What's new

Useless things about your day!

Had to check out my niece's 2008 Honda CRV. She had the cat replaced 8 months ago and now it's throwing cat efficiency codes again. They took it back to the shop and they said it's the o2's and wanted $850 to replace them first, so I volunteered to swap them out.

I heard her driving from 3 blocks away, the cat is completely clogged. I'm surprised she made it here.

Threw the borescope inside for shits n giggles.

So my sister calls the place to tell them it's definitely a plugged cat, and I guess the guy throws a fit on the phone and said there's no way.

I've got pics and a fucking video.

Photo_2024-06-19 17_02_57_174.JPG
Photo_2024-06-19 17_03_56_477.JPG

Had to check out my niece's 2008 Honda CRV. She had the cat replaced 8 months ago and now it's throwing cat efficiency codes again. They took it back to the shop and they said it's the o2's and wanted $850 to replace them first, so I volunteered to swap them out.

I heard her driving from 3 blocks away, the cat is completely clogged. I'm surprised she made it here.

Threw the borescope inside for shits n giggles.

So my sister calls the place to tell them it's definitely a plugged cat, and I guess the guy throws a fit on the phone and said there's no way.

I've got pics and a fucking video.

Photo_2024-06-19 17_02_57_174.JPG
Photo_2024-06-19 17_03_56_477.JPG
Would a clogged cat be the cats fault or the vehicles fault?

Would a clogged cat be the cats fault or the vehicles fault?

That's the only rub here. The cat is clearly failed, but they could easily place blame elsewhere... They were arguing the cat wasn't bad. I take issue with it being a cheap aftermarket cat though, they have horrible reputations.

I can't really look into it much more with it plugged solid. I told my sister not to give them another dime, if they refuse to replace the cat we'll make other plans.

So far we're 0 for 2 on Hondas. Both of them we've had have been money pits.

FedEx finally got bored playing the "delayed in transit" game & gave me my shit:

1717646599674.png

We got all the mu'fuggin' safety now :laughing:

Finally got our new, super-official safety signs put up on Saturday.

Alligator warning, bear warning, and "don't feed wildlife" signs add some funky to the creekside fence:
1718900048604.png

. . . and the snowmobile one still fookin' cracks me up every time I see it.
1718900198741.png

Tempted to add this to that^ fence to the left of the gate:
1718900298773.png

. . . because ridiculous :laughing:

If you are in a group chat and have an Iphone. When you update the Chat name, It will only send that info out to other Iphone users. Android won't see anything differently.

I don't understand. Do people really do this? Eat 0.82 ounces of watermelon- cut into squares on a plate? Is this regional? :confused:

Do you also eat A french fry? Had 2 M&M's for desert. A brown one and a red one.

That’s an exotic fruit here, imported thousands of miles from deep in Mexico, grown by Aztecs in pointy boots listening to polka music while fertilizing it with the blood of virgins.

I HATE selling shit. Post something on a local forum for sale. Price is FIRM

He comes billybob, I'll meet you at X (30-45min drive) and I'll take Y for it.

Told him reading comprehension is important.
Of course I get yet another msg explaining how negotiations are supposed to work and he has for the first time ever, rescinded his offer. :lmao:

Holy shite I hate stupid people

That’s an exotic fruit here, imported thousands of miles from deep in Mexico, grown by Aztecs in pointy boots listening to polka music while fertilizing it with the blood of virgins.
I don't believe you, who would waste the blood of virgins on watermelons? :shaking:

The shop replaced the cat without fighting and swapped the o2's without fighting as well. Somehow after questioning why the cat failed, they only said maybe because the o2's weren't replaced. Not gunna argue.

Sounds like the sister is going to sell it right quick while it's still running

might just be burning oil
shoulda started with selling the cat and welding in a piece of pipe, tape over the engine light and let it suffer out the rest of its miserable existence

maybe replace the upstream o2 with a junkyard one if it starts getting shitty mileage

That right there is why I don't sell shit. If I buy something it dies with me, goes to the dump or a buddy gets it for free. Fuck people.

Normally, I'd agree. I've thrown away valuable shit just to not have to deal with people.
This is guns and stuff and I can't take it with me where I'm going. No problem smashing all of it and putting it in the dumpster though

might just be burning oil
shoulda started with selling the cat and welding in a piece of pipe, tape over the engine light and let it suffer out the rest of its miserable existence

maybe replace the upstream o2 with a junkyard one if it starts getting shitty mileage

Pics of the cat didn't make it look fouled.
It's my 20yr old nieces car, she doesn't want to have to play games with it. I know how to get it around emissions and shit they just don't want to do it that way. My car, absolutely. There wouldn't have even been a post, woulda just been done already.

I learned today that VW bugs with Honda K motors exist. woof
there's ones swapped with the J series minivan v6 too

gotta wonder how they manage to get the transaxles to stand up to like 10x the power they were built for
ETA: wait, ain't there a bunch of sand rails with northstar motors making retarded power too?

gotta wonder how they manage to get the transaxles to stand up to like 10x the power they were built for
ETA: wait, ain't there a bunch of sand rails with northstar motors making retarded power too?
This is what keeps VW transaxle builders in business. Go look a dune car for sale adds. The majority of them say fresh trans. They are selling because they are over spending 3500 to 7k every season or 2 on a trans rebuild.

There's a fancy mendeola transaxle that fits in them. It's dumb expensive and still fragile.

Another fuckin dead height control on the plasma table. This is #3. I think it's the humidity getting them. I wonder if I can pot the next one. Seems to only kill them when it's hot and humid.

Another fuckin dead height control on the plasma table. This is #3. I think it's the humidity getting them. I wonder if I can pot the next one. Seems to only kill them when it's hot and humid.
ain't they got a lotta voltage going though them?

make a tub to dunk it in something like transformer oil
maybe a really clean and dry mineral oil would be easier to get, like vacuum pump oil...

Top Back Refresh