Saving some weight

20240323_130917.jpg

Got my torch put together/tested for leakage/lit tested.👍
1000002091.jpg

It says to disassemble when not in use.
nOOB questions:
Is that what everyone actually does?
Or are they kept stored assembled?

Was that an airbag steering wheel you replaced?
No

But if you’re looking to replace an airbag wheel in your Bronco you’ll want a non-airbag wheel and the electrical contact things that replace the clock spring. The wheel itself just swaps on.

At 59y.o. this is the first time I've owned a torch and a pipe wrench!:lmao::homer:
Grew up Awemish, er around theses parts Hutterite?
Yer old enough to musta had or known of the kids in jr high and high school that had smoke rolling outta a van or a pinto in the lot at lunch break?
They were hot knifing hash, using a torch n knives, let alone other uses a canister torch has, usually a common thing to have by 14, ya know between the .22lr fer yer bday, then ya git the .410 fer Xmas

Grew up Awemish, er around theses parts Hutterite?
Yer old enough to musta had or known of the kids in jr high and high school that had smoke rolling outta a van or a pinto in the lot at lunch break?
They were hot knifing hash, using a torch n knives, let alone other uses a canister torch has, usually a common thing to have by 14, ya know between the .22lr fer yer bday, then ya git the .410 fer Xmas
Agree

However; I grew up with a mother who was from the shithole inner city of Baltimore, MD.
Ultra poor and saw more violence by the time she was 8y.o. than most people see in a lifetime.

So I grew up pocket knifeless and fire.armless.

My pocket knife was at 18y.o. and was a SOG/had for 22+ years.

After my dad retired from the Navy he got a college degree and joined DOD police/32nd St Naval Station.
One day he was cleaning his sidearm and we got to talking about them.
1990 was my first fire.arm purchase/all my weapons were pre-Brady.

Last edited:
it stores easier dissassembled

it's easier to not lose stuff assembled.

either way is fine
That’s why I dissassemble mine, it fits in my bag with all the plumbing soldering stuff.

ETA, I didn’t do shit to my Fords today I took the CJ out yesterday and drove around our property in mud and snow running our dogs. Was going to take the EB out today but woke up to 6” of snow and wind, so the road queen stayed in the garage. The SD stayed in the barn.

Last edited:
So after 10 months now. I finally started the truck. No fuel leaks and no oil leaks out of the turbo pedestal. Bad thing I have a fuel line sucking air in. So motor just dies after the second start up. Only got 20 psi at the regulator. Thought it was the guage reading wrong, so replaced it. Could see all the air bubbles in the fuel spewing out. So now have to chase it down.

Attachments

• 20240324_104524.mp4
    4.3 MB
You definitely shouldn't reuse the old one. The new fel pro one will be fine. You just have to make sure you get it in square and to the correct depth.

Fel pro might give you that style so you can install it in a different spot in case you you have a groove worn in the sealing surface of the balancer.
nOOB question:
Doesn't your 2nd point cancels your 1st point?🤷‍♂️

Reference:
Old seal
1711377207302.png

New seal
1711377165119.png

nOOB question:
Doesn't your 2nd point cancels your 1st point?🤷‍♂️
Yes......sort of.

With the original style seal you just hammer it home and you don't have to worry about making sure it's square. However if you have a groove worn in the sealing surface of the balancer and you don't want to use a new balancer or a speedy sleeve, you could potentially install the new seal slightly deeper or shallower so that the lip does not ride in the old groove. You would have to take more care to ensure that the seal is square with the cover/balancer.

The "sort of" part is, what is the correct location? The sealing surface on the balancer is about an inch long? Give or take a little. As long as the seal rides somewhere in that area, it's going to seal. The seal doesn't know where it is.

Yes......sort of.

With the original style seal you just hammer it home and you don't have to worry about making sure it's square. However if you have a groove worn in the sealing surface of the balancer and you don't want to use a new balancer or a speedy sleeve, you could potentially install the new seal slightly deeper or shallower so that the lip does not ride in the old groove. You would have to take more care to ensure that the seal is square with the cover/balancer.
Ah; I got a visual now!:smokin:

I happen to be replacing the factory original 'weight-shifted' HB.👍

Dumped the tow pig off at the dealer this am. 22' F-350 with 30k on it. Looks like a seal has left the chat at the trans/t-case. Hope that Gold certified stuff kicks in.
what were the symptoms?

both tanks are brand new, all new lines from tanks to selector valve and from selector valve to filters and to regulator in the valley.

Gonna take off the feed and return lines tonight and put them in a bucket of diesel and see if the problem is in the front half or from the selector valve to tank.

Took some pictures to stare at. I've got 1-3/4" round tube. Just one tube and hang the license plate off of it? I dunno, I've been thinking about this for weeks and this is all I can come up with :laughing:

Does it need another tube? Add some sheet metal somewhere? Throw a strap or chain style stirrup at the corners?

Free or $20 rear bumpers don't seem to exist.

20240325_184406.jpg

20240325_184416.jpg

Top Back Refresh