What's new

1973 Travelall 1010 - Slammed Family Cruiser Build.

This. All over.

1000024944.jpg
Those will sand out nicely, and you'll be happy with it in the end. Don't let it keep you up tonight.

Hell yeah!

How long before we get a picture of this thing parked in front of the ice cream shop?
Need to fix oil pan. Then take it somewhere to get exhaust done. Do I dare try midas?

Then windshield. And starter switch.... And nut and bolt suspension.

And clean interior.... A lot.

But that will get it driving at least.

So no. Got it :lmao: fuck I blocked this thing so much already

Make it fun and exciting
Get the kids in on it:laughing:

Midas is probably OK, there's a handful of independent exhaust shops here that stay pretty busy doing "custom" stuff, which is mostly putting Flowmasters on pickups, but pre covid, the one I go to has the owner doing the work, he'd put a carried in muffler on a truck for me for 75 bucks cash, a pretty good mix of good/ fast/ cheap with problem solving ability...

Make it fun and exciting
Get the kids in on it:laughing:

Midas is probably OK, there's a handful of independent exhaust shops here that stay pretty busy doing "custom" stuff, which is mostly putting Flowmasters on pickups, but pre covid, the one I go to has the owner doing the work, he'd put a carried in muffler on a truck for me for 75 bucks cash, a pretty good mix of good/ fast/ cheap with problem solving ability...
Yeah I am Looking for one if the more old school muffler shops. It's not exactly a high performance anything so non mandrel bends etc are fine.

So should I do side exit right before the rear wheels, or go all the way to the back?

Let's see if I can seal this. Fiber washer, cap head bolt, giant copper washer.
1000025063.jpg

guy I know was welding up a pan on a car, it flamed up and shot out the drain hole and burned his face.

guy I know was welding up a pan on a car, it flamed up and shot out the drain hole and burned his face.
Was he holding the little welding shade with one hand, holding the gun with the other and wearing his finest pajamas and sandals for the occasion?

A little bit of fire when welding shouldn't be a big deal.

No drips this morning. But it may not have quite enough oil in it. I just did a quart

Added a gallon. No drips. Cranked a bit. Battery is grumpy.

Not getting gas.... Tank empty I think. Added 4 gallons. No dice.

Added a gallon. No drips. Cranked a bit. Battery is grumpy.

Not getting gas.... Tank empty I think. Added 4 gallons. No dice.
mechanical fuel pump?

I've had luck pulling the fuel line, and squirting fuel into the fuel pump to prime it to start suction going

How difficult was it to get the lace set up with the ribs in the roof? I want to do it on the wagons roof and the ribs are raised.
My ribs are dropped. I'll see if I can get a better Pic. I was thinking magnets along the ribs but gave up on that idea

Well I took a gasoline shower. Fuel tank Venting no workie.

And I'm Still not Getting fuel at the injectors..... Ugh!

I added 5 more gallons (well 4.5 after my shower)

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh