What's new

1973 Travelall 1010 - Slammed Family Cruiser Build.

Love the wheels. Going to run caps?

I plan to stick my IH caps on my dodge 20's, just need to figure out how to retain the damn things

20190503_170809-L.jpg

I plan to stick my IH caps on my dodge 20's, just need to figure out how to retain the damn things

20190503_170809-L.jpg
image.jpg

Top is dodge copcar cap it grabs rimmed Ford lugs found under the bottom cap.

Edit Your bolt circle is probably bigger than 5 on 4 1/2 but similar ring should provide enough tension.

Magnets?

Last edited:

20190503_170809-L.jpg
Wasn't planning on it. I'd rather keep the centers minimal. Satin black spray paint ftw :smokin:

Yes. Blow the whole place out with a blower. Cover everything and wet the floor

Love the wheels
I covered everything then rolled it up to the ceiling last spray.... But it's cheap I should probably less of a cheap ass and just do new

Seam sealer, I used Upol Tiger seal. Holy crap that is sticky. And really hard to get out of the tube.

Here is the WTF moment, I tired to wipe it with my finger and it ripped the tip off the glove!
52076377586_9e090dbc5c_b.jpg

Did not wipe down that nicely, not sure if I should bother with it or not. So much lacquer thinner....

52076377651_bbe53cbf07_b.jpg

Still need to do the gutters, but it was tacking up so fast I am glad I did not do them yet.

52076383353_6c71cc4f46_b.jpg

52075335172_ddfbf27a30_b.jpg

Looks awesome. You definitely need to put the seam sealer on as moisture will find its way on the seams. You have an International - you know what rust is.

I used one of these for my seam-sealer applications on my land cruiser->

Caulking tool

I used thinner to help it flow better, depends on the brand of sealer you use as to what to thin it with.

Looks awesome. You definitely need to put the seam sealer on as moisture will find its way on the seams. You have an International - you know what rust is.

I used one of these for my seam-sealer applications on my land cruiser->

Caulking tool

I used thinner to help it flow better, depends on the brand of sealer you use as to what to thin it with.
Yeah definitely sealing it.... Especially with the seams on the exterior... I got this one because it was so rust free....

The Upol stuff I am using is Xylene based it appears, the lacquer thinner seemed to clean it up ok. Scraping the majority off with my nails helped. Way stickier than anticipated.

I don’t think that fabric would work well as a vinyl top anyways.
Ha no it wouldn't work for a top at all. I'm lacing the roof. It's masking for paint and gets pulled back off.

Ha no it wouldn't work for a top at all. I'm lacing the roof. It's masking for paint and gets pulled back off.
Of course I was joking, but in reality I thought it was for some kind of headliner. Lol. Can’t wait to see the results.

wax and grease remover smooths out seam sealer real nice.

Figured I'd practice spraying, so I sprayed wax and grease remover on the roof.

20220703_122716.jpg

It's lumpy,but idgaf at this point.

Had about an hour yesterday. Did some masking. The PVC (?) fine line tape sure does make nicer curves!

52199119027_c99f722bc4_b.jpg

52199118537_6a93b1904f_b.jpg

These are a pain.

52200134663_d704439fc3_b.jpg

Roof was wiped down with solvent based wax and grease remover. I will do another round of that. Dust has stuck a bit over the years..... Thinking I will get some 2x12 and make a scaffold on both sides. Makes roof access a bit easier.

Attachments

• 52200134663_d704439fc3_b.jpg
    52200134663_d704439fc3_b.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 52199118537_6a93b1904f_b.jpg
    52199118537_6a93b1904f_b.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 4
Probably way to late now but pinholes are pretty easy to take care of when you are spraying the primer filler. Put a nice wet coat over the pinholes and smear it in with your finger.

Any updates?

Probably way to late now but pinholes are pretty easy to take care of when you are spraying the primer filler. Put a nice wet coat over the pinholes and smear it in with your finger.

Any updates?

Yeah, the cabin is coming along nicely. :lmao:

Any updates?
I spot putted all them I could find at this point.

And no, it's masked and I have all the paint, and some red pearl.....

Top Back Refresh