What's new

Useless things about your day!

I can't remember what thread it was but look what I found :laughing:
1000042346.jpg

After taking a sabbatical for the last 10 months to get a bunch of stuff done around the house, I'm back looking for a job. I just interviewed with a company that I used to work for and got asked a question that was worded exactly how I asked the question when I was on the other side of the interview table at the same company. It happened a couple more times in the course of the interview; I guess someone passed along my list of questions. :cool2:

I wonder how I did. :laughing:

Yesterday started with me dropping the loose end of a control arm busting my forehead open and went downhill after that.
I pulled the nut off my drag link at the pitman arm and it wouldn't pop out. I used a puller and ended up putting the nut back on about 1/2 way for a better angle. I noticed to nut popping down, f'ing the threads to hell and the end finally popped out. Now the nut was stripped and wouldn't unscrew. I ended up cutting it off hitting my pitarm with the cutoff wheel in the process. I ordered a new one, then...
After that good time I pulled a lower (recently installed) track bar bolt to mark a spot to drill a hole for a new steering stabilizer bracket. I put the bracket in place a ran the new bolt through the track bar into a flag nut(all the same manufacturer) marked the spot, unscrewed the bolt, the flag nut falls off and the bolt is spinning, loose enough in the holes but will not come out. 3 hours of prying while loosening, hammering, cussing I finally used the cut off wheel to cit the bolt between the sides of the pocket where it sits, minor f'ing of the bracket and the track bar bushing is toast. Unbelievably lucky I found the exact bushing in my bolt bin. The bolt became one with the bushing somehow.
There was also nats flying around my face and 476% humidity.

Attachments

• PXL_20240603_212726403.jpg
    PXL_20240603_212726403.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20240603_221444882.jpg
    PXL_20240603_221444882.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20240603_214637437.jpg
    PXL_20240603_214637437.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20240603_204503428.jpg
    PXL_20240603_204503428.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20240603_220327888.jpg
    PXL_20240603_220327888.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
Got some fillings today. Fun.

To further the fun, went to the tax office to pay personal property taxes. And just because I hadn't had enough torture, I went to the DMV to get tags on my YZ

Which that didn't happen because apparently the ladies here have never heard of anybody ever tagging dirt bike (even though I have done so at this exact dmv in the past). They literally had 3/4 of the DMV staff arguing over what was needed and kept handing me form after form then saying nevermind on that form its this one. Oh sorry it was that first one. Well no its this one Jesus fuck. The last form they determined I needed requires a pre-inspection to make sure the bike is street legal (which it isn't) so I just took all my stuff and left at that point.

Only plus of the day is I stopped at the local pizza joint for their lunch buffet which they stop at 2 pm and they gave me all the leftovers since I was the last person there. I delivered pizzas there 20 years ago with a buddy and the owner still knows us by name which I thought was cool.

Dropped off the leftovers and a salad at the woman's work and made their day.

Last edited:
Got a wild hair this morning, decided our home property needs to be safer, ordered 4 standard signs:

1716479216374.png

(Note: we have no alligators) That^ is going on the creek-side fence

1716479237383.png

(We have no hiking trails, and bears are pretty fuggin' unlikely)

1716479252218.png

( . . . we have no snow, but sleds would be welcome)

1716479261145.png

. . . and one custom sign because fuck it, why not:

1716479380461.png

I feel safer already :flipoff2::laughing:
FedEx finally got bored playing the "delayed in transit" game & gave me my shit:

1717646599674.png

We got all the mu'fuggin' safety now :laughing:

there's a 7.5hp single phase motor on CL brand new for $200
I'm really disappointed about this because I have a big 7.5hp direct drive worthington compressor head without motor that I'd bought for $60
I don't want to spend 200 bucks.
Fuck.

IMG_20240603_190919.jpg

IMG_20240603_190935.jpg

IMG_20240603_172125040.jpg

IMG_20240608_135751319_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240608_145706677_HDR.jpg

I had a "wind event" last weekend while I was away at my nephew' graduation. It picked up my tractor shed and tossed it 200 feet and smashed the absolute fuck out of it. I thought about rebuilding, but the only thing salvageable was 5 sheets of pro-panel.

No tractors were harmed in this event, but it'll cost me $10k to build another shed.

I really need to start a thread about my misfortunes on the farm.

:emb4:

oof that sucks

was just thinking about building a crappy roof over my work area, just using rail ties set on the ground as posts
guess that's a good reminder that I shouldn't

Is there any reason to hang onto a Dodge CAD D44 housing?

It's pass drop which isn't a pro to me since I have no mullet and more than five brain cells but I could make it be whatever I want at a later date with a little bit of machine shop work.

I'd scrap them.

If you really want to save something, could chop off the Cs and knuckles for a future project that you'll never get to.
Knuckles are already saved for a specific project I have planned. Now that I think about it I have another worse LP D44 center (waggy rear) on the shelf that had serious failure happen inside it. I could trash that and throw this thing on the axle rack where it won't take up any shelf space...

Conversation at work about having sex when your woman is on her period.
bla, bla, bla, revulsion, silence etc

Me- Whats the point of having a sword if you don't get a little blood on it from time to time.

Pretty proud of myself, though I don't know if I made that up or heard it before.:laughing:

Last edited:
Conversation at work about having sex when your woman is on her period.
bla, bla, bla, revulsion, silence etc

Me- Whats the point of having a sword if you don't get a little blood on it from time to time.

Pretty proud of myself, though I don't know if I made that up or heard it before.:laughing:
Pretty close to these two circa late '80s

My purple helmeted soldier and I were bloodied in battle last night.

It's not a real sword until it (draws blood or has tasted blood)

I'll go with you heard it somewhere or dang close to it.:laughing:

there's a 7.5hp single phase motor on CL brand new for $200
I'm really disappointed about this because I have a big 7.5hp direct drive worthington compressor head without motor that I'd bought for $60
I don't want to spend 200 bucks.
Fuck.
well I spent 200 bucks
guy looked just like my uncle, didn't ask him about it though, just looked at him funny for a li'l while
wouldn't take 150 lol

it doesn't seem to be a reversable motor, here's to hoping it spins the right way to make the compressor's fan blow the right way, splash lubed so it might have spoons on the con rods that are directional too

It spins the right way for the compressor head and maybe the right way for the concrete conveyor auger thing
I dunno if the auger conveyor really needs that much snozz, but I've got that much snozz to throw at it (and a gearbox that'll knock it down to 95 rpm) so why not play it safe (and maybe twist off the 3/4" gas pipe driveshaft that's running the flighting from the discharge end)

"North side Shredder" scrap metal place, installing a new shredder with natural gas powered Wakashau engine.

*American Shredder" next door has same setup but bigger and 2 engines

Interesting to me in the current technology rush generation these guys are going "old school"

1000013547.jpg

1000013499.jpg

"North side Shredder" scrap metal place, installing a new shredder with natural gas powered Wakashau engine.

*American Shredder" next door has same setup but bigger and 2 engines

Interesting to me in the current technology rush generation these guys are going "old school"
Neat, wonder why the engine drives though
maybe there isn't big electric lines in the area or the poco is shit, or ya'll got that texas lightning problem where anything electric will get killed by lightning several times a year...

Top Back Refresh