What's new

1973 Travelall 1010 - Slammed Family Cruiser Build.

I was supposed to get the windshield installed today. No dice. My lock strip is so old that it is shrunk to the point where they can't use it...... they brought the old school installer dude in to do it. He said he would even break the window or it wouldn't seal and probably both.

I need to figure out the transmission. It puked out a quart of fluid in 5 or 6 miles.... It also says to check the fluid level when warm and in neutral. I did not do that so maybe that's part of why it's acting so strange. I also have to look at the kickdown adjustment.

It sure looks like the oil is coming between the head and the block to me. I don't see any leaks around the transmission oil pan. Power steering was low.
1000025393.jpg

1000025390.jpg

Any idea if 1965 F100 window seals would work?
. I have front and rear new steel rubber

Headgasket leak? Bolt seem plenty tight. I did not check torque spec, but it was more than I could budge with a 1/2" ratchet.

53798028654_4930c75919_h.jpg

Drives pretty decent for what it is.
Not having an exhaust melted the driver's front Airline.

Pretty sure the alternator does not work. Unplugging the Exciter wire and plugging it back in didn't change anything.

Windshield Place sent my windshield back.....
1000025524.jpg

Drives pretty decent for what it is.
Not having an exhaust melted the driver's front Airline.

Pretty sure the alternator does not work. Unplugging the Exciter wire and plugging it back in didn't change anything.

Windshield Place sent my windshield back.....
1000025524.jpg
Looks great, I’m happy to hear you’re not having to lean on the freshly painted fenders to fix basic shit:flipoff2:

Looks great, I’m happy to hear you’re not having to lean on the freshly painted fenders to fix basic shit:flipoff2:
Yeah..... Windshield dude knocked my mirror off (it's just a clamp.... And not great) but it chipped the paint and bent thr drip rail a bit.....

Lots of little shit to fix still :lmao:

Oil leak found I think! Oil filter housing..... New gasket and rtv??
1000025529.jpg

I Fucking win today. Went thru the old file folder I had of gaskets I got from the po.

Looks about right?
1000025537.jpg

Winning!
1000025547.jpg

There was a little nick in the filter holder. Not sure it was enough to make a leak. But I filed it, added a bit of ultra black and snugged it back together.
1000025548.jpg

1000025550.jpg

Might be worth checking if any local shops do spray chrome, and see if they have any samples you can look at for your grill. I've never had it done, but impression I got was similar to powdercoating process and looks like chrome plating when it's done. Not doable for parts that see heat, etc. but might be a cheaper solution if you want your grill 'chromed.' Killer build:beer:

Might be worth checking if any local shops do spray chrome, and see if they have any samples you can look at for your grill. I've never had it done, but impression I got was similar to powdercoating process and looks like chrome plating when it's done. Not doable for parts that see heat, etc. but might be a cheaper solution if you want your grill 'chromed.' Killer build:beer:
I will take a look! I am not too worried about it at this point, the massive runs in the paint and bugs in the clear are bigger issues :lmao:

now start watching for the next leak spot. it's an IH, there's one somewhere :flipoff2:

100%, but for now lol

Top Back Refresh