What's new

Useless things about your day!

I'll sell you a less white trash civic for quadruple :flipoff2:
$850 you deliver. :flipoff2:

Not really interested in buying something that's seen a life of gravel roads and road salt.

Pretty much all the "stereotypically good commuter car" vehicles under $2k are fucking clapped. Not that this should surprise anyone with two brain cells to rub together but the value for money seems to be clean-ish for age stuff that has nothing remarkable about it but also doesn't have a hordes of idiots telling other idiots to buy it.

Wife had a scary moment with a TIA two weeks ago that put her in the hospital. They ran every test possible on her to figure out WTF. Yesterday we finally met with the cardiologist and they're confident it's related to a hole in her heart. There's a procedure for this and it's outpatient same day. Asked the doc what sort of limitations she'll have after and he said "none, live your life." Asked him if she has any limitations leading up to the surgery and he said "nope, life your life. Your body is gonna do what it's gonna do either way."

Anyway, we were really happy we know what caused the issue and a relatively minor fix for it, so my wife celebrated by dragging me on a death march up a steep-ass hill in Big Sur.

1719500936313.png

1719500974606.png

Quick storm yesterday with some serious straight line winds. Blew the top out of a little sweet gum tree and stuck it against my carport beside the shop.

Seems weird because gum trees don't break anything unless dead for a few years. Then it looks like it broke where a woodpecker was getting after it. Now I'm wondering if it was lightning? I dunno

20240627_155056.jpg
20240627_155125.jpg

woah. All the trees i've seen that have been struck by lightening usually burn from the inside out, no?

Crazy pattern on your gum tree tho
Pattern gotta be a woodpecker.

We have those giant prehistoric woodpeckers that were on the endangered species list during the 80's. Same size as a crow. They are God's wood chisels.

Wife had a scary moment with a TIA two weeks ago that put her in the hospital. They ran every test possible on her to figure out WTF. Yesterday we finally met with the cardiologist and they're confident it's related to a hole in her heart. There's a procedure for this and it's outpatient same day. Asked the doc what sort of limitations she'll have after and he said "none, live your life." Asked him if she has any limitations leading up to the surgery and he said "nope, life your life. Your body is gonna do what it's gonna do either way."
Hope that it goes smoothly.

I loaned it to a buddy who put a fullsize K30 on it with 44 inch boggers. He kinda ran over my fenders.
I put a k10 with 44 18.50 gumbo monster mudders on my fil's trailer. The tires had 3 psi in them, we put soap on them and backed it on.

i would be pissed if a loaned out trailer came back that way without a sincere apology and an open offer to replace those fenders.

Welp, I hope it was good for you cuz that is the last time you borrow my shit dude. :mad3:

Probably why I only loan tools and trailers to one friend. He takes better care of my shit than I do when he borrows it. :emb:

got a rusty saw chain
tried dunking it in battery acid overnight, it got the outside clean, but there's still stuck links
some kinda magic way to break them loose? Tried bending it back and forth "the wrong way" and it sorta works with a bunch of effort

Why? just buy a new chain....what like $20?
it's 058 325 and I have some mental block against buying wierd shit
if it were 050 375 I'd toss it and make a new loop outta the roll I got laying around

there was a little jumble of chains at the scrap yard the last time I was there, shoulda grabbed a few, they're really easy to shorten to fit or stick two together to lengthen, but I didn't.

thus wanting some sorta "yeah just dump the shit in this sauce overnight and it'll be fiiiiiiine
I've got HCL as well as the H2SO4, didn't want to waste it though because I actually bought that stuff rather than dumping out a junk battery

ETA: I oughta see if the bar's worn out enough to fit one of the 063 325 chains I've got for the free chinkanese saw that I don't use much any more

got a rusty saw chain
tried dunking it in battery acid overnight, it got the outside clean, but there's still stuck links
some kinda magic way to break them loose? Tried bending it back and forth "the wrong way" and it sorta works with a bunch of effort
Electrolysis might work and costs about nothing.

Uh? you mean the extra mirror for when you remove the doors?

Yes, last 15 minutes I’ve been racking my brain to figure out why you needed two mirrors, completely blanked on mirrors attached to doors. Closest I got was extra mirrors of you knock yours off on the trail, on an obvious pavement queen.

Owner at work was going around getting the SN's and dates of manufacture off all the machines yesterday. Shit like that makes me nervous. Especially since they are laying off people and cutting hours.
that shit always made me nervous too.

oh it's no big deal we just need those for the bank notes on our machines.. uh.. uh huh..

Top Back Refresh