What's new

Useless things about your day!

20240922_201344.jpg

Neighbors doggo wanted pets, wandered across the street for a beer and a break.

Something going on with the head unit, sub isn't putting out for shit. Gain knob on amp makes no audible change, but some I cut the volume in half with the head unit and can't get it back :homer:

*1 more beer * and I'll go clean up and disconnect the wire that has had my interior lights on :laughing:

Attachments

• 20240922_201256.jpg
    20240922_201256.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
another C frame that rolls out to the end on a trolley with legs that drop down to touch the ground
I know that wasn’t a fully thought out suggestion but I think you’re onto something.

I could just hinge it rather than having them roll. Make the telescoping feet real long so they can reach and pin to the trailer for travel or “light” use.

And I can probably mostly make this out of the material from the old Uhaul crane.

I know that wasn’t a fully thought out suggestion but I think you’re onto something.

I could just hinge it rather than having them roll. Make the telescoping feet real long so they can reach and pin to the trailer for travel or “light” use.

And I can probably mostly make this out of the material from the old Uhaul crane.
1000003143.jpg

Tension member on top of beam (red) and some triangulation back to the posts (blue)

well my rollup shop door crapped out today. went to raise it up and there was a real loud bang. the spring inside it broke. holy shit it was loud!
Its all riveted together, and doubt I can find a new spring for it tomorrow, so I'll probably be looking for a new door. tried to lift it up with forks and all it wanted to do was wad up the bottom. had my friends truck inside that I needed to leave today but guess it'll be here another day. about ready to light it all on fire and drive away.

well my rollup shop door crapped out today. went to raise it up and there was a real loud bang. the spring inside it broke. holy shit it was loud!
Its all riveted together, and doubt I can find a new spring for it tomorrow, so I'll probably be looking for a new door. tried to lift it up with forks and all it wanted to do was wad up the bottom. had my friends truck inside that I needed to leave today but guess it'll be here another day. about ready to light it all on fire and drive away.
Counterweight and pulley.

Tension member on top of beam (red) and some triangulation back to the posts (blue)

I thought about doing like the red. I think something that can swing out and bear on the ground like this is better though. Orange and green would telescope and pin. Top of the orange would be a hinged joint. Not sure if A frame or C-frame would be better.

open.
Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 11.06.43 AM.png

stowed:
Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 11.05.06 AM.png

if you are going to have legs on the ground in the way like in "open"... why not just make "closed" in the way, permanently?

No way its anywhere close to the same amount of work. Besides that though. In the real world, those things are going to be swung out like 3x. After you realize they are a royal PITFA to deal with they will remain in the "closed" position forever. Just weld em in right now and get to work. :laughing:

The question wasn't why they don't last as long as tires on cars driven by "normal people" last. I'm perfectly happy with them not lasting. The question was why the new better modern shit doesn't last as good as the antiquated garbage all else being equal. That's a pretty fucking reasonable question.

Everyone up until you understood that. And you probably would've understood it too if you weren't looking for some reason to get your panties in a knot over what I post.
Ok, I guess I'll have to get used to the new and improved Arse.

To respond to the question unintelligently, probably cause quality is garbage compared to the antiquated stuff.

I highly doubt you can make 12-1500 a day doing anything!
I'm not hourly either. Own all my shit and it can sit parked if I don't feel like working.

Nobody who sits on a machine makes 300k annually. You might make that rate for brief amounts of time but it doesn't annualize to anything like that.

You need to skim the productivity off the top off of many men on machines to make that kind of money. And those people aren't going and sitting on a machine to make a few extra bucks. They're doing support shit to keep the guys on machines from getting blocked.

Stupid car- exhust does not clear the lower turbo, with out removing that as well. Only 3 bolts (I think) but covered in grime/oil mess that I am not dealing with tonight.

Studs/nuts/gaskets/couple o-rings = ~$420 ha ha jebus. Left to right was $70, $90, $43 (x3) - got the cheaper 3x head to manifold ones for $15 each bc that is just insane costs.

