What's new

What did you do for your ford today?

I had a bad u-joint in the Fummins, so went ahead and changed all 3 joints in the rear shaft.
You just can't get anything to last any more. Not even 20 years old, and only 327,000 miles.

Tried to unfuck a seemingly hanging brake pad. I ended up elbow deep in it the other day replacing a CV axle due to a torn boot, inner and outer TRE's (the reason for tearing into it so I could get it aligned). I started by freeing the outer TRE, cut the inner in half and then fought to get the inner TRE out. The new one did not want to thread back in easy either. Upon reassembly I realized the lower ball joint was about shot, so back to the store for one of those. After getting all of that done and sweating through all of my clothes I just wanted to get done and take a shower. Knocked the pads out in a jiffy, got it aligned the next morning. That evening I smelled the telltale hot brake smell and the wheel was hot to the touch. Today I realized that I was an idiot and put both inner pads on one side and both outers on the other. :homer:

Now that I fixed my screwup the pad intermittently contacts as it rotates. FMR

Drained the water separator.
Talked to a service tech for a pipeline company, 90% Ford 6.7s. I asked if yall ever have any CP4 problems? He said they have, he'd done a few disaster kits on 275k+ mile trucks but he said it's not a problem for them. I tried to get him to elaborate but he said we don't have problems.
He's changed more turbos than cp4s...

1000014010.jpg

If you change fuel filters on time and aren't filling the thing off questionable sources I really don't think they're as big a deal as people make them out to be. I've never personally seen one fail that didn't have water/def/gas in the fuel.

Reactions: DMG
Is this just something you hacked on there?
Yeah I just tossed a coolant filter base in the empty spot in the pass side of the Ranger where the battery goes in a 'sploder and plumbed it in front of the heater core. Aerostar might have one too. Can't remember. Haven't popped the hood in awhile. But I try to install them on all my iron block rigs. Keeps the radiator tubes from slowly filling up with rust dust as tends to happen over time in those sorts of vehicles even if you do change the coolant on some semblance of a schedule.

Sweet betty again, 07e450 put the new fitting on the ac condenser, held 20” of vacuum for 20 min, I get 1/2 lb in and it starts pissing it out the drier canister. South bound tomorrow, Gonna be a hot ride again.

Sweet betty again, 07e450 put the new fitting on the ac condenser, held 20” of vacuum for 20 min, I get 1/2 lb in and it starts pissing it out the drier canister. South bound tomorrow, Gonna be a hot ride again.
I already told your the Ranger will haul that load just fine. If you're gonna be uncomfortably hot you can at least be stylish. :flipoff2:

Axle out of the parts truck.
TTB gone.
Coil Buckets mocked up and analysis paralysis sets in. (1/8" and about 1 degree off from each other)

Axle out of the parts truck.
TTB gone.
Coil Buckets mocked up and analysis paralysis sets in. (1/8" and about 1 degree off from each other)
Which TTB?

I'm on the hunt for a set of '94 and older (rubber pin caliper) D44HD or D50 knuckles.

Last edited:
Electric fuel pump replaced in the 86 .
On Friday.

Ordered starter and windshield eyebrow tint and a blue wool blanket (seat cover and a blanket with jic)for the 89

Decided I'd start doing some mockup for the 302 swap in the b2. Need to pick up some new engine mounts but I started coming something on it finally. Also cleaned up the crank, it had a very light coat of rust so a bit of scrubbing with wd 40 cleaned it up nicely. I'll have a machine shop give it a check before it goes together
1000002077.jpg

Top Back Refresh