip. No one could find it..... Just the glass.

Got timing set. It's 0 Deg on #8 when warm. Electronic advance moves it up to 15 at idle. Never used a timing light before :lmao:

1000025284.jpg

Leaf blower was taken to the inside. Door seals are reinstalled.

Cats or no cats? I won't have a back window for awhile....

One of the PO's took scotch Brite or steel wool etc to the grill when they were trying to strip it :shocked:

Laquer thinner and a blue shop towel takes the paint off....

They blew thru the chrome in a few spots.
1000025295.jpg

1000025296.jpg

Fawking DOL.

They cant find a IH Travelall in their system..... OK they find a "collectors car values" book. IH "Wagon" 11k. WTF! I am not trying to pay 1700 in taxes for that shit!

And that took an hour to get thru.....

Well. I fucking win. Thank you to the lady at thr 2nd dol who suggested I go take it up with the department if revenue.

They were only a 10-minute drive from the dol.

Show the ladies and pictures, I gave her all my paperwork. And she agreed with my valuation. Taxes paid and I now have a permanent collector plate. Just over $300!

Also, oil leaks are not concentrated anywhere, the whole pan is wet. Valve cover bolts were pretty loose, I snug them all up a little bit. I don't think this engine has ever been hot since the gaskets were changed.

I may just snug up the oil pan bolts as well and see if that helps at all.

I also got a sheet metal drip pan, I guess that's a requisite for owning an international?

Opinion time. Grill is fucked.

PO's side.
1000025327.jpg

Mine
1000025326.jpg

Hit the whole thing with a scotch Brite to "brush" it?

Install as is?

Get it sand blasted and clear coat/clear powder coat?

Top Back Refresh