At least it is better than needing turbos, because they cost more than the car is worth. Still need to get it the rest of the way apart, extract broken stud, then put back together. But I need to get up in 5 hrs to drive back to CT and hopefully fix a customers machine.

Attachments

• IMG_8342.jpg
    IMG_8342.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8343.jpg
    IMG_8343.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1
Got the bearings for the splitter box for my batwing mower yesterday. Got that put back together last night. When cleaning out the bottom of the case there were two teeth in with the crud. Upon closer inspection one of the wing gears has been replaced at some point. Got it all cleaned out with brake clean and assembled, and filled with oil.

Also got my 4 point saw dogs for my 026 and 362 in the mail yesterday. I think I am going to like them. They are about half as long as the 3 point dogs I bought for the 044 and 660.

Also picked up a new 7k axle to replace the one I bent on my dump trailer. Should get that swapped out tonight. It was raining when I got home last night and I didn't feel like laying on the ground in the wet to dick with it.

Got the bearings for the splitter box for my batwing mower yesterday. Got that put back together last night. When cleaning out the bottom of the case there were two teeth in with the crud. Upon closer inspection one of the wing gears has been replaced at some point. Got it all cleaned out with brake clean and assembled, and filled with oil.

Also got my 4 point saw dogs for my 026 and 362 in the mail yesterday. I think I am going to like them. They are about half as long as the 3 point dogs I bought for the 044 and 660.

Also picked up a new 7k axle to replace the one I bent on my dump trailer. Should get that swapped out tonight. It was raining when I got home last night and I didn't feel like laying on the ground in the wet to dick with it.

Got the axle pulled last night. like a dum dum I didn't buy new u bolts and of course I twisted one leg off on one taking them out. Noticed that I bottomed out the u bolt on the frame and that is what kinked the tube and that's where it bent. :homer:

So tonight I gotta run by the trailer place to pick up some ubolts if I get back from the wife's dr appt.

Got the axle pulled last night. like a dum dum I didn't buy new u bolts and of course I twisted one leg off on one taking them out. Noticed that I bottomed out the u bolt on the frame and that is what kinked the tube and that's where it bent. :homer:

So tonight I gotta run by the trailer place to pick up some ubolts if I get back from the wife's dr appt.
yeah that generally happens when the trailer isn't hooked up level. done that myself accidentally.

yeah that generally happens when the trailer isn't hooked up level. done that myself accidentally.
I have the trailer sitting level when I pull it. I am guessing I probably did it when I was hauling dirt awhile back. I was trying to dump it as close as I could to the other pile and pushed the rear tires into the pile that was already dumped there. overloaded that one tire when I lifted the bed. I honestly don't know. I just know it's bent and I gotta fix it before I wreck a $200 tire as well.

Wok up yesterday with 10/10 pain on the left side of my neck, from the shoulder to my skull. Could barely move, lots of heat and trying to stretch, today is marginally better.

Getting old ain't for pussys
That sucks.

But 10/10 is slowly dying in a hospital after having been lit on fire and then run over. :laughing:

1727270601195.png

Been working on my trailer upgrades and it has been enjoyable... Even with the burns from wearing flip flops and shorts while welding and grinding.

Trying to plan for all the upgrades I want to do is an interesting challenge but I gotta admit it is better than my day job.

Then I realized I bought a budget minded trailer and spent $1K on straps, winch, rub rails, and other upgrades... :shaking:

But hey, then I know it is mine and does what I want it to do.

I have the trailer sitting level when I pull it. I am guessing I probably did it when I was hauling dirt awhile back. I was trying to dump it as close as I could to the other pile and pushed the rear tires into the pile that was already dumped there. overloaded that one tire when I lifted the bed. I honestly don't know. I just know it's bent and I gotta fix it before I wreck a $200 tire as well.
i've done it by accidentally going thru a ditch loaded! I need to make taller spring hangers I guess. mine is real close to hitting no matter what.

Top Back Refresh