What's new

Useless things about your day!

huh suppose the extra energy conversions from using electric is enough of an inefficiency to make the difference
At any given moment I'm using a thousand horsepower to chill water sent to fan units.

There's three giant evaporative cooling towers in that loop as well.

IMG_20240613_071744564.jpg

I'm not sure the electric utility could get me enough power to do it unless I was right next to the sub station. There's 4 chillers and each one has two 454s in it. With the expansion I'm looking at adding two more. The engine coolant runs through a heat exchanger and gets put back into the hot side.

At any given moment I'm using a thousand horsepower to chill water sent to fan units.

I'm not sure the electric utility could get me enough power to do it unless I was right next to the sub station. There's 4 chillers and each one has two 454s in it. With the expansion I'm looking at adding two more. The engine coolant runs through a heat exchanger and gets put back into the hot side.
Who's your supplier on those 454 chillers? Natgas I assume?

All that to crop something that, on its own, would grow through the cracks in a sidewalk. :confused:

Don't get me wrong, it's a badass hemp farm, but I guess I don't get it. It seems like a really complicated way to grow a "weed".

All that to crop something that, on its own, would grow through the cracks in a sidewalk. :confused:

Don't get me wrong, it's a badass hemp farm, but I guess I don't get it. It seems like a really complicated way to grow a "weed".
don't worry about it man
no matter what you look into, the same answer always bubbles up

'government'

well fuck. backed my RZR out of my toyhauler last night and the fucking door broke. hasn't failed completely but it's an '09 and virtually every toyhauler rear door fails from water damage. it's a foam core with Luan sandwiched on the outside then fiberglass skin, and a hard rubber skin on the inside to drive on with an aluminum channel frame around the outside. backed out and heard a crunch.. closed the door and saw where the hinges punched thru the outer skin. pulled it back enough to peek inside and the Luan is all rotted. well fuck me. I should have sold the damn thing last fall when I was thinking about it.

Edit: called the insurance guy and he said the door would be covered. I am gonna get the part number and dimensions of it and call the local RV dealership to see if they can get a door. I don't really have time to fuck with it. Deductible is $500, for that price i'll let them replace it.

Last edited:
486, how does this feel? :flipoff2:
dunno bro, not gonna try it
mainly because I don't have any sorta fetish for dick-cancer

there are people who have a fetish for castration and parasites and std/bug chasing
so you know, if you really want to get sad about humanity you can look any of that up on the internet
and google's new world order plans will guarantee that after that moment you're immersed in all that degeneracy forever, because they've got to manufacture even more mental disorders in order to destroy the individual and grow the state

so I'm grinding on some plate over by the woodpile
make sure that the sparks are going away from the wood pile because fire

look over there and see smoke 30 min later
wtf 20' the opposite direction from where the sparks were going, over the top and around on the face away from where I was it was smoldering
fucking fire, man

Just found this in my pictures from nearly a year ago. I’m probably a dick…

We were the first people in this parking lot where ALL the stalls are long enough for boat trailers, but none were marked as such. Having our 12-1/2’ kayaks in the bed, we backed into the best spot to off load with maybe 20-30’ over land to the water. We were far enough forward that we could unload the kayaks before the curb, but there was still space in front of us before the stall lines ended.

We get back in the afternoon and the lot is full. Trucks with trailers on both sides of us. And, a SUV in front of us, in our stall, nearly touching our bumper. We’re trapped.

Note was written as we waited. Luckily the person to our right happened to come in to get something from his truck and offered to pull forward to let us out real quick.

Note remained under SUV’s windshield wiper.

Not sure if passive aggressive, but if they showed up before I was let out, I’d have told them the exact same thing.

But to this day. I’m wondering the reaction of the person with the Pebble Beach access sticker in their windshield’s reaction to my note.
IMG_4059.jpeg

^ that is actually very mild compared to the notes I occasionally leave on vehicles at work who park in an inconsiderate manner.
You gotta get some business cards printed up :laughing:

I've considered doing one to the tune of "this is a cool shitbox, here's my number, throw this card in the glovebox and if you're ever thinking about scrapping this call me"

Sitting on a beach in Topsail Island NC.

3 days is a bit much for me. Not sure how people do this for a week
Agreed. I live semi close to the beach, and the beach is awesome.. for a few hours. After that it's just sunburn and sand everywhere. I way preferred my week last week in the mountains running a bulldozer up and down mountains basically rock crawling with a dozer.

celestial navigation is super intresting. i'm going to have to take that course at somepoint in the future to upgrade my ticket.
any tricks that the chief shared with you?

I've considered doing one to the tune of "this is a cool shitbox, here's my number, throw this card in the glovebox and if you're ever thinking about scrapping this call me"
Me too! I've wrote on napkins, old envelopes and shit like that when I see something I'm looking for. :homer:

celestial navigation is super intresting. i'm going to have to take that course at somepoint in the future to upgrade my ticket.
any tricks that the chief shared with you?
When using the sun or moon as your object, use the filters on the sextant to shoot only the very bottom of the object. Filter out all of the "fuzzy" light and get a crisp edge and bring that to the horizon.

When using the moon as your object, make sure you record the time you take the fix to the second because the moon moves "fast".

If you ever get lucky enough like I did to have a celestial object directly above you, take another fix off of something else so you at least have one triangle in the equation.

One of the neat uses for a sextant is to turn it sideways and get a fix off of two land based objects that you already know the height of. Some simple math and it's way more accurate than our laser range finders.

Top Back Refresh